RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

Hey, what's up guys? I've been thinking about getting a pair of RRL's from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-POLO-DOUBLE-RL-RRL-JEANS-185-27-X-30-NWT_W0QQitemZ200013509524QQihZ010QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As you can see, the tag says it is 27" but the actual waist is 31". Does this mean that they will shrink to 27" after washing? I want the waist to be around 30-31 but I'm not sure how RRL's fit. Anyone with experience with these know if they stretch? Thanks

-Narin

Those are nice jeans, I bought a pair a few weeks back and I really like them, they are similar to the Nudie RR fit but a little fuller in the seat. They are sanforized and do not shrink much at all. The sizing on them is just off and the seller is showing their actual size. It seems like all of that slim line of RRLs run bigger than the tags size and I just think it was a mistake. Bear in mind that they will not shrink much at all so buy them true to your actual size and go by the measured size the seller gives...not the tag size. As far as stretching goes I don't know because I have only worn mine a few times and made the mistake of buying at the tag size so they are pretty loose in the waist on me and probably will never be stressed enough to stretch.

hope this helps.

pay no attention to the tagged size. these are a one wash jean, and are likely as small as they're going to get. for reference, i've got a pair of the 27x34 slim fits and i'm usually a 32.

awesome jeans.

EDIT: re: damnlam's comment -- i'm not sure if he has the slim fit jean that's advertised in this auction. they fit nothing like a regular ralph. very close to an APC NS, though...

I have a pair of the RRL lowrise bootcut. They are tagged 31 but are slightly bigger than a 34. The denim is superb, although it is not stiff at all so you may have to starch or something if you're into that. Super hairy denim too. And man, when they say lowrise they mean lowrise (I know the auction ones dont).

Hmmm, they look the same as my pair and I bought them off the same guy. Slim fit, boot cut and holding them up to my dry Nudie RRDS they fit me pretty much the same, except as I said the seat is a little fuller on the RRLs and the back pockets are not as low, but they are both bootcut and fairly mid to low waisted 5 button fly jeans. Just my experience though, and I won't argue with your experience.

Edit: I did not buy them off the same guy..different seller, pretty sure they are the same jeans though. Also, the pair I got were not one wash, they were raw and stiff as hell. They are awesome quality denim and very nice construction, some of the best I have seen.

Hmmm, they look the same as my pair and I bought them off the same guy. Slim fit, boot cut and holding them up to my dry Nudie RRDS they fit me pretty much the same, except as I said the seat is a little fuller on the RRLs and the back pockets are not as low, but they are both bootcut and fairly mid to low waisted 5 button fly jeans. Just my experience though, and I won't argue with your experience.

Edit: I did not buy them off the same guy..different seller, pretty sure they are the same jeans though.

yeah. that seller recycles pictures...

there are two main styles in the RRLs on ebay, that i can figure out: the RRL slim fit jean (what i have, and what this auction is for -- it's printed on the RRL tag in the photo), and the RRL low rise bootcut. there are a few more styles out there too (cheapmofo has a pair or two of the "authentics" i think). the slim fit jeans are a zip fly, not a button fly, and they are not low rise. the fit is almost exactly the same as the APC NS, but the RRL denim is nicer.

all in all, very fucking confusing...

yeah... the 2 pair i have are made in usa with pink line selvage. no hidden rivets. they were one wash. fit true to size. the authentics are a 501 style... 47 type cut. the others didnt have tags on them, but were very baggy. they are now very skinny. the indigo color is beautiful and seems to fall quickly. dont look like the japan ones really.

Ok here is the deal on RRL. The jeans that are made in Japan, (which those are) are very slim, they fit like an APC New Standard in size 26 or 27. Very Very Very skinny. And the rise is very low, it will sit right on top of your pubes.

that's for the "low rise bootcut" - i bought a pair of those off ebay, too and had to resell them... too small, too low.

Thanks for the quick and helpful replies guys. I just discovered these forums the other day and it seems like an awesome community. Does anyone here in particular have these jeans, and if they do, could I bother you to post some pics of the jeans so I can see how they fit on a person? Most of the consensus here is saying that the ebay listing I provided is for the slim cut jean, not the bootcut, although in the picture it looks ike there is a slight bootcut. Thanks again!

i'll try to take a picture this weekend for you. and yeah, like i said in the above post - this seller recycles his pictures from auction to auction regardless of the jeans' cut. the only picture he changes is the actual tag shot w/ style and size info.

So they are sanforized and actually don't shrink at all ? lots of japanese sanfor denim does shrink a lot just like some xx denim or the likes ..

The waists are huge compared to their tag sizes ..

^ RRL FALL looks pretty good. They've added some jeans with cinchbacks and really old leather flap backpockets (not sure exactly what levi model this is a direct reference to).

Anyway, I know the jeans that float around ebay are from a few seasons ago, but RRL is really holding it down with selvage on almost all their jeans and a few jean shirts. They're also using Indigo as a dye in some of their shirts.

thing is the one seller who doesn't post measurements actually told me - " wow wait these 38 look HUGE let me measure and get back to you " which was after I asked him if teh actual length is correct ..

Come to find out the 38 waist was actually like 43" and he measured it perfectly right , not simply doubling up the back of waist measure - but going around in three's to the button points ...

errr .. Now I wonder if the whole cut is screwed like huge waist extra slim thighs etc ..

I have a pair that look exactly like the ones in the pictures, although I don't remember if the tag on mine said Slim Fit. Mine are definitely bootcut with a fairly low rise. The weird thing is they're tagged a 32 and the actual size is 32 as well. Are the ones on eBay just defects or something? Anyway, after wearing mine for ~8 months, I'm pretty happy with the way they've faded.

If they have stitch that matches the denim color (dark blue) around the fly then the sizing is all sorts of whack... they will also have the just Waist on the fly aka 32 which end up being like 38x3X. and they are not bootcut at all... even though the little bitty tag said lowrise slim bootcut on it. They are too soft to be raw as well.

The ones I like and still want are the RRDS knock off ones... and I believe they run fairly true to size and .

(edited)will have no RRL embroidery on the back pocket.