RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

i'll take some more and post 'em up.

we worked out you're a 12 right? the seller i bought my brown ones from has size 12 studded for the same money. here they are if you haven't seen 'em...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Ralph-Lauren-RRL-Moto-Style-Black-Leather-Boots-12-/190636087306?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2c62cbd80a#ht_618wt_1110

i'll take some more and post 'em up.

we worked out you're a 12 right? the seller i bought my brown ones from has size 12 studded for the same money. here they are if you haven't seen 'em...

http://www.ebay.co.u...a#ht_618wt_1110

I just noticed this and wanted to give a heads up. My sizing on these was a different experience. My RCs are an 8, and they fit me well albeit maybe a bit snug. The RRl's I have are a 9 and they fit perfectly. So you may want to double check that you can return for size before you pull the trigger, as they may fit differently on your feet.

I just noticed this and wanted to give a heads up. My sizing on these was a different experience. My RCs are an 8, and they fit me well albeit maybe a bit snug. The RRl's I have are a 9 and they fit perfectly. So you may want to double check that you can return for size before you pull the trigger, as they may fit differently on your feet.

thanks ray. i think if i read you right we're on the same wavelength. i have both in a 12 and both fit good. big truck (after some pm's) decided to go for a 12 in whatever ones he buys as we have the same size feet.

No, I mean that the RRLs for me were way too snug in the same size as the RCs. My RC's were sized an 8, and they are perfect. When I tried the RRls in an 8 they were way too tight, like can't get my foot in there tight. But the 9s, were just right.

Could just be chalked up to differences in production runs, but just thought anyone pruchasing should be aware there have been some differences at least in some of the lower sizes.

when i bought my rrl's i was wearing size 11 rc's. the 11 rc's obviously fitted okay but i always wondered if my toes had quite enough room. so i asked the guy in the shop for an 11 in the rrl's. when i tried them on i couldn't even get my foot in. i'm used to tight engineers like rw 2268's but these weren't going to work. he brought out the 12's and they went on fine. i later went on to sell my 11 rc's and bought some 12's and they're a much better fit.

so i'd have to agree as i could wear an 11 rc but not an 11 rrl, having said that both in 12 fit good and i love 'em.

thanks again and well worth mentioning.

If anyone is interested I have a pair of brown RRL Engineers in 11 and a pair of black ones (non studded) in 11 and 12. All unworn. I havent gotten around to listing them on ebay yet.

Also these are the last of the Julian version of the Engineers for RRL, they switched to UK made for this year

when i bought my rrl's i was wearing size 11 rc's. the 11 rc's obviously fitted okay but i always wondered if my toes had quite enough room. so i asked the guy in the shop for an 11 in the rrl's. when i tried them on i couldn't even get my foot in. i'm used to tight engineers like rw 2268's but these weren't going to work. he brought out the 12's and they went on fine. i later went on to sell my 11 rc's and bought some 12's and they're a much better fit.

so i'd have to agree as i could wear an 11 rc but not an 11 rrl, having said that both in 12 fit good and i love 'em.

thanks again and well worth mentioning.

Oh yeah, I agree with you totally on this. I guess we were on the same page, I just didn't know all the info on your RC sizing which was throwing me off.

And when you size right on the RRL's, they are some of the best currentlt produced engineers you can buy.

RRL Slim Fits.. 1 year with 1 initial soak and another at the year mark... Thinking about giving it a Machine wash at the 1 year, 1 month mark with a monthly wash after that.. I'm kinda making up for a RRL sample I copped at a F&F Sample sale. Those had a Shank that read "DOUBLE RL & Co. NYC" and a inner tag with a handwritten "Mitsui BD 1005". I was impatient with those. I'll post pics of those at another time.

IMG_0945.jpgIMG_0943.jpgIMG_0944.jpgIMG_0940.jpg

Edited by HUNCHBAK

Has anyone noticed a difference in the sizing/fit between the old 'made by Julian' engineers and the new Murdock engineers, the ones without Cat's Paws heels.

Edited by Mich

have you heard there's a difference?

No, i was just wondering how to size them since i'm interested in picking up a pair.

I'd actually prefer the Julian made ones, but most of them seem gone in my size, so i'll settle for the new engineers.

Do you know who makes them btw? Apparantly it's still a US maker, but no longer Julian.

Edited by Mich

It appears the newest batch of RRL engineers is quite different from the last. Doesn't seem like Julian made anymore: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Lauren-RRL-Murdock-Buckled-Engineer-Mens-Leather-Boots-BLACK-9-5-NEW-/280827940773?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4162a64fa5

Different leather (black interior), different buckles, and overall different look.

I Just received my pair of Julian made RRL engineers as well; to any one out there who is still on the fence buying these, get these now!

They are amazing workmanship and on par with my MFRC's.

6888081399_d9c1a7f118.jpg

IMG_3292 by SLAB13, on Flickr

6888081811_bddbe8d2b6.jpg

IMG_3295 by SLAB13, on Flickr

6888079301_8884e7559b.jpg

IMG_3298 by SLAB13, on Flickr

ps: I sized these the same as my MFRC and the fit is perfect; both are a size 8.

just stopping in with some fit pics of the low straights now that they've settled some (and since most pics posted are of jeans laying on the ground). haven't worn them in a while since i got some 3 sixteens but these are coming back out for the next few weeks at least.

color's pretty accurate. had to adjust exposure a bit to compensate for iphone

0d318b2f.jpg

705c9071.jpg

It appears the newest batch of RRL engineers is quite different from the last. Doesn't seem like Julian made anymore: http://www.ebay.com/...=item4162a64fa5

Different leather (black interior), different buckles, and overall different look.

Wow they are totally different.

Could it be that these aren't murdock produced then? http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_594wt_1110

these are the ones i said look identical to my julian produced studded rrl's.

sorry guys... just realised the only reason i thought these are murdock rather than julian is because the ebay seller has written it in the title.

guess these are julian made then.

Those are Julian ones. The brown Murdock ones are two toned. I emailed that seller to tell them they had it labeled wrong but they ignored me

Where can I find some RRL Slim fits in raw? I've tried ebay but there's only a couple and not in my size. Maybe someone wants to sell theirs or hook me up with a proxy or whatever. I looking for a pair fitting 32.

http://www.ralphlaur...rentPage=family

buckleback version: http://www.ralphlaur...rentPage=family

Edited by stickshift

fuck I want those slim fit buckle back joints so bad, are those new??

They aren't something completely new. The rigid bucklebacks were originally limited edition release a few seasons back, but they re-introduced them as seasonal release this past FW11 and for SS12.

They also typically have a few buckleback jeans per season, but in distressed versions.