superconfessional

:confused::confused::confused:

DON'T BE IRRESPONSIBLE

0.jpg

yeah, I understand that drunk driving is a bad thing. However, It has been blown way out of proportion. I blew a .086 and was perfectly capable of driving fine. Two years ago, the limit in my state was lowered from 1.0 to .08, so I wasn't a criminal then. There's also no evidence that lowering the limit does anything to stop the real problem, which are drivers that are so drunk or crazy that they don't give a shit. These are the people who run people over. I had like 3 beers over the course of 2 or so hours at a baseball game, I shouldn't be criminalized. Heck, we allow 90 year olds to drive around who have less control of a vehicle than me after 3 beers. Pointless rant......I'm just pissed about it.

what I did is incredibly embarrassing, but here you go. My girlfriend drives an Audi. The headlight dial in her car is weird. there are 3 settings and none of them turn the lights on but the third, which looks like it's the brights. I consciously decided to put it on the 2nd setting because I didn't want my brights on. It was dusk at the time, so I didn't notice. I got pulled over in traffic in denver when it got dark, but it was after a baseball game so there were tons of lights etc on as people left the area.

I wasn't swerving or anything. Just lights off, but was so pissed at myself because I purposely didn't turn them on.

I won't argue that I shouldn't have been driving. The slightest impairment isn't good and it was a mistake/bad judgment on my part. But I shouldn't have to go 7-8k in debt and have a record for my whole life. The penalties are ridiculous. the annoying part is, I don't even have a car. I never drive, let alone drive drunk.

The best indicator of how screwed up the system is is to listen to the derision you hear whenever a DUI is mentioned. People don't want to hear details, you're automatically a degenerate who "could've killed some one". the truth is that 99% of people with DUI's are more than likely as drunk as your dad was driving home from a BBQ when you were a kid. Again, pointless rant.

I once read that 80% of the people driving on the road past 2am are over the limit.

I also once read that most people who crash when they are drunk, did not do so cause they were impaired, but cause they passed out.

Just things i heard.

eating and/or texting in your car causes way more accidents per year than drunk driving (but less fatalities or so i've been led to believe), but the problem with the system is that, like the engineering of roads and highways, it's developed with the worst drivers in mind.

obviously you shouldn't have been drinking and driving (and even that statement is loaded with specific connotations) but treating people .01 over the limit the same as people with 10 or 12 drinks in them seems pretty dumb to me, not that things will ever change.

When i was a kid i was not allowed to have junk food, but lucky enough i flew a lot, so it was as close to a Mc D's fix as i could get, so i loved it.

On my way from JFK to Tokyo one time i stole first class seating, there was only like 8 people on the ENTIRE 747 so i just said fuck it... That steak was fucking amazing.

I kinda like airline food.

that is pretty crazy, was this like post 9/11? I once got to fly Tokyo -> LAX or something and sleep across all 3 seats in a 777, the plane was hardly booked like that. I think it was the year 2003, maybe?

I also had to eat health food growing up and flew tons, like two three times a year at 18-24 hr flights kind of flying for years, and enjoyed flying. Not because of the airplane food, but my parents would be traveling and relent and let me eat junk food at the airport food courts, let me eat candy and stuff if I didn't go nuts on a plane ride, etc.

We used to have a 'McDonald's Day' at school in Australia, like once a year. You had to throw your two or three dollars in a white envelope and give it to your teacher, and then on the day of, they bring up a truck full of lukewarm McDonald's burgers and you sat out on the parade eating them. Good memories though. I used to beg to get like 3 burgers and a 6 piece on the side, but I think I got like one big mac and a small coke, every year. And inevitably some fat spoiled kid would get the 3 burgeres, and a 6 piece on the side.

That, and the old school Australian tuckshop every week in the winter, with pies and chicken burgers, man those things were amazing too.

I used to also save coins from here and there (since very occasionally you'd pick up a $1 or $2 coin as they were so small and easy to lose I guess) and be able to go to the shop and buy a small fish and chips and coke. Joys of being a latchkey kid.

Every other day though, was some soggy wheat bread sandwich... :(

I am in constant fear that my girlfriend will get pregnant. Even though she's on the pill. I still have fear.

Gf: "I feel sleepy" (in the middle of the day)

"My stomach hurts"

"My head hurts"

etc.

Whenever she says those things at anytime, my honest reaction in my head is, "Oh shit are you pregnant?"

When she gets her period, I become sooooo relieved.

oh man I completely forgot about this

except for us it was like 'McDonald's Wednesdays' since it was weekly

and we got to choose what we wanted to order

disgusting that they did this when i was in 6th grade now that i think about it

Weekly? That is incredible.

one of the primary schools here had mcds day once a week BUT it was only the healthy options, cheese burger with an apple pack and water

the school i work at now just got a new canteen and apparently its going to be all cafe like, but no accounts for staff so ill never go there cause i never carry cash

dismal... i am reading murakami's dance dace dance and the hero is played by you in my head

yo who had 'taco pockets' at their school for lunch

basically ground beef in some sauce in a hot pockety pocket

Yes, I had taco pockets.

From elementary school to middle school they were pretty good. Around high school they got shitty.

:confused::confused::confused:

DON'T BE IRRESPONSIBLE

Look, this is old news at this point, but leave the kid alone. There's a difference between someone who's being arrogantly, ignorantly stupid and this guy, who's obviously been humbled by the consequences of his mistakes, recognizes them for what they are, and is trying to climb out of what sounds like a very dark place.

If you're taking shots at him now, just be aware that they're cheap ones. Take a moment also to understand the reasons you do it, which is to make yourself feel a little special for just one minute of your sad, little day -- one, like all the others, during which no one will actively recognize you for any special accomplishments.

Well, it's not a special accomplishment to know you shouldn't drink and drive. It might be worth something, however, to provide some encouragement to someone who's at rock bottom and is trying to do the hard, right thing.