lets talk watches

poopie boy

I also agree on the leather nato... Leather was made for a watch band, not a strap like that. By the time you wrap that 3 times, it would be a huge chunk of leather on your wrist.

I don't get why everybody is beasting over those. I have a feeling they'll look real stupid when worn. Some of my nylon straps barely sit flat, so I don't know about leather man.

this much is probably true as well.

On the same topic, what is a good source for quality dress watch bands? I want brown or amber croc and don't want to spend too much, just something decent.

Okay,

thinking about replacing my lost watch.... and i'm happy to spend about $700 or so.

SEIKO premier direct drive moonphase, sapphire crystal, great finishing:

seiko-premier-srx003p1-thumb-450x389-3837.jpg

or

Hamilton Field Khaki Titanium; automatic, titanium, casual.

12922813536_2.jpg

The Seiko looks great in person, and probably goes well with a suit, which i'll be wearing pretty much 5 days of the week.

but the hamilton just looks so fucking cool, and i can rock it anywhere.. plus it's an automatic too.

maybe i'll get both? or maybe someone can recommend me another watch. I currently have no watches.

If you were really gonna spend $1400 (ie by buying both of those) you get into a better realm of watches. You could a Junghans Max Bill of some sort, or a Sinn. I think you can get away with wearing those with both casual and work clothes.

the Hamilton khaki titanium is a good bang for your buck watch.

i'd change out the strap, though.

i've got a stowa, omega, seiko, and sinn, but i probably wear my Hamilton field watch the most. it is versatile, tough, and it does not draw attention.

i keep going to the toywatchusa site

too much Bizarre Foods, i think (andrew zimmern seems to have a few of dayglo joints)

i love the anti-high-end-watch ethos

watch people can be so SERIOUS

Haha, wearing mine today!

Yeah, I got an e-mail about that but I forget what the reason was. I got mine from Alpha HK anyway.

Just checked the HK site and I don't remember paying that much for mine. Did they raise their prices? Trying to check my statements to confirm.

edit: I paid $57.99, shipped. Looks like they've raised the prices a bit. #bummer

Haha, wearing mine today!

Yeah, I got an e-mail about that but I forget what the reason was. I got mine from Alpha HK anyway.

Just checked the HK site and I don't remember paying that much for mine. Did they raise their prices? Trying to check my statements to confirm.

yeah i checked on ebay also it seems to be the going rate for the alphas now..

another one i like are the VOOW sterile subs

140.jpg

The orients are good. They discontinued the older version that was sold in the US but you can get one with a sapphire crystal from watches88.

I'm selling my steinhart Ocean 1 DLC because I need the money, but for anyone looking for a subalike, definitely check out Steinhart. Swiss movement that tends to run pretty well out of the box (I've gotten ETAs from other brands and they were running 40 seconds fast a day).

The watches are also really well made and have some heft to them. Also, Steinhart has great customer service.