lets talk watches

poopie boy

• 1 month later...
I'm a big fan of the Rolex daytonas.

rolexdaytonauj9.jpg

do you always leave your stopwatch running? if so that must kill your reserve. but wait, the subdial times dont quite add up.....

subdial spacing is like that of the older, Zenith based daytona, yet the running seconds aren't at 9 o'clock where they should be.

the dial is poorly done.

i'm guessing a canal st $20 pos.

get a better one here:

http://perfect-clones.com/rlds10003-white-dial-asia-7750-running-secs-2005-model-p-749.html

believe me, its worth every penny.

I bought it off a forum member from the MWR forum.

http://www.mwrforum.net/cgi-bin/px.pl

It is sort of doubtful that you will find another like it as they are pretty rare birds. But a great dive watch with a cool history is the CWC RN Diver. You can usually pick them up for around $400 or so. I would suggest you get one that has been issued and carries the appropiate issue markings. The cool thing is that they are only so many of these watches and they have a cool history to them....as a result I wouldn't expect the watches to loss value and only gain in their worth. Plus let some commando put the first few scratches on them for you!

thats dope!

The one watch I want to wear right now is the black Chanel J12. Kind of a random choice and it's probably immensely overpriced for what it is and not really up to par with a real quality timepiece, but I just like it. Doubt I will bite on it though. :(

I have plenty of years left in which to wear the Rolexes, Franck Mullers, etc.

AACHAN0011-1.jpg

anyone have experience ordering from perfect clones? trustworthy?

josh is the owner of that domain. he is perfectly trustworthy. i've probably spent a couple G's already ordering from him. Good quality too, but this depends on the model. you can pay via paypal or western union and you will get your item within a week. best luck!

if i could i would love to have patek

I will second that! I also love watches. I have a few everyday watches that I like to use. One is a swiss military watch that my mom bought for me in Sweden. For how cheap it is it's a great watch. I also have my grandpa's 1969 Omega dynamic that my grandma gave to me after he passed away, I also have a 18k gold Longines that was my grandpa's from the same time period that I don't wear due to me being too young to wear a gold watch.

After christmas time I plan on getting a Tag Heuer carrera, it seems like a great watch for the price.

i am most interested in the quality of the panerai watches. do you have any experience with those?

thanks!

it depends on which model. the panerai in my photo is not a rep from perfect-clones. it is a custom watch i built after acquired each peice from several different sources: 001 case back from perfect clones; perfect fit replacement case, bezel and crown guard from jimmyzfu on ebay; crown and crystal from a watchmaker by the name of davidsen; dial and genuine eta swiss made 6497-2 (the exact caliber, high-beat--21,600) from a parts seller on ebay. all that plus some genuine straps from paneristi.com and a genuine box i got for free from a pawn shop owning friend of mine. not an authentic panerai but good enough for me. total cost: nearly 600 bucks (including straps and labour).

I really want this watch. I will never have it.

p11157927_ph_hero.jpg

I've always wanted that watch. I don't care if it's a fashion watch, it just costs too much. :mad:

do you always leave your stopwatch running? if so that must kill your reserve. but wait, the subdial times dont quite add up.....

subdial spacing is like that of the older, Zenith based daytona, yet the running seconds aren't at 9 o'clock where they should be.

the dial is poorly done.

i'm guessing a canal st $20 pos.

get a better one here:

http://perfect-clones.com/rlds10003-white-dial-asia-7750-running-secs-2005-model-p-749.html

believe me, its worth every penny.

Ouch! :eek:

whenever i have to wear a watch i use a wenger compass watch...looks are eh but having a compass often proves useful when traveling...

wenger_10332.jpg

generally i dislike watches but i love skeleton watches...

this one is my favorite ever...i dont even know if i would want to own it, i would just want to be able to stare at it at my leisure.

vacheron constantin grand complication skeleton perpetual calendar:

p_43032.jpg

josh is the owner of that domain. he is perfectly trustworthy. i've probably spent a couple G's already ordering from him. Good quality too, but this depends on the model. you can pay via paypal or western union and you will get your item within a week. best luck!

Checked out perfect clones website. Watches look pretty close to the real thing, then again you never can completely tell from pics. I'm leaning towards purchasing a watch (or 5) from here but haven't quite convinced myself of getting over the stigma of buying a "fake" watch. I told myself that I would always buy authentic but then I ask myself "how long will it be before I would pay $50,000 for a tourbillion when I can buy a replica for $500?" Seems like watches from perfect-clones actually uses legit ETA, valjoux, and lemania movements, sapphire crystals, etc. What do you guys think? Worth it to pay for a replica or hold out for another 20 years for the real thing?

• 7 months later...

Watch guys I need your help!

I am debating between the following watches and wanted to know your oppinion. They are all very different, but so cool in thier own way.

Cartier Roadster, Ulysse Nardin 1846, or the Franck Muller Casablanca

^^ why is this watch 30 grand? (pardon my ignorance, i know nothing about watches)

also, GQ has a pretty awesome article on buying watches of this calibre (in the Steven Colbert issue)...might be worth a look

My grandad gave me a vintage omega and a vintage rolex for my graduation present. It's on its way from korea right now, i'll take pics when I get em. You can be damn sure I'll treasure them....he was just diagnosed with prostate cancer...:(