lets talk watches

poopie boy

Guest Montreal
uy, what isn't going on on that one.

Functions: display of hours, minutes, seconds, day & date,

Rotating bezel with diving scale Calibre: Edox 83 (based on ETA 2834-2) Frequency Jewels: 28,800 A/h, 25 jewels,

Movement height: 5.05 mm, movement diameter: 29.00 mm, power reserve: 42 h,

Case diameter: 44.50 mm

Case: corrosion-resistant, superior-quality titanium, polished in parts.

Screw-down case back with engraved propeller.

Water-resistant to 500 m.

Equipped with a helium valve for use in diving bells.

Dial/hands: Hand-finished with raised indices.

Hour and minute hands partially coated with Superluminova.

Glass: 2.8 mm thick sapphire glass, internally coated, extremely scratch-resistant.

Strap: Genuine vulcanized Rubber strap.

Hand-polished Edox titanium folding clasp.

That Seiko that was just posted is super classic, i'd definitely get it just to add to a collection.

I'm saving up for a Seiko Grand right now but it seems with every trip to Japan every couple of months the prices are going up.. The prices are almost at a level where it doesn't make sense to spend that much on a SG..

That Seiko that was just posted is super classic, i'd definitely get it just to add to a collection.

I'm saving up for a Seiko Grand right now but it seems with every trip to Japan every couple of months the prices are going up.. The prices are almost at a level where it doesn't make sense to spend that much on a SG..

Theres some decent deals for the seiko spirits on ebay using the live.com 30% cash back for buy it nows.

I wish that jackass broomroom was right about the yen weakening. 92.7 yen = 1 dollar right now. =(

I don't think anyone has mentioned Piaget yet? I've been fiending over this Altiplano for quite a while now, it looks like a great minimalistic watch.

piagetaltiplanog0a29112pk8.jpg

It seems like too much of a formal/blacktie watch for everyday wear. Though i like the design, i would favor something a bit more durable or that can at least take a beating.

Maybe something like this IWC but with a white dial:

jomashop_2027_96668783

It seems like too much of a formal/blacktie watch for everyday wear. Though i like the design, i would favor something a bit more durable or that can at least take a beating.

Maybe something like this IWC but with a white dial:

jomashop_2027_96668783

yeah, also the more i look at it the more the writing/font/typesetting on the piaget piss me off

the breguet i posted on the same page is still fantastic though i think

shame that it commends a price even my dad would think twice about

• 3 weeks later...
i really don't like the white faced iwc mark xv or xvi, esp for dress occasions. the pilot watch style isn't at all formal if that's what you meant. and the spitfires are dogshit too. the black faced are perfect for everyday, but def not formal.

Well i didnt think prof wanted the piaget as a formal watch since hes young. I think that iwc is simple enough to look good with raf and what he wears but it can still take a beating. I agree tho, not at all good for formalwear.