superconfessional

From Dec. 29th to Jan 9th I'll be doing ten days of at least 12 hrs of meditation in total silence. Really excited but also nervous for the impending existential breakdown.

I did this for a month in 2009 & try & have a day of silence at least once a month.

I have friends who left their lives in the UK to live in an Ashram in India and fully pursue an ascetic life ... one of them has been in silence for 3.5 years.

The first time I drank enough to black out, I asked the cute girls next to me if ketchup was made from watermelons, and I was being serious. This was before I tried to chug the entire pitcher of beer and threw up in the women's restroom.

i take echominds side more so than timbers on this whole, none of my biz, break up on the fourm steezzzzz. i do not think we have got enough of the fun parts, but more the lame ones, yall should share some dirty laundry and let it out for us all, i for one am pseudo interested. the minor drops that have occured thus far seem like we could have a momentary lapse in fun at your lives expense... no??

anyone with me?

dirty laundry out concept.

it wasn't an interesting break up. it's kind of like High Fidelity but Laura stays with Ray (Ian).

I cured myself of a cold by running for a mile today and then sleeping for two hours. Been sweating this girl but it seems everything is resolved, and tomorrow will be a good day. Meanwhile in my psychotic state I designed my website which now needs coding (paging J00RMANE), and will be ready to release my album this wednesday.

confession:

checked this thread hoping lab had something to say in response to my post, and that maybe I could learn something, but it was just wishful thinking.

edit- oh shi that n^^^^^ snake responded

:)

lookin forward to that album real talk

I did this for a month in 2009 & try & have a day of silence at least once a month.

I have friends who left their lives in the UK to live in an Ashram in India and fully pursue an ascetic life ... one of them has been in silence for 3.5 years.

That's amazing. Did you do Vipassana?

I'm not normally into things like that (Vipassana) but I'm looking into it and it sounds pretty interesting. Anyone have any experiences with it that they could share? If they're too private PM me.

I have friends who've been but both are very new age (for lack of a better term) so I'm unsure of how relevant their experience would be for you. I'll PM you once I get back and let you know what I thought. Ultimately I signed up because it's free, and seems like an extremely interesting and potentially very beneficial experience.

I have a daily Kriya yoga practice,that incorporates Shoonya meditation, but the month of silence was part of a Samyama process I chose to undergo in India.

It had a number of requirements & involved a preliminary 40 day purification period consisting of my daily Kriyas, plus prolonged Pranayama & hardcore Asana practice, a regime of abstinence & a very strict pranic diet. When it arrived, the program was still an intense experience, with deep & unimaginable mystic happenings that were compounded by the close proximity & necessary daily interaction with the huge number of other residents & devotees & the demands of our work around the place.

At the time I was counting the days until it ended, but in hindsight what it has gifted me is immeasurable & unfathomable. I certainly wouldn't be as solid and comfortable in myself as I am today had I not undertaken it & can't imagine life without the practices now.

Life sucks and I'm making it that way. Been fuxxing with thizz for past few months but only rolled a handful of times cuz this antidepressant I take fucks with it. I stopped taking it for a while so my serotonin levels reset. But like, so it's like yo I can't even get high what the fuck piss me off shit ass fuck.