superconfessional

man it's the same here. it's like everyone wants to be best temporary friends for life while they've known each other for 2 weeks and will only spend a few months together. chill out people.

so many of those intl students are only here to attend those lame as shit parties and flirt with as much ugly lookalikes, maybe they never had even this little fun before, but i guess you have to peak someday right ?

i'm not saying i don't enjoy it here it's cool and all, but if you're picky about who you wanna hang out with you have to do some filtering.

i went to a party with all study abroad kids when i was in shanghai...lamest group of ppl ive ever met... that awkward "im friendly to everyone but not really" vibe. cookie cutter characteristics..uughh

yo freecat,

best temporary friends for life

I experienced the exact same shit when I was in Uppsala. I am sure it is a feature of any exchange/erasmus program. If I wouldn't hang out with certain people back home, why would I do it just because I miss my mommy when I'm in Sweden? I've kept in contact with only a handful of people from my exchange, which I am totally fine with. The whole time though everyone was constantly jabbering about visiting one another and crashing on their couches blah blah blah. I guess I am generally pretty cynical but still, majority of you will never be more than facebook bunnies.

yeah i've got the same view on friendship. moving around communities, cities, countries and time you only stay in contact with the people you liked the most and eventually you'll have a small pack of friends from all those moments and places in your life and that's what it's about.

i couldn't have said it any better myself.

it's amusing to me how quickly people have formed cliques in my program. it's only been 2 weeks and the social lines have already been drawn- or at least outlined.

its strange for me because i would call myself a social person, but in this case i'd rather spend most of my free time in Berlin alone than hang out with these rag-tag instafriends.

i have had a wonderful crazy week and a half of celebration, party, drinking and drug taking that has had one of my good friends and confidants say 'please don't die'. best of all i have fallen madly in love.

this love would feel like some kind of redemption, an opportunity to really trust again, after my own past transgressions have usually had me cautious, paranoid, and ultimately destructive.

it would feel like redemption except that i have nothing to compare this too, nothing about it about how she is with me reminds me of anything i have ever been involved with before.

i feel brand new.

i get this pretty often. apparently i have a european accent or a british accent. i don't get it. i think i just have weird speech patterns, i had speech therapy when i was younger.

peoples are just weird

i get asked if i'm japanese all the time, even by japanese. this is even before i had long hair. and as asians known, asians can tell what kinda asian asians are, and i look nothing like a japanese.

ya i've always mentally played it off as ignorant peoples, but really i have no idea. my voice always sounds way different to me then it does in recording. a german girl told me it sounds like i was born in england and lived there for a few years then moved to the states, like a buried accent that seeps out. technically i am half european, but i really don't know what people's conception of "european looking" is

the filipinos speak to me in tagalog

the chinese sometimes speak to me in mandarin

the malays do a double take/ask me where i'm from after they read my name

the indos know i'm indo.

when i was overseas someone thought i was from their part of india. a few thought i was mexican

this indian malaysian girl thought i was pakistani for 2 years.