Jump to content
narin

RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

Recommended Posts

When I was in Austin, TX a few weeks aog I stopped into a men's clothing shop that carries RRL ( @Broark knows the shop). All of the stuff, mainly shirts and a couple jackets I think, looked pretty good. It was all made in India and shirt prices were $225+. There's no way in hell I'd pay that much for a Made in India shirt that prolly costs about $10-$15 to make there - and that's a lot - and then a HUGE mark-up to put the RRL name/logo on it. There's also a RL flagship store in Aspen, and it is a really cool store. But same thing - made overseas products with a HUGE mark-up. It's thanks to SuFu and the great members here that I'm now more educated about what real quality is. I've never been into brand imagery and hype, as alluring as RRL is. 

Saying all that, I do have a pair of Ralph Lauren English made wingtip boots I picked up at the Vail store nearly 20 years ago at the end of the season sale, that are really sweet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same store had a 250 dollar bandana on display too, no idea where it’s made though. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mpukas said:

When I was in Austin, TX a few weeks aog I stopped into a men's clothing shop that carries RRL ( @Broark knows the shop). All of the stuff, mainly shirts and a couple jackets I think, looked pretty good. It was all made in India and shirt prices were $225+. There's no way in hell I'd pay that much for a Made in India shirt that prolly costs about $10-$15 to make there - and that's a lot - and then a HUGE mark-up to put the RRL name/logo on it. There's also a RL flagship store in Aspen, and it is a really cool store. But same thing - made overseas products with a HUGE mark-up. It's thanks to SuFu and the great members here that I'm now more educated about what real quality is. I've never been into brand imagery and hype, as alluring as RRL is. 

Saying all that, I do have a pair of Ralph Lauren English made wingtip boots I picked up at the Vail store nearly 20 years ago at the end of the season sale, that are really sweet. 

Those shoes are probably made by Edward Green. I believe they've made shoes for Ralph Lauren in the past. Possibly John Lobb too, but I think it's Edward Green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Broark said:

The same store had a 250 dollar bandana on display too, no idea where it’s made though. :D

Probably manufactured cheaply in some bandana republic :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2018 at 2:29 AM, engine said:

RЯL slim fit after about 5 years of irregular wearing

DSCF3544.jpg

DSCF3557.jpg

DSCF3564.jpg

DSCF3572.jpg

DSCF3600.jpg

DSCF3585.jpg

DSCF3680.jpg

Nice blue color!

i'm curios about the belt too... what brand is it? where can i get it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.11.2018 at 2:34 PM, superheavent said:

i'm curios about the belt too... what brand is it? where can i get it

I am the manufacturer of this belt. It is made of oak bark bridle leather by J.&F.J. Baker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it's just been a chore coat kinda week for me. I picked up this RRL herringbone coat marked down to 160 from 690 bucks, kinda insane.
I'm really happy with it considering I had been looking for something very similar made by RMC (can't remember the model but I don't think it's currently in production anymore) and this was a fraction of the cost.
Prefect weight for the temps around these parts, fits well too.
gdLXbMj.jpg
nIrAWb4.jpg
DMmPPxR.jpg
p366c21.jpg
aZDEwr0.jpg
qDqDSE9.jpg
Kmm1Uwa.jpg
czevZb2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Broark really good looking jacket and great fit... you're a top chore finder!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2018 at 12:04 PM, Broark said:

So it's just been a chore coat kinda week for me. I picked up this RRL herringbone coat marked down to 160 from 690 bucks, kinda insane.
I'm really happy with it considering I had been looking for something very similar made by RMC (can't remember the model but I don't think it's currently in production anymore) and this was a fraction of the cost.
Prefect weight for the temps around these parts, fits well too.
gdLXbMj.jpg
nIrAWb4.jpg
DMmPPxR.jpg
p366c21.jpg
aZDEwr0.jpg
qDqDSE9.jpg
Kmm1Uwa.jpg
czevZb2.jpg

Whats the measurement austin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll get you some measurements when I get back in town Ed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@edmond here are the measurements, I'm going to give it a quick wash and dry in hopes it shrinks a little.
Fits nicely over a sweatshirt but kinda big over lightweight garments.
Chest: 25 in.
Sleeves: 25 in.
Length: 30 in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks bro so these are a large?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah they come up a bit big. Mine is in the wash now so I can let you know how it shrinks up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some post wash/dry fit pics.
Slimmed up just a tad, still fits nicely. Wish the sleeves were maybe half an inch longer.
A8czKvd.jpg
jpAYQBt.jpg
JH6YfyA.jpg
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks spot on mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Stripes (Shirt and Pants are RRL)

WDcW6Yf.jpg

TH91wuS.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sexlexcia said:

f7acL0W.jpg?1YTN7Rk9.jpg

I have this piece myself, been looking to get it framed but it's going to cost a fortune for something that big

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just got some slim fit rigid 33x34

IMG_0243 (2).JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

added some more photos also took them to get hemmed, got the longer inseam

solely for the extra denim for future repairs

pics

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old slim fit purchased rigid - great denim, but these don’t get much wear because of the fairly low rise. There is some naturally occurring fading on the back of the knee on these

48AB87D4-FA96-4CC5-B712-FA6F1A3D7DC6.jpeg

ECA78DCA-31AB-48EC-AF5C-68B8C7A491C7.jpeg

5036E2A1-3FFB-45AB-8EAC-2EF5378288F8.jpeg

C1D7C37A-C145-4A72-96D6-A27BE80BCEE5.jpeg

23AE6F3E-111F-4A11-8383-9AFEE4EB9CB7.jpeg

638935E8-5E74-4E5C-9178-FFC7F784FBBD.jpeg

62D8C795-9FC1-4FB5-AF87-596A2F32E96D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up the blue suede teddy bear, for my toddler daughter (but also kinda for me).  Mine didn't ship with the custom box so RL customer support gave me a $75 partial refund off of $240.  At $165 its merely an expensive teddy bear, rather than an outrageously priced teddy bear.  :)  Kinda like it, so does the kid.  FYI on a fringe RRL item.

 

 

IMG_0379.jpeg

IMG_0381.jpeg

IMG_0383.jpeg

IMG_0384.jpeg

IMG_0385.jpeg

Edited by xiaobenben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to contribute to this dead tread. I went back and i saw the stuff the about the bad business practice of ralph laruen, shits crazy lol, but what can you really expect from such big brand.

back to the denim tho

worn most days since July 1 no wash no soak unless you count sweat as a soaking agent.

rrlsept1.JPG

rrlsept2.JPG

rrlsept4.JPG

rrlsept6.JPG

rrlsept5.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i really really wanted to wash them but my now Fiance:biggrin: said i should wait soooo....

i took some evo pic instead.

 started in July, did a warm soak with bonners in back October.

rrl03213.JPG

rrl0321.JPG

rrl03214.JPG

rrl03212.JPG

rrl03215.JPG

Edited by sir_tron
grammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

would like to pick up some RRL raw denim, but it seems like they're sold out everywhere? anyone know a place that still has stock or did they stop producing them?

Edited by mr.invincible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now