superconfessional

Don't know how great grandfather managed this,

but he (Asian) bagged a French white lady in like the early 1900s and had my paternal grandpa.

ha

I get the impression a lot of the older, older generation azn dudes took no shit and had to hustle like crazy just to live so they got that cred. I hate to say it but nowadays asian dudes are all pretty much lame ass sheep.

Self hatin' real talk. :(

i lfet the girl i am head over heels crayz about a drunk voicemail confsessing it,shit sorry :( i am worst ever want to sleep so bad at being charming lol
dont worry scott, some girls think that shit is cute. If not, please consult the djrajio dating thread. (5)
i will never go in that fucking thread again.

You're right.

Girls love getting drunk voice-mail confessions from guys all the time.

It's endearing.

How am I the one who is insecure?

Because I say what I think and don't give a fuck what others think on this board?

Because I talk about taboo subject like how much money I spend on furniture and drapes?

Honestly, the shit I talk about is trivial.

YOU should be the one checking yourself out.

Weren't you the same dude talking about how you were in the perfect relationship w/ the perfect girl and now your roller coaster of emotions are prompting you drunk dial girls?

You can hate me but you can't say I don't give good advice.

i frankly could care less whether or not you give good advice, thats non of my business, i did think i had a good relationship and i did, but i ended it because of distance and not wanting to limit my potential. i know very well i have my own insecurities and i work on them, the fact that you feel the need to brag about your 15,000 furniture is pathetic. don't you have people in real life who care? granted you could argue the same thing about my superconfessional posts and you'd be right but thats what i'm working on.

Guest dave 3000

Weren't you the same dude talking about how you were in the perfect relationship w/ the perfect girl and now your roller coaster of emotions are prompting you drunk dial girls?

yeh,but that was when he was a goth

i frankly could care less whether or not you give good advice, thats non of my business, i did think i had a good relationship and i did, but i ended it because of distance and not wanting to limit my potential. i know very well i have my own insecurities and i work on them, the fact that you feel the need to brag about your 15,000 furniture is pathetic. don't you have people in real life who care? granted you could argue the same thing about my superconfessional posts and you'd be right but thats what i'm working on.

Exactly.

Is this board not Superfuture: The messageboard for global shopping experts on conspicuous consumption?

How is what I buy and brag about any different than kids on here that brag about their recent $2000+ Rick Owens rubbish and shit?

There is no difference between me explicitly stating the price of items most kids on this board have NO FUCKING CLUE ABOUT (high-end furniture) and kids posting expensive high-end fashion items on here is that the later have been already implicitly codified due to greater exposure.

So please get off my dick with all the hate.

Guest dave 3000

sexual tension is killing me

i gather draijo is the bottom

EDIT: this cant work ,as i peg scott as a submissive bottom too

shout out to any tops out there

There is no difference between me explicitly stating the price of items most kids on this board have NO FUCKING CLUE ABOUT (high-end furniture)

Judging by the photo you posted, that 15K was ill-spent. You would have been better off spending less on furniture and giving the balance of that money to a designer (read: someone who actually knows what they're doing).

I would've bought some more solid pieces. I mean, obviously rajio and I have different taste, but there would've been a mash of Corbussier pieces and Bauhaus inspired stuff for me.

speaking of which, went to the Bauhaus exhibit at the MoMA today - highly recommend it to anyone/everyone. I'm gonna go back soon (sup free admission)

Guest dave 3000
I would've bought some more solid pieces. I mean, obviously rajio and I have different taste, but there would've been a mash of Corbussier pieces and Bauhaus inspired stuff for me.

speaking of which, went to the Bauhaus exhibit at the MoMA today - highly recommend it to anyone/everyone. I'm gonna go back soon (sup free admission)

lol you sound just as pretentious

Judging by the photo you posted, that 15K was ill-spent. You would have been better off spending less on furniture and giving the balance of that money to a designer (read: someone who actually knows what they're doing).

I'd be curious to know what you would consider a better domestically made hand made alternative for a television stand, sofa unit, and coffee table in solid wood w/ minimalistic design in Japan for under 15k.

If not, shut the fuck up.

I did a lot of research and decided I didn't want an overly trendy design that would "date" the look of the furniture.

I'd be curious to know what you would consider a better domestically made hand made alternative for a television stand, sofa unit, and coffee table in solid wood w/ minimalistic design in Japan for under 15k.

On their own, there's nothing wrong with the furniture you purchased. But you're looking at objects and labels, without an understanding of the whole. Your furniture occupies a space, and it's that space that you're neglecting to address. A designer could have helped you with this.

In any case, as you so proudly declared...

I ... don't give a fuck what others think on this board

...this discussion is moot.

On their own, there's nothing wrong with the furniture you purchased. But you're looking at objects and labels, without an understanding of the whole. Your furniture occupies a space, and it's that space that you're neglecting to address. A designer could have helped you with this.

In any case, as you so proudly declared...

...this discussion is moot.

I'm somewhat disappointed by your obviously blanket and generic response to my initial question.

I'm still an intellectual and would be interested to hear what certain design principles and "understandings" you find I "neglected" to address or that you subscribe to. How exactly would have a designer approached this better or differently?

I'm interested in modern furniture designers like Minotti, Catherine Memmi, etc. who take a neo-minimalistic approach to their designs using a neutral palette of colors. The lines are clean with subtle 60s/70s influences. In particular I love art-deco/neo-deco and hope to incorporate certain art pieces to my place. To augment the overly modern and clinical affect, I choose dark brown uneven finished wedged oaks for the woods , purple drapes in a traditional Japanese silk/woolen blend w/ subtle stitching variations to allow light in , and I'm having Turkish rugs shipped to give it a more ethnic/asian feel.

Obviously my place is a work in progress but I wanted to initially shut-up the haters who consistently believed I wasn't purchasing these items.

Seems to me like you didn't want to take a stand on this issue which is fine.