RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

Bought a pair of dry straight leg the other day. I'm not really used to wearing anything but bootcut, so having the narrower leg opening is kind of weird. Gotta get some shoes that look right with them.

I wouldn't say they're incredibly tapered. I tried some on in the store in Chicago that were basically leggings, though...maybe those were the "slim straight" some of you are talking about. Are "slim straight" and "straight" two different cuts?

swm356 - you just basically sat around the house in those for the 3 months ?

Yeah, really. I'm just over the 3 month mark after wearing them nearly every single day and I've got much more wear than that. Those look practically new.

Maybe I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Yeah, really. I'm just over the 3 month mark after wearing them nearly every single day and I've got much more wear than that. Those look practically new.

Maybe I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Its probably the combo of too big + really frequent washing, I posted the picture just to show how well they held color vs the washes.

Its probably the combo of too big + really frequent washing, I posted the picture just to show how well they held color vs the washes.

I guess if they were too big they wouldn't get a lot of movement in the back but it's still pretty nuts. I got some mud on my knees and tried scrapping it off with a white towel just to see if anything would come off. After a few light strokes, a LOT came off.

I'll post pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...
the slim fits that i have are rad. zip fly, but other than that, i couldn't ask for anything else: beautiful greencast-ish denim, two-tone topstich, flat-felled inseam, hidden rivets, single-stitch back pockets, blue-line selvage outseam + coin pocket, & & &... all for $45 on ebay. really disappointed i can't seem to find them anymore, 'cause i'd def. buy 3 more pairs. they're pretty slow to fade, but i think they'll be gorgeous in another year (got about 10 mo. of rotated wear on 'em now).

I have a slim fit raw selvedge similar to the one y'all described. Super tapered, blue-line selvedge, except that they are also button-fly and are size 34-36. I have a true size 34 and these fit just a little less tightly than my crate james and more tightly than my RRDGs.

Actually from the middle of the thigh to the ankles, these suckers really remind me of dior's long-legged stacked fit. Unfortunately, when I wear it low on my waist, there's a bit of a discrepancy due to a slightly higher rise (saaadly). Mine looks like I'm carrying stuff in the rear crotch area of my pants. Basically I wonder how your asses and waists fit on your slim-fits... because mine kinda bothers me... wish they were boxier/lower rise like diors... is there any way I can tailor this?

maybe I'll take pics later.

How does the sizing on the slim bootcut compare to the straight leg? I'm thinking of buying a pair of slim bootcut off eBay, but want to make sure I get the right size. Also, are the slim bootcut selvage, and do they make raw ones? The only ones I see are pre-distressed.

How does the sizing on the slim bootcut compare to the straight leg? I'm thinking of buying a pair of slim bootcut off eBay, but want to make sure I get the right size. Also, are the slim bootcut selvage, and do they make raw ones? The only ones I see are pre-distressed.
The slim bootcuts I have fit true to size (which appears to be quite rare.) The bootcut is very subtle, like .5" difference between the knee and the leg opening. They are blue line selvage and appear to rinsed as opposed to raw, but I couldn't tell you for sure. They were pretty dark when I got them, they just weren't as stiff as most raw denim.

Make sure you get actual measurements from the seller.

The slim bootcuts I have fit true to size (which appears to be quite rare.) The bootcut is very subtle, like .5" difference between the knee and the leg opening. They are blue line selvage and appear to rinsed as opposed to raw, but I couldn't tell you for sure. They were pretty dark when I got them, they just weren't as stiff as most raw denim.

Make sure you get actual measurements from the seller.

I think the washed variety have been fairly true to size, perhaps an inch added. Raw slim bootcuts (from Japan) are notoriously off, like a pair of mine that's 3" bigger. It seems that every generation's different so...get measurements.

Thanks for the advice guys...

Don't mean to beat this to death, but I contacted the seller to ask about selvage and she doesn't really know a whole lot about it...

Have you guys seen ones like these before:

http://cgi.ebay.com/285-NEW-RALPH-LAUREN-MENS-JEANS-POLO-RRL-DOUBLE-34-32_W0QQitemZ320054746712QQihZ011QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

...and are they selvage?

I know some on here don't like washes at all, but this one isn't too extreme and will look fine with normal wear, IMO. Plus, the washed ones are drop-in-the-bucket cheap versus the raw where you have to actually think before you buy. :)

Don't mean to beat this to death, but I contacted the seller to ask about selvage and she doesn't really know a whole lot about it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/285-NEW-RALPH-LAUREN-MENS-JEANS-POLO-RRL-DOUBLE-34-32_W0QQitemZ320054746712QQihZ011QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

...and are they selvage?

I know some on here don't like washes at all, but this one isn't too extreme and will look fine with normal wear, IMO. Plus, the washed ones are drop-in-the-bucket cheap versus the raw where you have to actually think before you buy. :)

I believe all RRL jeans are selvage. This seller doesn't have to know a damn thing about selvage, just ask her to take photos of the inside seam/cuffs and you'll know right away.

These are $50, about the same price as raws, btw. If you get the jeans' true measurements, there really isn't much to think about it.

I think the washed variety have been fairly true to size, perhaps an inch added. Raw slim bootcuts (from Japan) are notoriously off, like a pair of mine that's 3" bigger. It seems that every generation's different so...get measurements.
If there really are raw ones out there, then that's probably what I have. Unless they made both a raw and rinsed version of the same cut and denim.

The raw ones are great value for the $. As noted throughout this thread, tho, you MUST get the waist measurement. They really do vary widely. ALSO, ask what the tag inside the fly says: some are sanforized (and say it), others are not and only say ring-spun. That 3" extra (in my first pair, before I knew better) in a sanforized pair will NOT shrink, even if you boil 'em overnight. The denim, however, is nice.

This is a pair of sanforized, greenline selvage, one-wash RRLs that I've worn once or twice a week for a couple months. They're tagged 27x34, but actually have a 31" waist - I one-hundredth the warning to get actual waist measurements before buying a pair of these online!

Blazey_005c34015.jpg

...and are they selvage?

I got the same pair as the one in the auction and just to tell you, if you're not really into the baggy look do not get that pair of jeans. I prefer my jeans not to be slim fit so it didnt really matter for me (plus i got it for 9.74 at a polo outlet store the last pair too lol :D).

If there really are raw ones out there, then that's probably what I have. Unless they made both a raw and rinsed version of the same cut and denim.

Here are the raw bootcuts(one of the pairs I own): http://cgi.ebay.com/Ralph-Lauren-mens-RRL-double-RL-jeans-pants-34-34-185_W0QQitemZ220053242353QQihZ012QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here are the washed bootcuts:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-285-RRL-by-RALPH-LAUREN-SLIM-FIT-BOOTCUT-36-34_W0QQitemZ160053479523QQihZ006QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here are the NEW raw bootcuts (notice backpocket design...hideous, no?):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ralph-Lauren-RRL-M-SLIM-BOOT-CUT-JEANS-32-x-32-NWT-165_W0QQitemZ160050608335QQihZ006QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Brozek, I love how even if not close up you can tell the beauty of the denim and its fit. Just looks tailormade.

I got the same pair as the one in the auction and just to tell you, if you're not really into the baggy look do not get that pair of jeans. I prefer my jeans not to be slim fit so it didnt really matter for me (plus i got it for 9.74 at a polo outlet store the last pair too lol :D).

Really? I have a pair of RRL Straight cut. I like everything about them, but I'd prefer a little bigger opening at the bottom. They're really not so "slim" of a bootcut, huh?

Yeah, mine look pretty much exactly like the first ones you linked, only without the RRL stitching on the back pocket.

The First ones are not raw those are One Wash Slim bootcut LOW RISE made in Japan Zipper Fly: I know I bought those about a year ago. The sizing on those are WHACK. I bought 32 they ended up with a true 39" waist. However the cut is freakin dope. I should have bought a 30.. I did some tailoring and use them for skating. BTW they are low..only slightly higher than skinners.

The "raw" Slim Boot cut are standard rise, no wash, more relaxed fit with a pretty big leg opening. They look similar to the new ones with the back pocket stich..only without any back pocket stitch.

as seen here: http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Ralph-Lauren-RRL-Double-RL-Jean-Slim-Bootcut-36-34_W0QQitemZ170055511924QQihZ007QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

These are nice, but I would size down 2 or three. I bought 34 to fit 34 and they fit like 36-38" waist

It's a given they're not genuinely raw as they are all sanforized, but being that one is clearly washed and distressed, I use "raw" to denote the differences between pairs.

I guess the 3rd linked pair is much different from the 1st. The 1st is definitely lowrise and has a much tighter fit than the regular slimcut's.

It's a given they're not genuinely raw as they are all sanforized,

what the hell do you mean? sanforized denim can be raw... and can still shrink about 3%. the sanforization process is done before sewing, so jeans that are sanforized are actually the only raw jeans that you should wear raw, unwashed.

where did you get the idea that sanforized means its not raw?

Raw in the sense that it doesn't shrink as much as say STF (which correct me if I'm wrong isn't sanfordized). Sanfordizing on the RRL's minimizes the shrinkage so in that sense I see them as treated/processed and therefore not "genuinely raw" that require soaking.

Perhaps I should have just said "raw sanfordized" to begin with.