lets talk watches

poopie boy

Like the Mondaine with black face few posts up, what's it called?

Any comments on these two and their differences/quality better than the other? I like the simple aesthetics and looking to spend relatively low for my first watch.

Seiko

http://www.chronograph.com/store/mli_viewItem.asp?idproduct=385

Citizen

http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-Eco-Drive-Canvas-Strap-BM8180-03E/dp/B000EQS1JW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Appreciate it

so in march is my birthday and i would like to treat myself to a new watch. i'm a student so i'm looking at the 100-200€ bracket.

i'm looking for a watch with a military feel, something with a nylon strap. should be easy to read(!), black bezel, white hands and details, date is optional, not a chronograph, i already have a Fossil Speedway with a metal band.

what i've come up with are the following models, but if someone has a good idea or some input it would be much apprechiated. i know some of these aren't available in germany and that i would have to have them proxied or something like that. anyways here goes

Seiko SNDA65 ok i know this is a chronograph but this is what originally inspired/interesed me

AAAAC3C44ecAAAAAAFIIbg.jpg

Seiko SNK809K2

41AeQXdjXIL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Seiko SNX427K2

SNX427K2.jpg

Hamilton Khaki

H68481933.jpg

Vostok K-43 i really really like this, but i fear that what is available are just fakes

k43desc.jpg

basically all these watches look alike and from what i could gather cost between 100 and 200€. if anyone of you has another idea or thoughts on each separate model i would appreciate some input

so in march is my birthday and i would like to treat myself to a new watch. i'm a student so i'm looking at the 100-200€ bracket.

i'm looking for a watch with a military feel, something with a nylon strap. should be easy to read(!), black bezel, white hands and details, date is optional, not a chronograph, i already have a Fossil Speedway with a metal band.

what i've come up with are the following models, but if someone has a good idea or some input it would be much apprechiated. i know some of these aren't available in germany and that i would have to have them proxied or something like that. anyways here goes

Vostok K-43 i really really like this, but i fear that what is available are just fakes

If you really like the vostok, can get it here

http://www.rugift.com/watches/retro-kirovskie-k43-watch-2416164-540889-22.htm

also if you are inspired by the SNDA65, how about the SNZG15J

Seiko5SNZG15J_s.jpg

get that or this SRP031

srp031_s.jpg?w=600

^ i have the black nickel coated bezel version of the SPR031, and when worn, the face is so big that you don't really notice the crown guard. the crown is also black coated so between the black bezel and black crown, there isn't as much contrast to highlight the resin crownguard. i think it's just more noticeable on that particular model because of the silver/black shiny/matte contrast of materials.

but with that said, i really like mine for under 200 B)

superbev, i would avoid ebay watches with movements in unknown shape. the cost of servicing could be astronomical. worse, you may have a 'frankenwatch' on your hands pieced together from a bunch of watches. At a minimum, get the serial# from the movement and enter it here:

http://www.trusted-forwarder.org/elgin/databases/elgin_sn_intro.html