superconfessional

How would you be enjoying life more if you were single.

The obvious answer that most people throw out is wanting to fuck bitches.

If that's the case, who can judge you for it but you might throw your dick in some poon and then be like "wtf, this isn't as great as I thought."

Real talk though, if you are questioning it and have been questioning it long enough to know you aren't just having normal thoughts/feelings then ending it probably is better than letting said resentment build.

I add my .02 with shufon's to make .04

being single has advantages (plenty of time for self betterment and the things that you like to do, fucking whoever you want, etc.) but, provided you have a healthy relationship, it swings both ways... i'd say if your relationship was enriching and fulfilling as is, you wouldn't be questioning it, rite?

unless you're just horny. in which case it might be time to change things up in the bedroom.

I've been dating this girl for a little while now, little bit more than half a year now.

And before you all start, it's a different chick.

In anycase, the relationship is pretty great, the girl is marvelous, she's totally head over heels in love with me, treats me right. I felt the same way, but lately... I dunno. I've got this feeling in the back of my head like I want out.

Theres no concrete reason for it, like I said the relationship is great. But for some reason I feel like at 20 years old I shouldn't be in a serious, committed relationship, that I should be enjoying myself. In a way I guess this kind of builds resentment for the other person over time.

But on the other hand, I feel like if I do break up with her, i'm potentially missing out on something great.

Just feel really conflicted, don't know what to do.

like what you've said, the girl is marvelous and she treats you right and is great. so far you haven't pointed out any bad stuff about her, so if its going to be a knee jerk reaction because of certain insecurities or maybe past experiences that are getting in your way, i think its a pity. it sounds to me like you've got something good going on.

i dont know if "enjoying yourself" meant meeting more people out there, but if you don't mean that i don't see how being in a relationship will stop you from having fun/enjoying. give yourself and her a bit more time and if you really eventually think that it sucks, call it. it wouldn't be too late because you've still got plenty of time.

get her back
Always move on from an ex, something else is generally right around the corner.

All I can think about right now is the great times we had though. Spent the summer together having an amazing time travelling and suddenly when we get back it's all fucked up because we stopped talking. I dunno, I can't help but think there has to be a way back to where we were. We both wish we were together.

re: exes. I think on the internet when we read things about people's exes, we often assume that it ended poorly.... I think it's important to note that this might not be the case for some people, there may be more advice to give than simply 'forget exes'

Was feeling down in the dumps the past week. Hung out with a close friend last night and I spent a bunch on groceries and we made a really nice dinner. Was very happy and satisfied. After he left, and I was thinking about it, I realized that I have a really special relationship with him. He is my only close friend that I've never talked about personal issues with. We've never talked about what makes us sad, about family issues, girl problems, work/school related stress, etc. I've known him the longest out of all my friends and every time we hang out it is such a positive experience. I guess with him it feels like we are little kids again, we just skateboard and laugh and be happy. It feels great. Really appreciate having him as a friend.

three weeks ago i decided to clean up my act some. to stop getting wasted for getting wasted sake. i mean i have partied a bit since then but nothing too heavy just fun with friends.

this feels different than i have for the last 25 years of partying.

in the past i have stopped drinking and taking drugs, but at the time i felt like there was pressure building up inside which inevitably led to a huge bender usually to blackout with all the attendant pitfalls.

the situation that led to my decision was the same as ever just heavier. the morning started with benzos in order to sweeten the intravenous methadone, that had become a fairly regular indulgence recently, this was a chill and dream-like day for most of it. late in the afternoon i smoked some crystal which gave some awake/intensity to the whole shebang.

catching up with my gf [who doesn't party] later in the day was nice, until some minor misunderstanding turned into a paranoid spin out for me, she as always was understanding and any damage done was fixable.

after the day or so long comedown i wondered what i was doing to myself, what have i always been doing to myself, i am vulnerable enough without opening up myself to everything by using intoxicants to reduce my inhibitions.

this feels like an internal shift, it is not as if i am giving up anything, not like i am stopping stuff for anyone but myself, not like i am suddenly straight edge, not like jesus has not re found me, not even like this decision is made out of regret for my actions, i just don't feel like getting fucked up anymore.

for the first time in a long time i am happy.

@hap That's great. Though I was never into drugs that much, when I eventually stopped I came to much the same conclusion as you. What was once the most interesting and exciting part of my life had lost its novelty. I haven't been a saint by any means since, but when I do indulge it's more out of nostalgia than anything else.

Wait your mistress did not know that you had a girlfriend (not who your girlfriend is)? My friend always had success by playing dumb "girl what are you talking about? you know what, you know what? I'll call you later!"

ah I never put anything on my twitter or facebook. don't even follow my employer or current coworkers. last thing is getting tangled up in them saying offensive shit about work or relationships.