superconfessional

1. I wish I could convince all these companies that my college degree means something and that they should at least give me an interview. Because the less I hear from the companies the more I feel like my education is totally worthless and it turns my passion/career choice into something I get depressed about. Entrance-into-real-world-college-bubble-burst is a lot harder than I thought. Just want that motivation back.

2. I just want someone to tell me I can meet people off of OKCupid or some shit like that. Or that single girls go to movies by themselves also.

Guest Methimphibian
I just want someone to tell me I can meet people off of OKCupid or some shit like that. Or that single girls go to movies by themselves also.

not happening, it seems as of late several males I know have been trying the online dating thing. I tried it myself recently - plentyoffish, okcupid etc. etc. didn't get a single legit reply and i'm a pretty normal/decent looking guy. I've come to the realization that cute single girls simply do not need to ever use online dating in their life. if a woman is attractive all she has to do is visit a starbucks or a bar and she'll get approached often enough. i reccomend just visiting your local pub/bar, but continue occasionally approaching women in typical public places to broaden the cache.

every story i hear from friends is how crazy the girls are that engage in online dating. im assuming all the sane ones do better in real life, as mentioned above. if you are just looking to get laid, it can be a good avenue but for a real relationship, focus elsewhere.

i'm bored as fuck. ain't got no friends. i live on the countryside. got so much steez. don't know who to show it. my apc lined khaki parka arrived yesterday. it's half a size too big but fit is awesome anyways. wish i could wear it somewhere.

not happening, it seems as of late several males I know have been trying the online dating thing. I tried it myself recently - plentyoffish, okcupid etc. etc. didn't get a single legit reply and i'm a pretty normal/decent looking guy. I've come to the realization that cute single girls simply do not need to ever use online dating in their life. if a woman is attractive all she has to do is visit a starbucks or a bar and she'll get approached often enough. i reccomend just visiting your local pub/bar, but continue occasionally approaching women in typical public places to broaden the cache.
This right here. I've met more beautiful and intelligent women simply approaching them in coffee shops or bars (restaurants even better). Sometimes when I'm bored and sitting at home I'll take a stroll to a restaurant to grab a bite to eat, and bring a book along. I've met girls simply by virtue of the fact that I'm a guy out in the city, comfortable with being by myself. It's usually easier to meet women alone than when you're with a group - probably because you're more approachable/less intimidating to be approached by (no friends catcalling or judging, etc) - so don't be afraid to head out solo. And if you fail to meet anyone, hey, you've had a great meal and got some reading done, so you're not exactly down on the evening. Also, if you're ever thinking "Oh, that bartender probably gets hit on all the time so I shouldn't say anything." Think again. Waitresses, bartenders, etc. All human. Do they get hit on a lot? Probably. Do they say no a lot? Probably. Do they say yes sometimes? Definitely.

Save plentyoffish for when you're 50 and divorced.

(edit - do i need to clarify that i read books when i'm not trying to meet women too? come on, fuck)

Edited by broneck

All the homies are out with their harlots doin shit couples do and shit. That leaves me home alone tonight with a box of pizza, a six pack, a bottle of jager, and my personal favorite, a bottle of wild turkey. (you know that single guy in the group life)

Basedgod himself once said, "scoobadeedoobop, where my bitches?!" well Lil b, ill tell you where they ain't.

bought to gobble myself into a drunken slumber.

Wound up saying Fuck that ^^^ After reading this

Introspective rant/general advice directed at anyone wondering why they can't get their shit together:

A while ago I posted a lamentation about how I don't seem to sleep with anyone I give a shit about anymore. Since becoming single I've probably slept with more girls in a 4 month time-period than I have in the past 5 years or so. Some of these girls were really gorgeous and incredible people...others decidedly less so (let's be frank, this sometimes comes with the territory of wasted 4 AM hook ups). In any event, I've noticed a pattern emerging: ultimately, I don't maintain much positive contact with the ones I find myself interested in beyond the confines of drunken booty-calls.

Having not really been single for a very long time, I've had no problem figuring out how to get back in the swing of getting laid, but I'm really having trouble maintaining anything beyond that - even just seeing a girl on a casual basis.

I've recently started living with a new crew of people, one of whom is the lead singer of a fairly successful band. Over the past few months I've watched this guy turn down more 10s than I care to remember. This makes sense - he's a frontman, and sings really catchy emotionally charged songs that make women fall in love with him while he's on stage. But after all's said and done, once he's off stage he's just a normal guy like any other. So I found myself asking "what the fuck?!"

But at the same time, he's not really a normal guy. He doesn't just listen to music, he absorbs and carefully considers music. When he's not actively writing music, he's exploring new instruments and ways to make old ones sound new. He refinishes old and unlvoed guitars and makes them beautiful again. He consumes culture voraciously, be it literature, art, photography or film. He delves into the history of his interests. And in being thoughtful, well read, cultured and storied, he becomes impressive to listen to off-stage as well as on.

It made me realize that I'm probably apearing less and less impressive to the opposite sex than I've ever been before because I actually am a much less impressive human being than i've ever been before. When I was in school, my focus was almost entirely on bettering myself as a person: learning, stretching my brain, putting a pen to paper or standing on a stage and actually having a forum for ideas that I could at least partly call my own. Regardless of whether or not this is as impressive as being a singer and songwriter, it nonetheless was something I could be proud of. I was good at debating, good at undermining people's logic, good at making points and delivering them in a unique way. I was happy with myself and my contribution to the general betterment of my school and peers, and I can't help but think that a large part of the confidence i had with girls was due to the fact that i could look at myself and be fairly impressed with what looked back.

fast forward 3 years, and i'm out of school and properly single for the first time in ages. over the past few weeks, i've tried to figure out why the ability to carry on a relationship with a girl i'm crazy about has fallen off so fucking drastically. i've finally concluded that it's because i haven't done anything to really make myself better as a person since i've gotten out of school. i've maintained some things (for example, I haven't allowed myself to rapidly expand to the typical fat-guy desk jockey i definitely could have), but i certainly haven't improved much. in school i was passionate about what i learned, what i believed in, and that passion stayed with me everywhere. now, i work a job i hate from monday to friday, drink my weekend away, and start all over again. any passion i had has been strangled by apathy, and at the end of the day i have less and less ability to converse with intelligent women not because i'm any less intelligent, but because i literally have nothing new to say.

if i see a boring turd when i look at myself, what the fuck must the women i'm interested in see?

which brings us to advice that hopefully i will take myself. if you find yourself in a spot like i am - frustrated with your inability to maintain anything worth maintaining - fuck all the shit we talk on here about playing games, about waiting to text, about how to make sure you keep an upper hand. be a better person. pick up a new book. learn a new instrument. discover a piece of art you didn't know , fall in love with it, and learn everything you can about the artist. teach yourself to sew, or ski, or anything you didn't know how to do before. keep learning new things, constantly. take a risk you wouldn't have taken last year. do something you're passionate about. good things will happen.

ps. this is officially my gayest post ever.

Edited by dovo

i was in spain at the bottom of that mountain next to that cable-car station to go on top and there was a statue of jesus. i decided to chill next to it and realized there was euro coins on it. i decided to take the big ones and later bought beers with it.

i mean... someone has to take the coins so other people can put new coins right ?

also, first post of 2012, so, happy new year.

Edited by freecat

Girl I've been chatting with texts me, asks "hypothetically" if she became single, would I be interested. I answer, not wanted her to break up with her bf because of me, later explains that her relationship is really shaky right now, and she don't see things working out for much longer.

I think I'm a prearranged rebound? =/