superconfessional

Anyways.. haven't been this happy in... well... ever.

I don't know how I'm supposed to handle this. When anything always getting good for me, I get really worried something terrible is going to happen.

You know.. the whole balance of the universe.. ying-yang.. blah blah

revel in that shit b, life is good and you deserve it.

I work in a chemistry lab and routinely fart whenever I need to, thinking that all the fumes from all the chemicals will cover it up and fume hoods will suck it all up. But yesterday I someone else farted and I realized that the fart smell is very distinctive.

Gotta stop farting now...

girls are fucking trouble.

I hate feeling like shit, knowing eventually I won't feel like shit. It also bugs me that maybe I don't actually feel as shitty as I think and I am convincing myself that I should be upset. I can't tell. Too much thinking.

bottom line:

you can't pack up your shit, move away, fuck some dude three weeks later, tell me and then tell me right after you want me back.

giving up on my philosophy minor. it was interesting at first but now it's just tedious as hell and not that enlightening. this philosophy of mind class is terrible just 2 more essays and I'm free, really don't even care what my grade on them is. i'll probably do a math minor instead.

Been hanging out with this girl I met for almost 4 weeks now and we both are into one another...want to take it to the next level in terms of a relationship but I'm hesitant. She got out of a bad relationship several months ago and so I'm unsure whether to somewhat "force the situation" or just see where things go naturally.

i have a friend who majored in philosophy and is now at grad school doing information sciences. like can help for law school or w.e. too i guess, i feel like it really depends on the school's philosophy department. helps with writing and thinking i suppose

why would anyone major in philosophy. I just don't understand it. I'd be super interested in how people think it applies or is worth the investment.

I have one friend who was just really interested in it and ended up getting a Ph. D in Philosophy. Now she is an assistant prof at Tufts which seems to be a pretty good gig. She teaches a couple classes and gets to spend most of her time reading shit she's into.

How it applies outside of a school setting I have no idea.

I got a text last night from a girl i've been sleeping with. she said "Can I come over? I want to make love."

I was so freaked out I told her I couldn't cuz I had to work in the morning. :confused:

Hahaha that sucks. I've never even heard that come out of anyone I've dated/fucked.

why would anyone major in philosophy. I just don't understand it. I'd be super interested in how people think it applies or is worth the investment.

A friend of mine dual-majored in compsci engineering and philosophy. I had another double-major in math/philosophy. I knew another guy who was a philosophy major but then went on to work in heavy database coding. Philosophy seems to go hand-in-hand with hard sciences, I'm assuming the existential and logical aspect appeals to a lot of techy guys.

I have one friend who was just really interested in it and ended up getting a Ph. D in Philosophy. Now she is an assistant prof at Tufts which seems to be a pretty good gig. She teaches a couple classes and gets to spend most of her time reading shit she's into.

How it applies outside of a school setting I have no idea.

Pretty much this. Most people study it (including myself, though i dont plan on making a career of it) because it is something that interests them. Reading, writing and teaching is pretty much what it gets you.. so if that's your thing...

A friend of mine dual-majored in compsci engineering and philosophy. I had another double-major in math/philosophy. I knew another guy who was a philosophy major but then went on to work in heavy database coding. Philosophy seems to go hand-in-hand with hard sciences, I'm assuming the existential and logical aspect appeals to a lot of techy guys.

I'm majoring in biophysics and was going to minor in philosophy. but it turns out I'm not as interested in it as I thought. I'd rather be studying science. i actually enjoy reading biochem. I have to force myself to read philosophy.

I think people undervalue philosophy. logic/ethics/aesthetics are all major components of philosophy and all are pretty valuable to big business/law/government. I don't think people can get by 'thinking' like Plato and the other old dudes that phil majors spend their time reading. But I think it is possible to utilize the degree in other useful ways.