lets talk watches

poopie boy

What did it look like before the work? I'd have a real hard time taking a vintage piece and turning it new again. Did you keep the original dial, hands, etc.?
Fuck that's nice, england. glad you kept (out of choice/out of restrictions?) the bezel. acrylic or sapphire crystal?

always love looking at restored pieces, before & after.

Original Pics:

66cljc.jpg

2pob1qc.jpg

My dad smashed it 30 years ago in India and the local Omega dealer put the wrong dial back in it for starters.

The current condition of the watch included small crack in the crystal, the lume cracking and falling off the hands, brittle/broken pushers and crown, and several deep scratches on the case back and sides. Hands/DIal/Crystal/Pushers/Crown had to be replaced. No way to keep it 100% original except to buy a duplicate 1965 Speedmaster to scrap parts from.

tumblr_lj943rHXeI1qe5o8z

nice watch, but the bracelet is ugly. Overall, this watch screams 'I waer this watch when driving my five hundred and forty brake horsepower Porsche nine eleven turbo and I have no soul. just lots of money. and you know that.'

yeah, dislike that mesh bracelet.

i love the speedy. i would have purchased one a long time ago, but i didn't like the acrylic crystal. i didn't realize sapphire crystal was an option until i just checked out the omega site! hmmm...

nice watch, but the bracelet is ugly. Overall, this watch screams 'I waer this watch when driving my five hundred and forty brake horsepower Porsche nine eleven turbo and I have no soul. just lots of money. and you know that.'

bracelet doesnt look good with the watch but that iwc doesnt scream anything to me at all.

My daily wearers:

SBDB001 - haven't seen this one worn around here, but nice to see other Spring Drives

5598059830_6073c20964_z.jpg

love this Marinemaster, dopppe!

mesh would look dope on some vintage dive watch! but yeah on that IWC doesn;t look right

^ i don't see a surfboard, either

actually, it looks like he's riding the rolex

Getting 10 over prolly feels better than a 'lex on the wrist. Good observation on the no watch though...

Bit my lip and grabbed a g-shock for the water. It tells time and is water resistant. Ain't pretty. Not super comfy. But it gets me to work on time so's I can surf more later.

i think the MC photo is screaming that more than the watch drew

and yeah the shark mesh is gross

What did it look like before the work? I'd have a real hard time taking a vintage piece and turning it new again. Did you keep the original dial, hands, etc.?

yeah why swap the dial? unless it was completely trashed, def prefer all original parts. really took away any value as far as vintage watches go.

O...

My dad smashed it 30 years ago in India and the local Omega dealer put the wrong dial back in it for starters.

yeah why swap the dial? unless it was completely trashed, def prefer all original parts. really took away any value as far as vintage watches go.

;)