lets talk watches

poopie boy

Dismal when you are in town, check out the second hand shops on bowery near canal. Lots of IWC, Rolexes, Omegas from the 60s and 70s.

just rolled through here earlier and it was a blur of noodle soup and watches. loved it.

Dismal when you are in town, check out the second hand shops on bowery near canal. Lots of IWC, Rolexes, Omegas from the 60s and 70s.
just rolled through here earlier and it was a blur of noodle soup and watches. loved it.

are there any good deals or is it mostly eye candy?

Anyone got any more info or yay or nays on this watch?

s_aaaa101a.jpg

ALBA Automatic Watch "RIKI WATANABE" AAAA101

Listed price: 21,000JPY

Made in Japan!!

Case : SS

Crystal: Hardlex

See-through back: Hardlex

Diameter: 36.8 mm (without the crown)

Thickness: 13.3 mm

Movement: Y675 21J Automatic

Accuracy: +/-1 min/day

Power reserve: 40 Hour

-3 ATM water resistance

Seikos are great value at around 400 shipped - automatic, date, hacking. The movement accuracy isnt so great, but the power reserve is 50 hours!

Keep in mind the size of the watch though, my watch is 38mm but i am 6'2" - the japan only editions of seikos are generally alot smaller than what people in the US etc are used to. (azn concept)

yeah I've wanted a Stowa for a while though. really is the only watch I want. until then i guess i'll have to stick with my digital casios

Go for a Stowa! Save up and get a great watch!

Just had the most ridiculous discovery ever. Went to my girlfriend's house and saw a Panerai Luminor Marina lying around. Asked her if she knew that it shouldn't be "lying around like that". She just said that she and her sisters always take turns to wear it all the time and it's just another watch from her father's collection. I long knew that her father was a watch collector, but a Panerai as a everyday beater watch of 3 girls sounds too absurb to me.

Just had the most ridiculous discovery ever. Went to my girlfriend's house and saw a Panerai Luminor Marina lying around. Asked her if she knew that it shouldn't be "lying around like that". She just said that she and her sisters always take turns to wear it all the time and it's just another watch from her father's collection. I long knew that her father was a watch collector, but a Panerai as a everyday beater watch of 3 girls sounds too absurb to me.

Buy three homages, have dad give em as gifts, take that out of harms way.

Girls have no sense of collectibles value and care of quality goods.

Could anyone perhaps shed some light on this watch, it was my uncles, just got it as a 20th birthday gift, dunno much about.

It's breguet, I know that. On the top under the 12 it says "Breguet 4692"

On the back top it says "automatic ref. 3980, and on the bottom it says "Breguet 4692 again, except this time followed by a J

Pics

c09162cf.jpg

9dd4d3be.jpg

a2645d04.jpg

dc98bd0a.jpg

4a019f64.jpg