superconfessional

i accidentally pushed my friend into a window in Toronto the night before we were suppose to leave for montreal. We (excluding him) went anyways, it turned out he had a piece of glass stuck in his arm, had to get surgery and was at Toronto Western for a couple days so that kinda worked out.

But i feel bad for mucking his arm up and making him loose out on lots of money + stay in a hospital room with a man who was getting a colonoscopy.

damn my plans are shot. i was planning on going on vacation in a few months with one of my co workers to hongkong. She tells me acouple days ago that her grandma in vietnam has gotten really sick and that her dad wants her to go see her grandma, but she said that she couldnt really. today i talk to her and says that she cant go with me to hong kong any more cause she is going to vietnam to see her family, which i say is ok.

i still really want to go to hk, but im not sure if i want to go alone, cause i dont know if any of my other friends are willing to, but ill see

I went to my high school's young alumni luncheon the other day. It's a pretentious southern prep school that recruited prodigies and rich kids all over the state. I had to test in...and I didn't consider myself as intelligent or gifted as these individuals, who kinda treated my brother and me as outsiders. Didn't help that we were another color, but our race was not explicitly targeted. Kinda felt unworthy every time I walked through that campus.

At this lunch, I thought I'd see 3-year Ivy League graduates, interns for big-time companies, or promising pro athletes and politicians, but, no, I met former drug addicts, kids who'd had abortions or eating disorders, and dropouts. Instead of smug self-satisfaction, I just felt..pity; I kinda wanna know how these multitasking overachieving community-driven kids sittin' behind me in precalc had degenerated to such states.

I cuz they were born with a silver spoon. When you have to work for what you want in life, faced with adversity, and overcome obstacles, you value what you have more and strive to make your situation better. When things are handed to you as is, you lose/lack direction in life and take for granted what's there.

bSj5tNeKRr8

See 0:54 seconds...

That's true, but in high school they seemed so determined and anxious for college. I wonder what else crushed their motivation.

EDIT: I really need to finish watching Wall Street...I know I've got a copy of it somewhere...good clip.

haha well thats true ^ few posts up

usually you hear these child hood prodigies doing brilliant things but you dont really hear much of them 20 years into the future..

thats cause they become normal or ya know.. they just become forgotten cause they wernet what the once used to be.

I made a huge mistake..

One of my best friend's girlfriends said that she liked me a little back when I worked with her at McDicks and she asked me if I thought she was cute back then and I said yeah. Anyways she confessed to me that she doesn't like my friend that much and she's always had a thing for me and now she's gonna break up with him with the whole friend thing and now I'm trying to convince her that she should try to work it out.

fuckkk

Serge, I don't know much about this situation, but you should seriously tell her to go fuck herself and be done with it all. Girls like that are poison and terrible and should be removed from one's life as fast as possible.

Yeah but I'm totally one of those nice guys who can't even say no to giving money to a homeless guy. What's a good way to get out of this? Honestly, all my friends are just saying to "tap dat".

Yeah but I'm totally one of those nice guys who can't even say no to giving money to a homeless guy. What's a good way to get out of this? Honestly, all my friends are just saying to "tap dat".

All your friends except one of your best friends I imagine.

I kinda wanna know how these multitasking overachieving community-driven kids sittin' behind me in precalc had degenerated to such states.

I cuz they were born with a silver spoon. quote]

How does this work, they overachieve because of their own aptitude what does it have to do with taking their spot in society (shcool?) for granted. btu I do find it funny that I've seen many valedictorians fail hard. Guy idd horrible first year at a college here;

I made a huge mistake..

One of my best friend's girlfriends said that she liked me a little back when I worked with her at McDicks and she asked me if I thought she was cute back then and I said yeah. Anyways she confessed to me that she doesn't like my friend that much and she's always had a thing for me and now she's gonna break up with him with the whole friend thing and now I'm trying to convince her that she should try to work it out.

fuckkk

don't front, you should be posting in the 'best feelings' thread instead

I made a huge mistake..

fuckkk

this broad see's his dirty underwear, his bad morning breath, his insecurities

all she has seen of you is probably you at your best.

friends girlfriends are to be avoided at all costs.

warn him as to what is coming so he can make the pre-emptive strike if you really are his best friend. you shouldn't want your boy to fix things with some breezy who is hounding after his friends.

my dad was going to give away an old brooks brothers handmade suit to goodwill about 3 months back. he put down for estimated value $500, though the suit cost $1000. they said they can't give more than $100. thank god he walked out on that one.

i think its in the old clothes closet...

is there a way of procuring credit from a store if you sell them back a suit - i.e. this brooks one? its in great condition and its beautifully made, but it doesn't fit anyone in my family anymore. is it possible that brooks would take it back, or would i have to find a high end consignment shop?