RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

What he probably was referring to was the various generations that RRL has gone through. In this case he makes a good point as things with RRL tend to be cyclical. However in this case I think the cycle just started about a year ago so some time may pass before we see major changes, especially if profitability ticks up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Kind of risky, but if anyone's looking for some slim straight looking RRL jeans, The Buffalo Exchange across the street from Self Edge LA, had a pair in size 30 for $70. My friend got a pair in size 34 for $65 today...practically unworn/brand new.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Need help identifying RRL brown duck/canvas pants with cinch back. What is the article named? I saw a lot of pictures coming from several japanese websites via google image but cant seem to find it elsewhere..

thanks!

I think you're talking about the Clyde pants.

@indigoeagle - thank you!

Just got back from holiday trip to Hongkong. Made a quick visit to RRL shop there. Cop myself these. Unfortunately the clyde pants were not in stock.

XLdZX7n.jpg

Got a pack of postcards

NnFOBKT.jpg

Some pictures of the store

y7sfZlZ.jpg

SuBTVO2.jpg

MbfdNM9.jpg

oksEGp8.jpg

G4N4FrS.jpg

UoQjQsy.jpg

kUBDxv2.jpg

Some freebies instore - cinnamon cake and lemonade

UPLGpM7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I only have 2 shirts but they are both China.

The jeans are U.S.A. w/ Japanese denim.

Just tried my Slims on again after 2 years of not wearing them. Reminded of why a 10" rise is awkward but they still fit pretty good.

Never got pics of them, I should.

The denim is very soft and interesting. I would describe it as geometric. A lot of vertical and horizontal character with tiny little hatches on the diagonals.

Edited by givemefive

RRL Slim Raw Indigo. Plain back pockets 32x34. measure 17" across 10" rise 34.5" inseam

Some of the finest details seen on a mass produced jean. At only $220 these were a great deal.

Can kind of see what I'm talking about. This nice horizontal and vertical texture with a lot of small diagonal patterning

DSC03060.jpg

Front rise is really low for me so not anything crazy here. A few nice lines. Really like that the front pockets are useable. Rare for a slim jean. Very durable jean due to the full poly stitching.

DSC03061.jpg

Tucked belt loops. The rivets are interesting A little cotton poking through, the ones on the outer part of the pocket are losing their coating.

DSC03062.jpg

Hidden rivet and yoke done correctly. Two things that can bother me about the construction if not.

DSC03063.jpg

Pockets are avg. size for a slim jean. Nice and wide though so easy to put one's hand in. The back loop is offset a bit. The pockets have a little fancy stitching. Dark grey bar tack leaves the jean looking elegant. Only flaw on the entire jean is the bit of overlap on the pockets towards the bottom Especially the left one.

DSC03064.jpg

Someone said in The Flat Head thread that the raised back pocket was unique. Well it pops up here too. Gives the pocket a nice look.

DSC03065.jpg

Combs came out pretty well. A little bit of cracking but nothing too destructive.

DSC03066.jpg

Edited by givemefive

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just put a pair of RRL Low Straight Japanese Selvedge in the Market...Size 28x34 (measures 29w and will stretch to a 30w for sure) Made in the USA. The fabric is beautiful but I have to downsize to make room for some more heavy weight exotic stuff.

• 2 years later...

Just a question about RRL and their business practices, quality, etc. I read a scuffle recently between an online retailer (snake oil provisions) and an instagram follower - the user claiming that RRL engaged in poor business practices and opaque transparency on where they source labor. fabrics, etc.

Does anyone know more about this? Google and searching this thread hasn't offered very much evidence of this. I just want to know if RRL is a brand I should be supporting and purchasing from.

It's mostly about how RRL is made in China, etc. vs. USA/Japan/Europe for other SOP brands. SOP doesn't appear to be exactly straightforward about where RRL comes from. I love RRL stuff and think it's great quality, so it's not a big deal for me, but it might be to others.

2 hours ago, stitchrite said:

Just a question about RRL and their business practices, quality, etc. I read a scuffle recently between an online retailer (snake oil provisions) and an instagram follower - the user claiming that RRL engaged in poor business practices and opaque transparency on where they source labor. fabrics, etc.

Does anyone know more about this? Google and searching this thread hasn't offered very much evidence of this. I just want to know if RRL is a brand I should be supporting and purchasing from.

Ralph Lauren, including RRL does indeed engage in poor business practices. Ralph Lauren actually has a terrible track record for ethical means of production. There are some products from them made in USA, but most of it is outsourced.

Snake Oil not only is not straightforward about RRL's production, they clearly show no care for the integrity products are made with, something many feel is important in this type of clothing. Snake Oil also handled that situation extremely poorly with conduct completely reprehensible for a store. Personally, Snake Oil will never get any more of my business, despite how close I live to the store (I have shopped there before). 

No, I personally do not think that RRL is a brand that should be supported or purchased from.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

RRL makes some cool stuff, particularly some of their seasonal denim jackets are nice.
But the aforementioned questionable ethical business practices lead me away from their products.
Plus their shit almost always goes on super sale. I got a couple tees that retailed for over 100 bucks each for like 19 dollars a pop.
I don't like the way Snake Oil handled the situation, they're just defending their business so I get it.
But bringing more attention to the issue and calling the dude out and lambasting him all over their social media for a day is childish if you ask me.
Won't be getting an of my business anytime soon that's for sure. 

Good to know. I won't be supporting RRL in the future with skepticism towards their ethics. I'm still wondering if there is documentation of their clothing production, especially the stuff that boasts American heritage. Perhaps it's a purposeful lack of transparency.