superconfessional

Do it. It will be the best thing you ever did. You will regret not going, if u can speak English and French you can tutor it. The kids bring you their homework or u just go and have coffee and talk. Meeting people is not hard as a foreigner at a university. Don't worry about the cash, it's replaceable, the opportunity isn't.

living abroad can be excellent and france is amazing. that being said, i did a teaching aide thing there and i had a terrible 11 months - apart from becoming completely fluent i really regretted it.

then again, i was a 17 yo trying to teach 12-18yo... kids treated me like a teacher so it was difficult to make friends. plus i was an arrogant, immature dickhole straight out of highschool so that had something to do with it. plus i had a really shitty host family right at the start which kinda threw me off thereafter.

on balance i would still say do it. try and get in a big city/somewhere with activities that match your interests (mountains etc). be ready for the other teachers to make you their bitch but throw yourself into everything you can - don't play the loner card like i did. travel heaps as well.

I won't be at a university as I will have graduated and I'll be helping teach kids 18 and below. So, at least at the beginning, I won't really have an outlet to meet people.

I studied in France for a while before and really enjoyed it. My host family was really great - not in it for the money at all, awesome meals every night, two rooms and a bathroom to myself, and more. I was studying on a French campus, but it was a program run through my university. I didn't know any of them before going, but we all went to the same school so it was pretty easy to make friends and have fun. I won't really have either of these things though unfortunately.

Still, I plan on seeing my professor on Monday about applying. I don't have any better prospects for post college and while I'd like to go to grad school at some point, I don't really know what I want to study. Unless some other amazing opportunity comes up, I know I would regret not doing this...even if it does turn out poorly. In any case, it won't hurt to apply.

money game stressful.

Turning 23 this sunday and while thats still pretty young, its sort of stressing me out because i still have no fucking clue as to what it is exactly that i want to do with my life. I'm watching all of my friends dive into careers right now and even though its been pretty apparent since day one, it just hit me that i cant keep up much longer with these two low paying ass jobs.

I'm going to just get on that grind for the next few months at the jobs i do have (seeing as some people out there can't even find one job and i have two) until i figure something out hopefully by the end of the year.

i have no problem with working my ass off, i just need to find that one steady 9-5 that pays more than minimum wage lol

Edited by dovo

Fucking hate my neighbours right now. I've been working quite late this week and all I've got when coming back is people relaying to throw parties around my flat. The worst thing is that I'm the one passing for an old fuck for wanting to be able to sleep when I'm exhausted.

Ah yeah, and walls are paper thin.

Really haven't stuck to my diet the last few weeks. I haven't been eating enough to gain weight, but I'm definitely not losing any. I really need to buckle down these next few weeks before winter break.

@ADH92 Hope your dad gets better man

Really haven't stuck to my diet the last few weeks. I haven't been eating enough to gain weight, but I'm definitely not losing any. I really need to buckle down these next few weeks before winter break.

@ADH92 Hope your dad gets better man

it's thanksgiving man, it's all good to be glutinous for a few days, no one is perfect.

adh, sorry to hear that man, my best wishes to him. if you ever need to talk you know where to find me.

My dad is going into surgery for prostate cancer on Wednesday. I had avoided reading about it for as long as possible, but I broke down and spent an hour or so reading about the procedure, mortality rates, and reoccurrence rates. I can't help but freak out...it didn't feel real until now.

My father had multiple myeloma and they said he would only live for 6 months. He was able to live for another 5 years but it was a damn tough 5 years. Cancer is no joke. All the best with your dad's surgery.