lets talk watches

poopie boy

thought I'd break it up with some old school...

here's my great grandfathers Waltham Pocket watch!

MVC-689S.jpg

I put more pics on my blog is you like this sort of thing...

• 2 weeks later...
Im looking for a classic, simple looking watch. While my budget isnt much at all, just browsing through this thread these caught my eye.

TissotLeLocle1.jpg

r1068301.jpg

Any suggestions?

And what might be a good site to check out for this sort of thing?

Thanks a lot

EDIT:

Well, Ive kept looking at it appears to me that im looking for something on the vintage side.

And because of this im guessing things would be much cheaper, granted I dont set my eye on some collectors item of sorts.

What brands would be good to look into quality wise?

this is a total off topic question, but where can i fine bracelet like those two? i am looking for very similar beads and braids kinda things with some touch of silver, thanks!

Thoughts on these? I'd rather get a U-boat but these are a fraction of the cost and they still look like good quality. Haven't seen one in person though so anybody actually held one?

thumbnail.jpg

That's exactly what it looks like to me as well, and I wouldn't buy a Tsovet for that same reason. It's something akin to buying this:

DPMHI-officine-watch_5A28DD44.jpg

When you know the real deal is this:

350L.%20M.%20M.%20Fi.jpg

I'm more a traditionalist when it comes to watches. The Daytona, GMT, Sub, speedmaster, most of IWC...

That one is a little to showy for me. For me, everything on the watch should have a purpose.

Those screws on the front are just for show and the two tone is distracting to my eyes. Plus black on a watch always wears way showing the metal underneath. I'd rather it be a different metal than just black covered metal. As in a gold/stainless two tone. Even with wear it looks the same.

My dream watches would be a lovely older Speedmaster, Daytona Black face in SS, GMT master with the Pepsi dial, IWC Chrono's from about 10 years ago, any IWC Mark, a Zenith Rainbow Chrono, plus a host of others.

I'm not a fan of the Tag Heuer's, though I'd take a monaco, And I don't understand the appeal of any Panerai's, or over large just to be large watches.

But that's just my opinion...