RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

The ones I like and still want are the RRDS knock off ones... and I believe they run fairly true to size and will only have the waist size listed on the inside of the fly.
Yeah, those are the ones I have. Only the waist size listed on the fly. And yeah, they're one wash, not raw.

I bought it off ebay from dependabledeas4u (I think I got it right). From my observation there are 3 models that exist on ebay. Slim fit (the og poster posted), Slim lowrise bootcut and Slim Bootcut (which I have).

Damlam must have Slim Bootcut like me because as he stated the fit is very similar to Nudie RRDS. I'm not sure if they're one wash or not but they are very stiff like most dry denim I've received. The denim is also superb and seems to be superior than the one used in RRDS. Sizing in Slim Bootcut isn't as messed up compared to slim fit and slim lowrise boot. It's a safe bet to only size down once or twice and you should be good to go.

Now, only one thing that worries me. I know that RRLs is suppose to be sanforized but would these shrink at all waist and length wise? I bought 30L and the length is perfect right now. I know Nudies dry line is suppose to sanforized as well but they shrink anywhere from 1.5" to 2" Has anyone washed their pair of RRL?

If it shrinks even just a tiny bit then I'm f*cked because it'll be too damn short.

Now, only one thing that worries me. I know that RRLs is suppose to be sanforized but would these shrink at all waist and length wise? I bought 30L and the length is perfect right now. I know Nudies dry line is suppose to sanforized as well but they shrink anywhere from 1.5" to 2" Has anyone washed their pair of RRL?

If it shrinks even just a tiny bit then I'm f*cked because it'll be too damn short.

I cold washed mine and they didn't shrink at all. I was in the same situation, they were the perfect length and I was worried about shrinkage but luckily I didn't have anything to worry about.

And if I remember right, the retail on these were like $185 or something. I remember when the RL website had them on sale for $80 or so and a lot or people jumped on it.

I just got my pair as well. These are my first pair of premium denim and I like. I like the fit alot, but they fit kind of odd around my waist. Maybe because my hips are kinda wide...but its all good. I could have went a size down in the waist but I couldnt imagine the legs being any smaller, I dont want them too tight.

they also fit kind of low on me...they force me to sag my pants

Advan mentioned how his bootcut pair was relatively stiff. I've been wearing my RRL slims for almost two weeks now and found them to be stiff only the first few hours. By now they're becoming practically second skin, so I niagra'd the knees a few times because damnit, I want my honeycombs. The stiffness now looks comparable to the pics Advan put up.

I'm curious if that'll be the same story with the bootcut pair I have coming to me in another few days.

It seems like a lot of people are using the RRL's as a "gateway" dry denim, myself included. The price and quality definitely has exceeded my expectations and has probably spoiled me into thinking that dry selvage is the only way to go.

Maybe my wallet can take a break now that most of the cheap RRL's have dried up on ebay.

smw, which slim bootcuts are you talking about?

If they're the older, one-wash japanese versions (the ones with the small tagged waists) then they're pretty true lengthwise, perhaps even a little bit longer. I think my pair of 28x32's were measured at 32x33 or so. I'm not too sure about the newer distressed pairs, but I believe those run true to the tags.

As for RRL being for people who live in the hamptons, their selvage line seems to have quite a bit of credibility among most people here and in styleform with a number of people owning them without, I might add, seeing any complaints. If you're suggesting they're meant for pretentious people, then why are we all here talking to begin with?

A few questions:

First, I don't understand all this talk about the slim cut version being like the Nudie RRDSs. Nudie RRDSs are slim to you guys??? Exactly HOW slim are these RRLs? Anybody got a measurement on the width of the knees?

Second, why such a wide range of prices? $19.99 vs $189? Are all you people getting it cheap, getting it from Ebay?

Working 24 hours today so I can' t get to the store but the website lists 3 stores in NYC. These are available at all 3? The website's page on the RRL is also down, saying that this product is no longer available. Are they waiting for the Fall pieces to come in? If I go to the stores what's left? Thanks.

I've heard reports here and there like denim phenom's of being able to pick up a pair at an outlet or at a burlington coat factory of all places like cheapmutha's but that's never been my experience, at least not in SoCal. The thing to consider is that there are several different version of the RRL's made in different year. The pairs I got off ebay are not true to tagged size and are made in japan whereas cheapmutha has a US pair that does run true. That said, I'd love to hear which pair denim phenom got. To my knowledge, RRL is on hiatus because the website has been down for perhaps a year or so.

For the record, my japanese slims are around 8" wide from the knee straight down.

My made in Japan bootcuts are 8" at the knee and and 8 1/2" at the opening and fit true to size.

Some "Bootcut", huh?

If Denim Phenom's pair is true to size, I'd guess they're the newer American variety. I'll swing by an outlet next week and double check again.

To my knowledge, RRL is on hiatus because the website has been down for perhaps a year or so.

they have two stores in new york and are adding another one (currently i think) in the LA area (should have gone with San Fran...more that cities style)...anyway it seems like they are pretty regularly releasing new clothes and have at least one new designer which might be good because the most recent stuff i saw was pretty bad....andd i'm usually a pretty big fan of this polo line.

I would think they are fakes. Not that it matters if the denim is good quality because you are paying a fake price... that is if you are getting them for sub-30$ which they were going for before everyone clobbered the bandwagon.

There are too many varieties for me to believe that some or most of them are not fakes.

Seem them with the Leather tag in a light color, some with a dark color, some with poor fit, some with good fit, etc,etc... all signs of some imposterous crap being mixed in.

Reviving this thread, bear with me.

Are RRLs commonly faked? I've been looking at a few pairs on ebay and can't believe the low prices.

You guys 101% positive that these jeans ( the raw ones ) do not shrink at all or not more than 1/2" or so waist wise ?

even with a trip to the dryer inside out like ?

I'm pretty sure mine were one wash, but they didn't shrink at all. I didn't throw them in the dryer either though, just air dryed.

You guys 101% positive that these jeans ( the raw ones ) do not shrink at all or not more than 1/2" or so waist wise ?

even with a trip to the dryer inside out like ?

Mine shrank. I lost at least 1 inch, maybe 1 1/2 off the length and maybe 3/4 - 1 inch in the waist, and the legs feel tighter. They spec them about 2" over, though, so if the marked waist says 34", it's actually 36".