RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

The one I have is from the current season and it's really great.

Skinny but not super-skinny in the thighs. Tapers a lot under the knees.

Perfect pair. A+

Yeah, right. No offense. But did you bother to read my post before you quote bits of it to act superior? What did my opening para say?

"I am thoroughly disgusted at RRL, and myself for buying them. Long
BEFORE
I had read about the whacked out sizing, I had order three pair of raw, Japan-made, boot cut jeans from the Internet. Because I’m really out in the boondocks, some purchases takes months to show up. Like months and months."

I even capitalized the "BEFORE" because I knew someone like you would be lurking. If you get the ones properly constructed, I've always said they are fantastic and great value. BUT, they also released a lot that were badly constructed. Not just mis-labeled. These are badly constructed. And, it was a whole batch of them.

SO. No offense, but read the thread yourself before you put on your airs.

hey20blow20meoa8.jpg

Excellent. And I'm assuming that you didn't wash them yet right? (meaning that this mysterious change in fading didn't happen after a wash)

That'd be correct. I'm actually pretty anxious to get it good and over with to be honest but figure if I've been patient this far...

Screw that whodini .. Dry clean 1st time .. Then wear them another 6 and then wash right side out by hand with Bronner's ..

No way, bro. I'm not trying to keep these suckers dark, that's what my rb15s are for. Plus, I want the personal satisfaction of washing them myself. Nothing artificial: just plain old-fashion soap and water.

I think Blake (the store in Portland?) is going to carry the new RRL line. The guy that runs the place just posted one or two pages back saying that he was going to NYC to meet w/ people from RRL and he was going to post details of the new denim line here. You can try pm'ing him to see when he'll get the jeans in...just check one or two pages back for the user name 'blake'

Um whodini - the freaks come out at night man hut hut hut hut !!!

nah seriously thats the whole point of me saying to dry clean your first time .. to keep them dark and retain as much of the stiffness as possible and not shift indigo BACK INTO the wear areas YET ...

ya dig ?

They are making RRL's available in some of the regular polo stores. They have begun to carve out some specific sections in some select stores. In addition to that, they are going to give product to about 10 specialty retailers in late spring. Originally the product was going to be available early spring, but we are probably going to get in in June at this point. I will have more info next week when I go see the collection in NYC. we will have it in the store and I am not sure what the online rules will be yet. If you have specific questions, Please e-mail me and I will do my best to get the answers.

Um whodini - the freaks come out at night man hut hut hut hut !!!

nah seriously thats the whole point of me saying to dry clean your first time .. to keep them dark and retain as much of the stiffness as possible and not shift indigo BACK INTO the wear areas YET ...

ya dig ?

This is MY project pair and I'll be damn if some pinko commie dry cleaners will have their way with her.

Like I said, I have no interest in preserving the indigo. Reason being that I'm close to getting rid of all my old pre-washed jeans and want this to be the "lighter" pair in my rotation. Plus, I've got another fresh pair of RRL bootcuts in case shit hits the fan but seeing as how most people wash them without caring I think I'll be ok.

But pamper your baby all you want.

They are making RRL's available in some of the regular polo stores. They have begun to carve out some specific sections in some select stores. In addition to that, they are going to give product to about 10 specialty retailers in late spring. Originally the product was going to be available early spring, but we are probably going to get in in June at this point. I will have more info next week when I go see the collection in NYC. we will have it in the store and I am not sure what the online rules will be yet. If you have specific questions, Please e-mail me and I will do my best to get the answers.

How long has your store been around? I lived over on Irving and 23rd for a few months two years ago and don't remember seeing the store. Then again, it might have been because of all the happy hours at Laurelwood.

How long has your store been around? I lived over on Irving and 23rd for a few months two years ago and don't remember seeing the store. Then again, it might have been because of all the happy hours at Laurelwood.

three and a half years. we are on the corner of 23rd and Johnson

i just got back from the RL store and tried on this season's RRLs....they felt great and fit me very well, except the waist was a little loose in relation to the thighs...........the inseam was marked 34, but they were probably 36" or so..... after trying em on i'm real tempted

How much were they running?

okay whodini be smart mouthed fucker - they are YOUR pair of jeans .. . I was just saying ....

but rrl - and I don't care if you wear them EVERY day TO WORK In .. they are not gonna fade at 6 months maybe 1 month worth of other jeans .. RRL indigo is like bulletproof dude .. I watched my buddy I talked into buying a pair work CONSTRUCTION in his and after 3.5 months they are BARELY getting a dent in them and they fit his skinny ass TIGHT like proper so that I KNOW they would be fading with wear on whiskers and combs by now but they havent .. I even suggested he do a quick soak to see how it goes then hurried up and retracted my comment and though about it and told him respectively wait if you dont mind .. So at 6 months the rate his jeans are going they will just be beginning to show actual contrast and indigo shift .. seriously man .. yea theyre yours do what you want but if you want DECENT results don't put um in water at all unless your honeycombs ARE PURE WHITE almost and you see indigo shift - lots of darker blue areas IN the combs .. bet you dont .. you work construction ? you still wont much .. dammit

I was suggesting dry clean the 1st clean not to sound like I know what im talking about .. but with RRL I know thats the case ..

theyre gonna be ugly .. but whatever lets not say anything else about it then ..

respect your elders though n00b .. dont tell me " stfu they are my jeans "

where the hell did rep go minya so I can pull rank on this foo

okay whodini be smart mouthed fucker - they are YOUR pair of jeans .. . I was just saying ....

but rrl - and I don't care if you wear them EVERY day TO WORK In .. they are not gonna fade at 6 months maybe 1 month worth of other jeans .. RRL indigo is like bulletproof dude .. I watched my buddy I talked into buying a pair work CONSTRUCTION in his and after 3.5 months they are BARELY getting a dent in them and they fit his skinny ass TIGHT like proper so that I KNOW they would be fading with wear on whiskers and combs by now but they havent .. I even suggested he do a quick soak to see how it goes then hurried up and retracted my comment and though about it and told him respectively wait if you dont mind .. So at 6 months the rate his jeans are going they will just be beginning to show actual contrast and indigo shift .. seriously man .. yea theyre yours do what you want but if you want DECENT results don't put um in water at all unless your honeycombs ARE PURE WHITE almost and you see indigo shift - lots of darker blue areas IN the combs .. bet you dont .. you work construction ? you still wont much .. dammit

I was suggesting dry clean the 1st clean not to sound like I know what im talking about .. but with RRL I know thats the case ..

theyre gonna be ugly .. but whatever lets not say anything else about it then ..

respect your elders though n00b .. dont tell me " stfu they are my jeans "

where the hell did rep go minya so I can pull rank on this foo

Christ, wanna wear my jeans, too?

Awesome. I'll be mailing you over your half of the matching bracelets to show off on WAYWT.

bff-bracelet.jpg

BTW, I hadn't realized how much they'd been fading until I looked at the 5 pocket today. There's a beatiful 1/4" gap in the folds that still holds the original color. Practically looks like it was filled in with a black sharpie.

Hot soak in 2 weeks.

....sorry about the late reply, but the new batches are running 185 $ at the RL store...

Thanks for updating. Guess not much has changed over the past few seasons as most sellers list that price as retail for even the older stuff (mine included).

• 2 weeks later...