RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

Thanks, thats what I thought.

Now the question is, how much should I size down to get a nice fit on my size 32 ass?

Still fighting Slim bootcut vs low striaghts to get a similar APC fit, any pointers guys?

I'm not so sure about that "#1 is women's and #2 is men's" thing, I could be wrong but I think I've seen differences in stitching designs between different seasons.

It pains me to see anyone using ebay to buy these things. Are you sure you don't have a proxy or anyone to buy for you? I just can't bring myself to trust ebay.

Uhhhh, what's wrong with ebay?

RRLs are fantastic and all but as far as I'm concerned hardly worth the 275-300 they run at retail, not to mention proxy charges.

I got the pair currently on my legs (09-10) in january of 2010 for 75$

why do u think its not worth the money? i ask because i halfway agree with u. i think they are worth it retail price, but i would never buy it at retail knowing i can get it at so much cheaper.

why do u think its not worth the money? i ask because i halfway agree with u. i think they are worth it retail price, but i would never buy it at retail knowing i can get it at so much cheaper.

For starters it's the fit. Though obviously they fit everyone differently.

In my experience though the fit's slightly off on me, which doesn't change my affection for the pairs I've had.

It's also a matter of what and who I'm supporting. Though I think that RRLs are well built and the fabric is fantastic (better than it gets credit for, I think) I feel a bit silly supporting Ralph Lauren when RRL is clearly only one of his many passions, and probably a relatively minor one at that.

It's all somewhat arbitrary and I'm not about to dig into my bookshelf and start pulling out Marx quotes but basically if I can support a smaller, arguably more passionate, and more interesting company or person producing the same quality product I will.

That being said, when it comes to ebay, RRL are a steal and I will likely grab them when they come up if I'm in need of a satisfying pair of jeans.

What's wrong with Ebay you ask? Plenty I say but of course that depends on your experience. I've had bad experiences so naturally I"m suspicious of the authenticity of 95% of what's offered. You are very lucky you got yours for $75. My pair I got from their store about 5 years ago so the price may have increased but I distinctly remember them being way less than your "$275-$300" quote. The prices in those ebay offers did not look significantly cheaper than what's offered in the stores to me. For $75, I'd grab them like you did (provided they're real) but not for those prices in those two listings.

• 2 weeks later...
sizing advice on slim fit please?

RRLs vanity sized like APC? do they stretch out much like APC? will rep thanks.

27 in NC, not sure what size to get.

Recently tried both slim and straight. Slims have a straight slim seat with moderate taper from the knee down. Vanity sized: I am a true 31 but 28 fit perfect. For reference, I'm 5'8" 145lbs and wear my jeans on the hip bone. I bought the straight so I cannot really say how the fit evolved but the denim does exhibit mild stretch. After 3 months of wear, ~1in of stretch at the waist. Haven't washed yet but I kinda expect it to shrink back. Hope that helps.

• 2 months later...

I love my RRL slims so much. Favorite jean ever. Picked up a new pair after about 3.5 years

Patched about 3-4 times in the crotch over that time period (lots of cycling and a saddle that probably didn't help) and in the last month or two I had both of the back pockets patched because my phone kept falling out.

222446_10150155563977823_573902822_6755440_3860786_n.jpg

TZZmXl.jpg

KHO5Nl.jpg

97KSul.jpg

Q9j0ol.jpg

mWp8Rl.jpg

SKDrr.jpg

The other leg was usually cuffed from riding so it didn't get the stacking this one did

8WRnHl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

they have different lengths. i was bored and since i have 3 different cuts, i figured i'd post this up for anyone looking for fit references.

hope this helps....

my true size is 32

here are straight legs (rinse) tagged 30x32. cold washed once.

IMG_2004.jpg

slim boots tagged 32x34 and hemmed. picked them up for 60 bucks at outlet. the wash isn't too bad IRL. i had to enhance the pic a bit to show the lower leg. this size is by far the most comfortable.

IMG_2082.jpg

these are the low straights i had. rinse, tagged 30x32. i sized them so i could barely button them up and, while i got them on, the thigh never stretched out enough so i'm gonna try a 31 if i can find it or maybe even a 32....

IMG_1419.jpg

i'm battling between going up a size in the low straights or getting a pair of raw slim boots. the washed ones will come in handy for keeping a clean pair around for going out, but i need some beaters.

also, the stretch factor has a lot to do with how you wear them. i'm sure that someone who skates or BMXs or whatever may get more stretch out of them. i basically just walk around and moderate bike rides so i think going closer to TTS would work out better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well that's odd. I could have sworn that RRL Slim selvedge raw blahh blah were sanforized but I just hotsoaked for about an hour or two and then tossed into the dryer and an inch came off the waist (17 to 16 with the front and back together across the top)

I wore my first pair off the shelf for 6 months before washing and I remember it shrinking a little but nothing drastic, I wonder if they made some changes? This new pair did seem a little loose before the soak and a lot better now.

Changes? I mean, their denim has changed a lot in the past ten years but losing an INCH after a HOTsoak and DRYER doesn't exactly add up to them being stf, a different weave, etc.

Keep in mind, sanforized denim will shrink up to 5% after a soak. Basic math says that if your jeans were at 34", then 5% of 34" would be 1.7". And given the way denim shrinks more vertically than horizontally, you'd still be in that 1" ballpark.

Even after repeated washes, my jeans (RRL included) tend to shrink around that or less. It stretches back out so I don't know what the bfd is.