superconfessional

I'm curious if I will be required to spend any significant amount of time in (at?) Canadian Customs? I have never been out of the country for an extended period of time before.

i feel like you're implying that engineers/accountants/people with useful degrees are necessarily boring assholes with soul-sucking jobs.

untrue.

But of course accounting/engineering is a soul-sucking job to someone who doesn't want to do it.

honestly, i think someone like anthony bourdain has the best fucking job in the world. you travel everywhere and just eat awesome shit. okay, yeah, sometimes he has to eat deep-fried elk foreskin in Kazakhstan, put on a winning smile and say "mm mm tasty," but he has it good most of the time.

I'm finally watching Akira for the first real time. I tried watching it in elementary and was traumatized by some sort of mutant glob of appendages with an unpleasant face.

Repressed emotions will most likely spring forth and cause me to bash my computer into pieces, but it looks good so far.

I'm kinda glad servo still posts here... (long time no see)

I'm finally watching Akira for the first real time. I tried watching it in elementary and was traumatized by some sort of mutant glob of appendages with an unpleasant face.

Repressed emotions will most likely spring forth and cause me to bash my computer into pieces, but it looks good so far.

I never understand this. Why do people browse the internet at the same time as watching a movie?

I didn't watch Akira till recent years too -- when I was a kid and had a fever someone once put it on and I was batshit terrified of it. Same thing happened with The Dark Crystal and The Empire Strikes Back. Hallucinating weird Skeksis and dudes cutting up beasts and sleeping in them.

^man i fucking love that show...

how do you even get into something like that?

bourdain was grinding for like 20+ years before no res and all that. listen to his audiobook for kitchen confidential (i've also read the book, content is the same but i find his voice oddly soothing [nh]), it's really great if you're a fan

Theres one episode where he goes back to his old kitchen or some shit. They work his ass off on the grill.

That show is great. It also has some pretty deep moments. He seems like a legitimately cool dude.

I just bought a BAPE t-shirt from the Harajuku BAPE store.