superconfessional

I worked at BestBuy.

We had these shitty things called D-Sub bombs. We would take the brochures for all of our digital subscriptions (d-subs) and arrange them together so that the barcodes were all scannable. When someone bought a computer, and they would swipe their credit card to pay for the computer, that credit card information could be used automatically to subscribe to any of our d-subs. So, whenever we sold a computer, after they would swipe their card, we would scan all (sometimes up to 10) of the subscriptions and sign them up without them really knowing.

The subscriptions included:

Netflix, AOL for broadband, Comcast Cable internet, Quest DSL, Comcast Cable TV, Earthlink Dialup, Netzero Dialup, dialup internet, Rhapsody, McAfee, and other service trials, and some others I can't remember.

We would tell them that they were "offers that came with the computer." If they didn't want them, we were supposed to tell them that they came bundled with the manufacturer (bullshit) and that we couldn't sell it without them, but not to worry, it's free and you can just call and cancel if you don't want the service. This is the part I would refuse to say, and I eventually got fired for. 99% of the time the customer would concede. Since we got an average of about $30 per signup of these services, it made BestBuy a lot of money. I'm sure tons of people had enormous headaches thanks to this tactic, not to mention they probably were billed for services they didn't even knowingly sign up for.

Eventually I got a talking to, and when I said that I would stop letting customers get away without these bombs, but I kept letting them off anyway. My hours diminished to 4 hrs per week. I guess they were hoping I would just quit.

FUCK BEST BUY

am i the only one who wants to kick this guy in the dick?

am i the only one who wants to kick this guy in the dick?

He seems reasonable. Job required something he didn't feel was quite ethical, felt uncomfortable, didn't do it. I guess I don't see the problem. I've had to work telemarketing; I know how it feels to need the income, but hate what you have to do to get it.

i just took a 2 hour lunch break. i bought an issue of harpers and sat at a restaurant in the fin. district drinking pints and reading about gold investing. the waitress looked like zoeey deschanel and i told her, she thanked me and gave me a big smile and a little more eye contact than is normal in the waitress-customer dynamic. i wrote her a little note on the bill that said she was gorgeous.

i'm done work in an hour. good day.

so the old girl i used to be in love with today tells me she really likes me but we can't do shit because i have a girlfriend which i do, now i don't know what i want to do, i can break up with a pretty rad girl for maybe a chance at the girl i've been into since the 6h grade.

I have never been so motivated in my life.

On another note. I was accused today by a fifty something year old lady trying to hold onto her youth of being a pervert. I walked passed her twice and was obviously following her to check our her butt because shes a "beautiful woman"

I have yet to see any sort of sign of planking anywhere near my facebook and my daily life. The only time I ever hear about it is on Sufu or some parody videos on youtube.

I want details on this shit. WHAT'S GOING ON MMFOOD? Please tell me you haven't encountered one in real life...

I have yet to see any sort of sign of planking anywhere near my facebook and my daily life. The only time I ever hear about it is on Sufu or some parody videos on youtube.

I want details on this shit. WHAT'S GOING ON MMFOOD? Please tell me you haven't encountered one in real life...

I have yet to see it in real life. Thank god, I would probably run up and kick the shit out of them. My FB newsfeed is flooded with this bull shit. I need cooler friends.

I love the idea of detaching from American society and moving on to be an ex-pat in Costa Rica, or at the minimum figuring out how to be happy and live on less so I can travel and enjoy life...I dream about it regularly, fantasize about it even. The only thing honestly stopping me is all I know is the constant game of trying to catch up to the debt I keep incurring and the mirage-like apparition of "financial success", which honestly I'll never achieve because regardless of how much money I make, it'll never be enough to fund what I think will make me happy. For the time being I'll just keep buying things that make me happy in the short term and paying the minimum on my credit card bill. I'm sure I'll figure it all out after it's way too late.

I was about to post about how miserable this past 1.5 years has been but then I remembered a bless hoodcloak and UC hood blazer arrive soon.

So this week my life is really happy and on track then. (3)

Just watched Insidious and that shit has destroyed me. I love horror and have been watching it without any real scares for a while now, but this movie... I haven't been this scared because of a film in a long time.

I keep thinking about it... I can't sleep. This is so fucked up.

I was about to post about how miserable this past 1.5 years has been but then I remembered a bless hoodcloak and UC hood blazer arrive soon.

So this week my life is really happy and on track then. (3)

post a fit then son

hahahaha move to quebec where the internet is 5 years late.

Most people here probably don't even know what the fuck SWAG means or that it evens exist.

i take it you live in the west island or some shit?

plenty of people plank here you just need to go out more, they also know about OF or lil b and what ''swag'' means