superconfessional

you guys realize most of your attitudes towards sex are just carryovers from abrahamic religion stigma, right?

i'm all about having self respect but that shouldn't be confused with notions about "purity"

From what I've read (I don't actually know shit about zoology/biology so stop me if I'm wrong), the concept of pair-bonding is actually a biologicial moral innate to human beings and is crucial to our success a a species. I guess following that reasoning it's actually perfectly acceptable to look down on sluts.

Edited by okonomi

From what I've read (I don't actually know shit about zoology/biology so stop me if I'm wrong), the concept of pair-bonding is actually a biologicial moral innate to human beings and is crucial to our success a a species. I guess following that reasoning it's actually perfectly acceptable to look down on sluts.

1. there are many different kinds of pair bonding

2. no one kind is universal

3. morals and science are two different things

your thought is very similar to this logic:

"it is acceptable to look down on homosexuals because heterosexuality is crucial to the success of the human species"

you are dumb as hell learn some neuroscience dog all inate shit is just addictive tendencies that have been programmed into our brain because we are the descendents of people who survived the iceage and have their genetic coding. the current neurotransmitter system in our brain is completely arbitrary and only exists because it enabled survival of the iceage. Dopamine is important for various reasons but an important one is the addiction potential and the pavlovian training that comes with it.

you guys realize any desire to have sex is just caused by a dopamine release at the thought of more DA and endogenous opiods being released (placebo effect) during sexual intercourse because of various nerve/nerve endings being stimulated along with internal synthesis of these chemical messengers to coincide with the sex and/or ejaculation? you guys realize that we are programmed in such a way that sex is programmed to being addictive because it involves the release of DA and is/was necessary for the survival of our species? thus sex makes people do irrational things aka chemical dependence

same goes for eating eating food is not needed

Edited by pieiskewl

I consider myself to have fairly open views on sex. But, my reaction when I heard what my friend had done was "Gross. You were so concerned about getting off you didn't care that there was another guy there?"

Now, others here might not agree with me, but to me a woman that would do that is pretty damn slutty (and before you criticize my opinion, what would you think of her if you found out your wife or mother was the DP queen in college and took on cocks two at a time?). And the guys? They're pretty fucking crude if they don't care that there's another guy in the room, and just want to fuck.

I'm not some religious prude who thinks sex is just for marriage and is always about love. But to me the MMF threesome takes the random "I just want to get off" sex encounter to a whole different level.

I don't understand your distinction between a mmf encounter and a mff encounter. Assuming that everyone involved is consenting and it is approached safely I can't imagine why any of it matters at all. I think when you assume that your friend "didn't care that there was another guy there" you're really projecting your own feelings onto the situation, because for all you know your friend could have homosexual desires. Additionally, if it was a mff situation would that legitimize the actions of your friend or would he be a slut for getting with two girls at once? Using the word slut only further decelerates the advancement of equality between genders...

I don't understand your distinction between a mmf encounter and a mff encounter. Assuming that everyone involved is consenting and it is approached safely I can't imagine why any of it matters at all. I think when you assume that your friend "didn't care that there was another guy there" you're really projecting your own feelings onto the situation, because for all you know your friend could have homosexual desires. Additionally, if it was a mff situation would that legitimize the actions of your friend or would he be a slut for getting with two girls at once? Using the word slut only further decelerates the advancement of equality between genders...

i guess if a woman gets off on being degraded it's cool. I just imagine that 9 times out of 10 MMF situations are two hockey players railing a drunk puck bunny for sport, and so they can make fun of her later.

not to say that MFF's don't end in storytelling later, but it seems less degrading to all parties involved for some reason...less so than stuffing some chick to the point of lunacy and then high fiving later.

your thought is very similar to this logic:

"it is acceptable to look down on homosexuals because heterosexuality is crucial to the success of the human species"

I was really just being flippant with that post, but I would say homosexuality has been a positive for our species. It could be seen as satisfying our copulative desire in a way that won't harm the reproductive pair bond. (I obviously don't know what the fuck I'm talking about here so please don't take me seriously if this is offensive in some way).

thus sex makes people do irrational things aka chemical dependence

Man that's actually a sort of comforting summation. Gotta remember that next time I get hurt feelings or something.

Edited by okonomi

just got my first red light ticket but I don't have 75 dollars

WHAT. Its like $400 in Los Angeles. $75 is a cellphone ticket. Shit I just got a $50 parking ticket a couple days ago.

WHAT. Its like $400 in Los Angeles. $75 is a cellphone ticket. Shit I just got a $50 parking ticket a couple days ago.

not sure what red light fine is in western australia but the fine for touching/using any electronic device while driving is $250 straight up. more than low level drink driving fines. tells you a lot about the cultural priorities here.

edit: 100 posts woooo

Edited by philosophiliac

not sure what red light fine is in western australia but the fine for touching/using any electronic device that's not attached to the dash while driving is $250 straight up. more than low level drink driving fines. tells you a lot about the cultural priorities here.

edit: 100 posts woooo

so you aren't allowed to change your radio station once you started your trip?

australia be trippin :D

apologies, corrected. if you've mounted your gps or whatever in one of those cradles suckered onto the dash/windscreen then you can use it. friend of mine got fined for driving along, eyes on the road, cycling through her ipod on shuffle until she found a song she liked. shit is ridiculous

I share a computer with someone at work and we have our own little office. I just found out that our desk was moved out because I've been accused of and supposedly "caught" doing my hw on the job. The guy I share a desk with does his hw there off the clock but the motherfucker never closes anything or shuts the computer down. I come in the next morning and his project was up on one of my screens so i just left it there. HR guy walks in and sees it on the screen asks me "whats that" and I just say oh something the other du was working on. I guess he didn't believe me. Second time i just had my school email open waiting for an email from my advisor regrading classes . wasn't open on the screen it was just there in a tab.

What bothers me is that this happened awhile ago and both of the dudes who "caught" me have been smiling in my face acting like every things cool. telling me oh man good job we like what your doing keep it up. Why didn't they just straight up tell me so I could let them know what was going on or have a say in this shit. Now that i think about it, they've been sending a spy in on me but every time he came in, i was doing what i supposed to be doing so maybe that will help me. But he would joke around and act all chummy.

Fuck that. I want to confront them but I don't know if id be fuckin up in doing so. I haven't been there that long and quit my other job for this because I didn't want two jobs and an 18 unit semester. I kind of want to just let them know if they think I'm doing something wrong for them to tell me and not have some du in the office tell me oh they moved our desk cause they caught you grapevine type shit.

I don't know what the fuck to do. I thought everything was going well. now I'm guy they have to keep an eye on. And ill always be that guy because now that ill be moved they'll say oh well of course he's not getting caught because were watching him.

Fake ass (n)words.

edit: and oh on a side note, i know this is impossible because i always wait to do my hw the night before its due usually starting around 10pm because i'm on that procrastination tip. so i'm nowhere near work when i start my hw.

Fuck. I should of stayed in retail.

Edited by dovo

I consider myself to have fairly open views on sex. But, my reaction when I heard what my friend had done was "Gross. You were so concerned about getting off you didn't care that there was another guy there?"

Now, others here might not agree with me, but to me a woman that would do that is pretty damn slutty (and before you criticize my opinion, what would you think of her if you found out your wife or mother was the DP queen in college and took on cocks two at a time?). And the guys? They're pretty fucking crude if they don't care that there's another guy in the room, and just want to fuck.

I'm not some religious prude who thinks sex is just for marriage and is always about love. But to me the MMF threesome takes the random "I just want to get off" sex encounter to a whole different level.

Wow, I would've never thought that people on SuFu would have such archaic and misogynistic views on sexuality. You're from the midwest, huh??

Edited by 5-4=Unity

getting rejected for fucking unpaid internships is so soul-grinding, man.

i feel so fake whenever i'm in these interviews. most of the time, i have no clue what these dudes are saying. i wanna learn, but these banks are giving me no chance. free fucking help. what the fuck.

it's so discouraging, man. i try to stay positive and keep going, but i'm getting shot down at every turn. i don't like to read too much into things, but all signs point to a career not in finance.

finna not meet any expectations.

Edited by ohsnap

^ that's at an investment bank?

if so, it's not because they don't want free help, it's because they don't want you around

don't give up yet though, aim lower at boutiques and network

when something doesn't work out at first try again, if it still doesn't work out try harder and if it doesn't work out at all try something else

Edited by boy better know

I hold myself back relentlessly, continually dig myself into the same holes, and set myself up for failure the same ways every single fucking time, and I'm too stupid to learn from it and fix it. I excel in a handful of ways, I just wish I could apply that discipline and creativity to just a couple other areas of my life. Things would be so much better for me, and I would be so much happier if I could / would.