superconfessional

I don't know what the tests are like lately, but i'm pissed i'm gonna be wasting my time with these kids for the next 3 weeks.

edited perverted comment in case someone from those classes read sufu (i doubt it from looking around)

Yea, i remember that shit being easy back then too. Found it funny in undergrad when some kids still had an air of superiority because they were in IB, referencing their time there and such. Like kids who talk about their sat scores in college. Fucking wankers.

Fuck i don't want to get up at 6:45am and go there again. No real motivation to come up with learning activities or anything. This whole year i will be wondering why i am in this program when it doesn't seem that i want to teach that much. The interest fades in and out, but it has been more out lately. I blame the classes, teachers, and classmates who all make me sad (cept one girlie who is down)

Also you get alot of time off whereas other jobs would have you still working alot. Being a teacher has good benifits too. Insurance is covered by the school board and whatnot. Sucks teachers get paid so little, except the private school ones. They be B.A.L.L.A.Z at the private school.

I know ability to travel, some benefits, summers and winter breaks off are nice plusses. But there is also, mediocre pay, mad stress in and out of class, having to constantly bring your work home with you, work more hours than it really seems, deal with frustrating ass kids, dumb down certain subjects or areas you're really passionate about, and some other ish. I dunno. I already paid this semester's grad tuition. Spring semester when i get the keys to a few classes of my own, i'll be able to evaluate better.

Fuck, i feel like max now. (no hate, mang, since we're going to start the nice guys who are ultimately stupid but make the "right" decision)

fuck i gotta sleep now.

Caps Lock, is that in NY?

I know if CA, at least the salaries of the teachers at the private high school I attended were lower than local public schools. Public schools have state regulated salaries while private schools pay whatever they want, sometimes lower and sometimes higher I guess.

I agree it is all about finding the right place to suit your teaching style. I know two teachers who say they love teaching in high crime, low income, low graduation rate schools even with stress and uncooperative/abusive students. They seem to be more ethically driven than some of the academia type teachers I knew had in high school.

I have done a lot of tutoring and really only enjoy teaching when I am working with an intelligent student who just needs me to subtly rephrase questions so that my student can use the knowledge and understanding he/she already has or when I feel I am becoming a better tutor.

They don't mean shit because the tests are too fucking easy. Everyone in my AP classes (including me) slacked off all year and no one got under a 3 on the tests. It's pretty much impossible to score a 1 or 2 on any of the arts APs, and the phys/math/chem APs can be beaten with a very basic understanding of the course material. It's great that I got a few college credits, but I'm pretty sure I'll be fucked when I go into some of those 200 level courses next semester.

Only AP test I've taken was AP US Hist and that was pretty easy (4) imo but a lot of people I know got 3s and some didn't pass, mostly it was just fact recollection, which is easy for me (although the bullshit work made me get a d in the class)

But it wasn't a test where you can walk in without taking the class or studying your ass off and expect to come out with anything higher than a 2

Here's a confession: found a card containing US$200 in sister-in-law's coat left in my wardrobe (room used to be my bro's. They just left their shit there when I moved in) and some jewellery (probably fake). Apparently the money was for a wedding gift some years ago, she probably forgot to give it to the (un)lucky couple. Never told them about it hehehe ...

Guys, I just went to rush. What are all your opinions on frats?

One of the ones I went to seems pretty legit, connections for after college and a pretty good social/party scene. But I dunno if I want to do Greek stuff...

YOU need to decide WHY you want to be in a frat

Arrrgggghhghghgh!!! These public works fuckers are working on the road in front of my place, at the exact same spot they fixed like 3 months ago. What is wrong with these bastards, are they perfectionist road-builders who only go for the highest standard in asphalt design. WTF! I wish I had Rambo's bow and exploding arrows right now, I'd take them down from my balcony.

that being said i kind of screwed myself over in high school by having a crap gpa (didnt really care) but excellent IBs and SATs so what do i know

Thats worse. Its would actually look better if you had okay grades and okay SATs or Great grades and mediocre SATs. Having that particular mismatch of yours is no good at all. Schools look at that and think "slacker". My SATs were ivy caliber and my grades were community college caliber. I got rejected by some pretty easy places to get into, I ended up getting in because I wrote a desperate letter to admissions explaining I had a bunch of shit going on in HS and that my SATs reflect my ability. They finally took me sorta begrudgingly.

i was trying to order a pair of black uvc's and it's soo fucking hard to get a hold of the lady that handles orders. i called in the morning and she told me she had to check, found a pair in 33x34...left me a voicemail. i can't reach her now. grrrr..

and now i dont know whether i should get a size bigger..34...

Thats worse. Its would actually look better if you had okay grades and okay SATs or Great grades and mediocre SATs. Having that particular mismatch of yours is no good at all. Schools look at that and think "slacker". My SATs were ivy caliber and my grades were community college caliber. I got rejected by some pretty easy places to get into, I ended up getting in because I wrote a desperate letter to admissions explaining I had a bunch of shit going on in HS and that my SATs reflect my ability. They finally took me sorta begrudgingly.

yeah i know. the only reason im not at columbia this year is because i was a slacker throughout high school. i'm lucky that universities in the uk care about everything except gpa, i would have ended at some state school otherwise.

2210 SAT, 96th percentile on the IB, and a B- average in high school. Should probably post this in superregrets because its the only thing I've ever really regretted.

What do MBA programs look for? I was along your fellas' lines in HS, but did a little better in college...not a ton, but a little...graduated with a 3.3, scored very high on exit exams, blah blah. Obviously, I'll need a superior GMAT score, but is a place like Columbia going to hold the par-ish grades against me if I score in the upper 600/lower 700 range? Chicago's got some awesome business schools. If I can't get into one of those, though, I may just bag it altogether.

I was bored and reading Ballard today and stumbled upon his review of Mein Kampf. I'm now extraordinarily self-conscious that I may be one of Ballard's "rightful inheritors of the 2nd century ... a half-educated man [with] vague artistic yearnings and clap-trap picked up from popular magazines"

Must read more.