superconfessional

Ever have one of those weeks where everything goes wrong? And when you think everything goes wrong, one more thing goes wrong sure to be followed by more ill events. Yeah? Fuck this week.

I know a few surfers, and they have a motto that go's something like this:

"When you wake up and the floors cold, your truck wont start, the beer is warm, you got no weed, traffic is shit, dont go surf. Just go back home. Go home and back to bed, and wait for shit to be right."

Something along those lines...

Ever have one of those weeks where everything goes wrong? And when you think everything goes wrong, one more thing goes wrong sure to be followed by more ill events. Yeah? Fuck this week.

Dude fucking me too, shit just went right for a moment though, could pull out. Work has been nightmarish today, I can not wait to get out.

any of the older guys have tips on how to pick up the pieces of ones life after the breakdown of a long serious relationship?

Do what makes you happy.

NO FUCKIN REGRETS.

I know a few surfers, and they have a motto that go's something like this:

"When you wake up and the floors cold, your truck wont start, the beer is warm, you got no weed, traffic is shit, dont go surf. Just go back home. Go home and back to bed, and wait for shit to be right."

Something along those lines...

what is this. just go surfing man, it makes everything better.*

*i am a surfer

i dont think my depression will ever go away. i sometimes think that i should seek help and get back on prescriptions. I got off them because i didnt want to be dependent upon them, however sometimes i think maybe its better to get back on...........

i have been spending way too much money the last few months and feel horrible for doing so. this materialistic lifestyle is a disease.

i will use the next months of my life to get rid of all the stuff i don't need and devote my attention and energy to more meaningful stuff. i don't need 20 pairs of shoes, 10 jackets and 20 pairs of jeans.

i am really disappointed in myself for letting this happen. :mad:

I wake up in the morning and I feel like an F. Scott Fitzgerald quote.

"In a real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day".

I am still in love with my ex. It's a beautiful truth that bites hardest.

what is this. just go surfing man, it makes everything better.*

*i am a surfer

Its not just about surfing, its a life insight. If things are not going well one day, and keep going stupid wrong, dont think its going to get better out where your life is on the line. Save that for a good day... the guys i heard this from surf Jaws out in Maui, so perhaps they see surfing in a different way than you do...

i dont surf, but i see the strength of this statement, if you dont, good luck with that.

The Cockblock Heard Round The World™

Once upon a time, I lived in a house in Los Angeles with two other roommates. One was a really cool guy, and the other was a professional cockblocker named Nick. In 2007, he had a career-best 6 blocks…on me alone. Women of provenance, women I knew only on the internets, it did not matter. If she breathed, he blocked. It’s believed that he came from a long line of highly successful blockers, with blocking in their blood. One time he successfully blocked just by eavesdropping in on a phonecall and blocking in the background.

The most notorious block, the one that would go down in history—passed down through the ages from bro to bro, scrawled on facebook walls in deep dark lettering—occurred on a warm saturday night. I was still sort of using Myspace at the time (don’t look at me like that) and through a mutual friend I’d been introduced to a cute Vietnamese girl. Eventually we made plans to meet.

Word got around, as words do, and eventually Nick’s spidey sense went into overdrive and what is now famously known as The Cockblock Heard Round The World™ was underway.

As a cockblockee, I don’t profess to know all the mechanics on how it works, but long story short, the girl forwarded a message my pal Nick had sent to her the night of our big date. Apparently, he had sent her a coverletter of his awesomeness in the hopes that it would win her over. I still use the “Films, I want to know MORE” line to this day. The cockblock was so over the top and so absurd, I kind of wish it had worked. I’d later find out that she was 4’9”, straight-edge, and high-pitched (not in an adorable way, but in a Vietnamese Mike Tyson sort of way). Needless to say I dipped.

I never really confronted Nick about any of the cockblocking…maybe I was too nice of a guy. Maybe I felt sorry for him. It was probably a combination of both. Eventually I moved away to live by myself and in my own loft, which had it’s own set of challenges and opportunities. I still look back fondly on those days though. A mutual friend sent me a photo of Nick’s birthday cake almost two years later after the fact. They faithfully reprinted in cake frosting the message Nick sent that night to the girl.

tumblr_lbefs0Egcw1qzu6nxo1_500.jpg