RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

i received my rrl slim fits the other day and i'm not quite sure if they're authentic but i paid only $30 for them so i have no room to complain. the denim is very dark and very hairy but not rigid at all. they are the one wash model but i expected them to be at least a little rigid. should i use a lot of starch for these? does anyone have a similar pair?

also, i thought i would add that the slim fit jean fits a lot like apc new standards. they are about 8" at the knee and about 7 3/4" at the hem (for reference, my pair are tagged size 26 but are actually 29"-30" at the waist).

Tried on a few pairs today at the RRL store. Their slim boot cut is really not a boot cut at all. Just a roomier version of their slim cut. I liked it a lot but they didn' t have anymore of the old versions. The new versions have this hideous thread design below each pocket ala Warehouse Duckdiggers. The sales guy sympathized with me and told me he had the exact same dilemma and solved it by just ripping out that thread design. They only had 30-30s and I was looking for a 30-32 at least. He claims the Bleecker St store didnt' have that size either. The 30-30s fit me ok, I just prefer my lengths a little longer. If I buy the one wash, do you think it will shrink considerably? If so I'll wait until they get some 30-32s, if not I'll just get these.

anyone made any decent progress with their rrl's? pics?

233880843_3dbf881039.jpg

233880845_2a8337904b.jpg

Got these in late March - been wearing them about 5 days a week. Washed them once about a month ago. Just got finished moving out of an industrial space and I wore 'em the whole time, so they're real nasty right now - look at them in the right light and the denim is shiny. Might never wash 'em again.

Man, I'm jealous how these things are looking for you guys. I'll post 1 month anniversary before/after pics in a few days to track progress as I've been wearing them every single day. I'll also add comparison shots with the bootcut RRL's I received 2 weeks ago.

• 3 weeks later...

ooo...burning mad at those RRL guys...So I've been basically haunting the two stores in the city waiting for a size 30-32 or longer of their one wash boot cut version to show up and they keep lying to me and promising me it will come. One of them makes this convincing argument that a 32-34 will shrink to a perfect fit after a soak by telling me that the "one washes" are not truly washed. He tells me they just spray vinegar on it to get the wrinkled washed look and that in reality it is not washed and therefore has potential to shrink down. So I believe him...I don't know why because I've been told that the raws will not shrink down and that's why I didn't buy a raw one...if the raw ones are not goign to shrink, why did I believe that a one wash or a vinegar wash would shrink??? god I must be stupid. Anyway, so I buy the 32-34 and it's not a bad fit at all, it's just not the snug fit I was looking for. Needless to say a soak did jack shit, it is the same exact size and fit as when I bought it last week. I will most likely keep it because I do like the fit and denim and details even though it wasn't *exactly* what I was looking for. I dunno when I'll have time to work on these though, I'm still working on my Julien Reds and now that the weather is cooling down I have returned my Okinawas into the rotations.

I believe the older models (the ones that frequently show up on ebay) are the ones with the sizing issues.

I think you are right.

I tried on a pair in their store a few months ago and found my right fit (just a little tighter than comfortable, to allow for stretching). I bought the same size on ebay and when I tried them on, they were already comfortable... which means they have started stretching too big in the waist.

If youre going to order off of ebay, make sure to ask about the actual waist.

I think you are right.

I tried on a pair in their store a few months ago and found my right fit (just a little tighter than comfortable, to allow for stretching). I bought the same size on ebay and when I tried them on, they were already comfortable... which means they have started stretching too big in the waist.

If youre going to order off of ebay, make sure to ask about the actual waist.

Cheapmutha's pair is one of the few exceptions I've seen so far where sizing is spot on. I thought the odd sizing was merely a raw problem but as I've seen on ebay with the pre-distressed selvage models the problem is relatively universal. Are the regular RL stores selling RRL's again? What's the pricing like? What cuts are they offering (slimcut vs. bootcut)?

• 1 month later...

If anyone wants the predistressed ones cheap my local outlet has them for $49.99 . Lemme know and I'll check what sizes are avail ..

Not a bad price for japanese selvage denim - though of course many shun from pre-distressed .

Just like these but better wear http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-RALPH-LAUREN-DOUBLE-RL-RRL-JEANS-PANTS-27-30-NEW_W0QQitemZ250041933037QQihZ015QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

more like these

1d_1.JPG

If anyone wants the predistressed ones cheap my local outlet has them for $49.99 . Lemme know and I'll check what sizes are avail ..

Not a bad price for japanese selvage denim - though of course many shun from pre-distressed .

Just like these but better wear http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-RALPH-LAUREN-DOUBLE-RL-RRL-JEANS-PANTS-27-30-NEW_W0QQitemZ250041933037QQihZ015QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

more like these

1d_1.JPG

Do you know what model (slim/bootcut/etc) it is and if the sizing's odd?

Are the regular RL stores selling RRL's again? What's the pricing like? What cuts are they offering (slimcut vs. bootcut)?

Not sure about regular stores selling RRL. Here in NY, RRL sells RRL and the Polo Mansion sells Polo.

Part of the sizing problem it that RRL selvage jeans have been around for more then 8 years. In terms of new jeans from RRL, there is a straight, bootcut, and slim ... and then bucklebacks etc.

Just got my new RRLs. These are a raw denim, slim boot cut, sanforized, made in Japan for RL Europe. I like the feel of the denim on my SC 47s just slightly better, but these are a very nice, heavy selvedge. The drawback? The sizing. The waist on these suckers runs 2-3 inches, MINIMUM, too big. I've got 'em soaking now, but don't know just how much that'll put 'em in. Plus, the length is just about right. Grrr. SO, the point: These are great jeans, but you'd be better off buying them only when you can try them on.