RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

• 2 weeks later...

The new RRL Murdock Engineer Boots are available on their website:

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12552496&cp=11588650.12150042&ab=ln_men_cs3_shoes&parentPage=family

They look pretty nice and feature some great details:

1940s-inspired engineer boot expertly handmade in Texas of durable American grade-A, aniline-dyed, heavy steer hide leather.

Hand-fitted stacked vegetable-tanned leather heel.

Vintage dead-stock Cat's Paw heel cap and Vibram® half-sole.

Fully lined in premium cowhide.

Handmade leather toe box.

Bark-tanned leather outsole sewn with special waxed linen thread to resist rotting.

Custom-made antiqued brass bu(ckle)

Genuine bark-tanned, hand-cut leather insole removes moisture and forms naturally into a supportive footbed.

They cost 850.

pPOLO2-12116543_alternate2_v360x480.jpg

Wait... I thought Superdenim was about "Denim"? What's with all this Boot Talk?

Why not just start a Boot Topic, instead of posting in a topic about Denim?

Point is, I would like to see RRL Denim (jeans, jackets, etc..) and not some Leather Boots.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a pair of the oddly sized brown ones on eBay for a steal...could barely get the right foot on and actually mildly sprained my left foot getting it into the boot. That said, once they were on, there were actually loose in the foot area (vs. the shaft). Two things at play here...the shaft is tapered too much and the leather is too thick. Great, use whatever thickness you want on a lace up boot, but if the leather is too thick it will not stretch and allow your foot to pass by the heel cup and instep.

Mine are at a cobbler getting stretched right now...I'll be able to try them on tomorrow and see if they are going to fit better. If not, more stretching! BTW, I may dye mine black...I've done a few pairs for friends and so far they've turned out quite nicely.

First round of stretching didn't work as the cobbler stretched the instep and not the shaft. Waiting on the second round. The right boot fit when I tried them the other day. The left would not go on at all. Sorry, but these boots are what I would call "irregular" or "defective". Maybe that's why Julian was dropped? I'll just have to wait and see what happens after this round.

Steve they are working out really well thank you. Very comfortable with a gel sole in them. The struggle to get them off is subsiding with each wear and I understand the problems with the shaft. That said, there is no heel slippage at all for me which is always a bonus in engineers.

got to agree matt. they were almost impossible to get on when new as others mentioned on this thread.

mine are now just right and come on and off easy enough and no slipping either. mine got easier day by day. the first few weeks were a killer though.

i didn't have any of these issues with the studded ones.

I am wondering if the huge amount of heel slippage that I have will go away. I have had slight heel slippage in pull-on boots over the years (which is why I have longed for engineers), but not once did it ever go away completely, just became less once the soles broke in and started to flex.

When mine were new my foot would only just slide into them. it took some doing. They'd get stuck and i'd have to push and wiggle to get them on but they would always go on.

once on they were always fine. getting them off was impossible without a boot jack.

as big truck mentioned they got easier over time as they broke in. i still use a boot jack if one is handy but they will come off without one.

they're excellent boots if you can get over that difficult new stage. hope your's come back better matt.

illumin8em - you are wearing too big a boot (or the strap is too loose if this occurs).

deluxestyling - got em' back and they fit after the second stretching! f***k yes! Now, to decide whether I want to leave them brown

or dye them black? I think I'll leave em' brown for a while and then decide later one.

• 2 weeks later...

i didn't think they were made in brown this time

neither did I, but thats what they told me when I called the RRL store. I guess they are a brown 2-tone boot, only available in store.