lets talk watches

poopie boy

thus thats what i said in the title "toy watch".

i wear it to trash it around when i go clubbing. because my other watches will get scratches and dings if i were to wear it to club.

i like the idea of a black watch thats scratch resistant, when panerai and AP only makes PVD ones that are more delicate.

and its a chick magnet. since girls wanna kop dis after they got them 2.55 bags.

dont worry, i was anti designers watch too. but as i said its a toy watch. thats fun to wear, just like swatch watches. i think ima get a white one too.

dont worry, i was anti designers watch too. but as i said its a toy watch. thats fun to wear, just like swatch watches. i think ima get a white one too.

the swatch group be no joke man. 25% market share and got names such as Breguet, Blancpain, Omega, Tissot, Hamilton and others under its arm.

as for the j-12 in white, a definite NO.

I'd put it out of my head as its a fashion brand watch, and I get the arguments against them, but I saw a pic again of the black Dior watch this morning, and there is something about it that still appeals, regardless of the brand. It just looks great.

So i'm not toying with the idea of getting one of those.

Is it going to last me or should I forget it?

thank you for sharing that with us, captain obvious.

but im not talking bout swatch as a group. im talking bout the coloful swatch watches.

j12 in white screamz "this kud be urs, sweetie~''

the swatch group be no joke man. 25% market share and got names such as Breguet, Blancpain, Omega, Tissot, Hamilton and others under its arm.

as for the j-12 in white, a definite NO.

ken, i usually agree with you, but that watch and your description make me cringe. how much could a chanel watch be? 6k? small beans compared to real watch brands dood. fashion brand watches annoy me, from chanel and D&G to kenneth cole. I've never seen one I like. and chick magnet? maybe 17 year old CWGs, but anyone else knows that they're overpriced garbage. wear that shit with an ed hardy tee and desiels. and those same dumb bitches can recognize a rolex and that'll get them wet just as easily. waste of money. especially considering what $6,000 can get you.

sorry for my watch-snob bitchiness. rant over.

some of the J12s hit 300k. No CWGs, ken wants JOL from a wealthy family. If I was single with too much money I'd prob get a black diamond J12 to wear to gokon.

if u have to ask, u cant afford it.

sorry for being a total dick.:P

kop em at ebay for cheapz mang.

that's stupid - i didn't know how much my platinum Rolex Yachmaster cost before i bought it . . .

jk, i don't have a Yachtmaster but i do have a GMT Master i bought with my quarter bonus and i thought they were around 2k before i bought mine.

just because people don't know about the finer things or look like they have money doesn't mean they don't have the money, trust me . . .

i'd be careful with fakes and ebay - i've handled extremely good fake rolexes, that you can't tell are fake till you open em up.

I'm just going to go ahead and straight-up jocl Sidney on the transparent watch front. That Skull watch he has is too good. I can't stop thinking about it and I sort of actually need a watch finally.

captureri0.th.jpg

I'm thinking.

The only problem with transparent watches is that they start to yellow over time, like the soles on Air Jordans. Looks horrible...

for 6k the best bet is that rolex sub, that shit is super steezy even with rolex making a mil of these puppy dogs a year (prob a lot less, but there is a shitload out there). it uses 904l steel while everyone else is using 316l or less. it has rolex movement, when dudes are using basterized valjoux. i use to be a hater, but i think that's the next cop for sure.

i agree with this entirely. on a regimental striped nato strap too. i love the idea that people will assume it is a fake. that really does it for me.

thank you for sharing that with us, captain obvious.

but im not talking bout swatch as a group. im talking bout the coloful swatch watches.

j12 in white screamz "this kud be urs, sweetie~''

idk - i just see too many business girls sporting that white j-12 so seeing a guy wearing that causes a slight reaction from me.

and as for that vintage breitling, its ugly.

yeha, it's a little bit of both, but you're right. if it wasn't so square i'd buy it. oh well, save the cash for the ever-illusive navitimer 806... i've been looking for an good all-original one for months and haven't had any luck (which is probably why i'm getting antsy and wanting to buy ugly shit)

you're right, the early versions had a Valjoux 72 or a Venus 178 (people disagree which they used first). at first, i was looking only for a val72, but i gave up on that about 6 months ago, now i'm just looking for version 1 or 2 - either movement, as long as it has black subdials and a beads of rice bezel.

grail.

when mulaz aint an issue, u don need to know how much...if u like, u just buy. geddit?

damn nigga u clearly don have street cred..

what? . . . no, i just try not to box all people with money into a certain stereotype.

i know several old money types that you would never guess have multiple homes and drive amazing cars and yadda yadda.

. . . and actually i grew up in inner city houston, had a clear back pack, and went through metal detectors every day in high school - and i've stabbed a guy for taking my bus money, just kidding - but the rest is true.

-----

back to watches . . . on my shopping list or more like dream list . . .

IWC Portuguese & Mark IV

Max Bill Chronoscope by Junghans (white face)

Cartier Santos Galbee (sold mine off for the GMT Master)

Cartier Tank Americaine

Rolex Date (not Datejust)

Marina Militaire (doesn't necessarily have to be a Panerai)

yeah, this is more like a dream list. stupid mortgage . . .

Good ole Patek Philppe Calatrava, 52 baguette diamonds (~2.27 ct.) and with one diamond (~0.02 ct.)

Buckle set with 16 baguette diamonds (~0.44 ct.) all day. The leader and most oldest watch maker ever. Step it up!

back to watches . . . on my shopping list or more like dream list . . .

great idea, i'll play. more of a shopping list, because none of them are crazy expensive, just stuff I want. although the turn-o-graph will probably have to wait for a good long while.

Breitling Navitimer with black subdials

Breitling Cosmonaut gold

viet nam era Glycine Airman

IWC Portuguese

IWC Mark XI

IWC Mark X

Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Memovox

O&W Caribbean 1000

Rolex Turn-O-Graph

Rolex Oyster Perpetual (white face, milled bezel)

Rolex 50th Anniversary Submariner

If I had bigger wrists, the list would be a lot longer. But I can't swing anything bigger than 40mm.

I know it's not a super luxury brand, but what do you guys think of Invicta?

hate it more than fashion brands. all they do it rip off popular rolexs, tags, omegas, other watch companies' popular models. if you want something that looks like a daytona, might as well spend a little less and get a AAA fake. it'll probably have the same movement as the invicta. and then you have a chance of ppl thinking its real. and if you want a quality watch, spend the same money on a hamilton or seiko. hate. hate. hate.