RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

When I was in Austin, TX a few weeks aog I stopped into a men's clothing shop that carries RRL ( @Broark knows the shop). All of the stuff, mainly shirts and a couple jackets I think, looked pretty good. It was all made in India and shirt prices were $225+. There's no way in hell I'd pay that much for a Made in India shirt that prolly costs about $10-$15 to make there - and that's a lot - and then a HUGE mark-up to put the RRL name/logo on it. There's also a RL flagship store in Aspen, and it is a really cool store. But same thing - made overseas products with a HUGE mark-up. It's thanks to SuFu and the great members here that I'm now more educated about what real quality is. I've never been into brand imagery and hype, as alluring as RRL is. 

Saying all that, I do have a pair of Ralph Lauren English made wingtip boots I picked up at the Vail store nearly 20 years ago at the end of the season sale, that are really sweet. 

2 hours ago, mpukas said:

When I was in Austin, TX a few weeks aog I stopped into a men's clothing shop that carries RRL ( @Broark knows the shop). All of the stuff, mainly shirts and a couple jackets I think, looked pretty good. It was all made in India and shirt prices were $225+. There's no way in hell I'd pay that much for a Made in India shirt that prolly costs about $10-$15 to make there - and that's a lot - and then a HUGE mark-up to put the RRL name/logo on it. There's also a RL flagship store in Aspen, and it is a really cool store. But same thing - made overseas products with a HUGE mark-up. It's thanks to SuFu and the great members here that I'm now more educated about what real quality is. I've never been into brand imagery and hype, as alluring as RRL is. 

Saying all that, I do have a pair of Ralph Lauren English made wingtip boots I picked up at the Vail store nearly 20 years ago at the end of the season sale, that are really sweet. 

Those shoes are probably made by Edward Green. I believe they've made shoes for Ralph Lauren in the past. Possibly John Lobb too, but I think it's Edward Green.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So it's just been a chore coat kinda week for me. I picked up this RRL herringbone coat marked down to 160 from 690 bucks, kinda insane.
I'm really happy with it considering I had been looking for something very similar made by RMC (can't remember the model but I don't think it's currently in production anymore) and this was a fraction of the cost.
Prefect weight for the temps around these parts, fits well too.
gdLXbMj.jpg
nIrAWb4.jpg
DMmPPxR.jpg
p366c21.jpg
aZDEwr0.jpg
qDqDSE9.jpg
Kmm1Uwa.jpg
czevZb2.jpg

On 12/29/2018 at 12:04 PM, Broark said:

So it's just been a chore coat kinda week for me. I picked up this RRL herringbone coat marked down to 160 from 690 bucks, kinda insane.
I'm really happy with it considering I had been looking for something very similar made by RMC (can't remember the model but I don't think it's currently in production anymore) and this was a fraction of the cost.
Prefect weight for the temps around these parts, fits well too.
gdLXbMj.jpg
nIrAWb4.jpg
DMmPPxR.jpg
p366c21.jpg
aZDEwr0.jpg
qDqDSE9.jpg
Kmm1Uwa.jpg
czevZb2.jpg

Whats the measurement austin?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Old slim fit purchased rigid - great denim, but these don’t get much wear because of the fairly low rise. There is some naturally occurring fading on the back of the knee on these

48AB87D4-FA96-4CC5-B712-FA6F1A3D7DC6.jpeg

ECA78DCA-31AB-48EC-AF5C-68B8C7A491C7.jpeg

5036E2A1-3FFB-45AB-8EAC-2EF5378288F8.jpeg

C1D7C37A-C145-4A72-96D6-A27BE80BCEE5.jpeg

23AE6F3E-111F-4A11-8383-9AFEE4EB9CB7.jpeg

638935E8-5E74-4E5C-9178-FFC7F784FBBD.jpeg

62D8C795-9FC1-4FB5-AF87-596A2F32E96D.jpeg

Picked up the blue suede teddy bear, for my toddler daughter (but also kinda for me).  Mine didn't ship with the custom box so RL customer support gave me a $75 partial refund off of $240.  At $165 its merely an expensive teddy bear, rather than an outrageously priced teddy bear.  :)  Kinda like it, so does the kid.  FYI on a fringe RRL item.

IMG_0379.jpeg

IMG_0381.jpeg

IMG_0383.jpeg

IMG_0384.jpeg

IMG_0385.jpeg

Edited by xiaobenben

• 2 months later...

Wanted to contribute to this dead tread. I went back and i saw the stuff the about the bad business practice of ralph laruen, shits crazy lol, but what can you really expect from such big brand.

back to the denim tho

worn most days since July 1 no wash no soak unless you count sweat as a soaking agent.

rrlsept1.JPG

rrlsept2.JPG

rrlsept4.JPG

rrlsept6.JPG

rrlsept5.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i really really wanted to wash them but my now Fiance:biggrin: said i should wait soooo....

i took some evo pic instead.

started in July, did a warm soak with bonners in back October.

rrl03213.JPG

rrl0321.JPG

rrl03214.JPG

rrl03212.JPG

rrl03215.JPG

Edited by sir_tron
grammer

• 5 weeks later...