lets talk watches

poopie boy

the straps i have from gnomon are way better than straps i've gotten from jcrew, fwiw. the j crew ones turn my skin green where the keepers are. gnomon ones are unstoppable. i wish i could easiy swap out the bracelet on my air king so i can rock it with his nato :(

I think the sub is more timeless than the Panerai.

In 20 years the Sub will still look modern, but the Panerai will look out of date. Like a brown GMT, or oversized oval cases from the 70's....

Still a nice watch, don't get me wrong, But imo it's going to be dated.

I think the sub is more timeless than the Panerai.

In 20 years the Sub will still look modern, but the Panerai will look out of date. Like a brown GMT, or oversized oval cases from the 70's....

Still a nice watch, don't get me wrong, But imo it's going to be dated.

well said :D

Unfortunately, I've never really been that keen on the Submariner. I mean, I get that they're really classic* and durable and everything, but for the price they just look so extremely plain, if you know what I mean? If it's bothering you that much, though, you should have a look at the returns policy for whoever you bought it from.

*Timeless isn't a good word to describe watches

*Timeless isn't a good word to describe watches

Did you just make a joke Daaaaaaave?

I'm with the majority here on the sub vs. Panerai. The sub will truly never go out of style and will always look reasonable on almost anyone's wrist.

There is something very un-Panerai about the black gator strap though. If it were me, I'd want something in a more natural brown leather. Something I could watch age over time. .

well, you guys are big-upping Rolexes nowadays, but had we had this convo 5 years ago, nobody would've really wanted a Rolex over a Panny, watch fashions change more than clothes I think. Once the recession ends, people have spending money again, Rolexes are gonna look a little frumpy and dated again, just like they did in the mid 90's.

@daaave i bought it months ago, so theres no way i can return it.

@whogotmeintothis i agree with you. i think panerais are more like fashion watches while rolex are more like classic watches. i have been thinking about natural leather straps, i just haven't found one =/

Keep in mind too, that rolexes are really a dime a dozen er... for grand a dozen....

there are a lot of other great watches out there that don't have quite the love of rolex that are timeless.

I think those Panerai will be collectable in the future though....

@daaave i bought it months ago, so theres no way i can return it.

@whogotmeintothis i agree with you. i think panerais are more like fashion watches while rolex are more like classic watches. i have been thinking about natural leather straps, i just haven't found one =/

If you'd really like a sub, I would be willing to bet that there are numerous members of forums like Watchuseek that would be willing to make a trade like that. You should check it out.