superconfessional

One confession tho is that I've been spending way too much money on random shit lately.

Any cool foods, knick knacks, candles, a clock I buy are pretty cheap but that shit adds up and it's gonna fuck me up when I really need money.

Can't find a video link, so a description will have to work.

Supertroopers scene, Dimpus Burger.

Farva asks Ramathorn what he's gonna do when the Highway patrol gets shut down. Thorny starts seriously talking about his plans for the future, then Farva cuts him off and starts saying what he's gonna do, including buying a 10 million dollar car.

The look on Thorny's face.

I can appreciate that.

"I'd still give ya a ticket".

I used to have like 10 CC's, gold, platinum, all those pretty colors but black... one day they all expired at more or less the same time, i never reapplied for any of them.

I hate credit cards.

I feel NO love or obligation for CC companies. I've paid my share of interest and then some, and yea...I know I incurred the debt funding MY purchases, but they've also cut benefits and increased interest rates over the last couple years. I'll pay what I owe, no doubt, but I'm not ever gonna make it easy on them.

dad walks in wearing his cardigan and tighty whiteys, holding a newspaper and pipe: okok, dont ever think you not paying your bills on time is going to effect a large bank or cc company. sure if everyone doesnt pay at once they will feel it. but honestly to these companies we are nothing but a bunch of numbers at the end of the day (matrix) and the only one you really screwing over is yourself when you go to make a larger purchase like a car or house. now if you plan to go completely off the grid then eff the cc companies.

dunkin - I definitely know what you're saying, and I think I maybe mis-spoke or insinuated incorrectly that that was my intent...wasn't really, well initially anyways. More that I was just admitting to being an idiot. I don't feel personally bad they have to wait for my peasant CC payment, but all I'm doing is fucking myself with fees and possible dings to my credit anyhow. Paid it today btw.

I know...and I don't even feel bad about it. I do plenty of irresponsible shit, but I have to just get refocused and get it paid. Fuck, if anything I should just make the effort to pay off my CC debt. Right now is the best opportunity I'll prob ever have to do it.

if u really wanna fuck with them u can always go in with your cc and tell the teller you wanna make a payment on it

better yet just go in with a valid id, tell em u got a cc that needs to be paid and have them look that shit up and do it for you

if u got an account with them u don't even have to bring cash. tell them to take it out of ur account and pay the cc with that. they'll do all the work

my gyal found out today her mom has breast cancer. this is one of the hardest things I've had to navigate emotionally/rationally in my life. fuck, I haven't even lost a family member in my lifetime -- worst loss was putting down my doggy. anyone have any advice on how to properly console/give support? I'm for once at a total loss on what to do...

I am dreading this as well. I have only lost pets.

I think just being a good listener is essential. The most important thing I think is to know how to be rational and when to just let someone grieve unadulterated. I don't know if that makes any sense but I imagine it in the following way

"I am going to be sad forever and nothing will make me happy again"

rational: "clearly you'll be ok eventually it just takes time dont worry"

comforting: "its ok, I understand"

this is one of those times when you usually don't post because it sounds stupid, but maybe you'll get my jive.

just gotta be on your game more than they are on their game so you can help them. it'll come naturally

yeah definitely understand what you're saying. my worry is that everything I'll say is like overly cold and calculated. but really I'm even catching emotions from this, just met her parents recently and really hit it off, and so this news is hard for me to take, especially given my lack of experience in family deaths/health issues, not that more experience necessarily makes it easier... i just want to be as supportive as i can

just be honest girls eat that shit up

say you're not used to illness/deaths and u wanna help and be there and be supportive and shit but don't know how having not much experience

but say if they need someone to help pick up groceries, drive to doctor or hospital appointments they can count on you..little stuff matters

also helps if ur good at conversating and lightening mood even when it's depressing shit

just be honest girls eat that shit up

say you're not used to illness/deaths and u wanna help and be there and be supportive and shit but don't know how having not much experience

but say if they need someone to help pick up groceries, drive to doctor or hospital appointments they can count on you..little stuff matters

also helps if ur good at conversating and lightening mood even when it's depressing shit

like this dude said. i would try my best to help out as much as possible even with little things. always ask if there's anything you can do to help with anything. she'll really appreciate it and notice the effort.

yo, maybe I wasn't clear, but I'm past the mystery secrete game peacock tactics wack ass phase in my life, that shit's just unnecessary and designed for failures. as a person I'd like to just be sincere in everything I do, but I'm just at a loss since this is some real shit I've never processed before. this is not about me getting this girl to like me, this isn't about doing the right thing to get me laid via consolation, I just want to be able to say something comforting despite having no words.

perhaps this is why I never ask for advice, I always reject it when I get it. I'll do ma own thang and hopefully it will work out for the better. thanks

lotta people with cancer in my circle of extended family and friends

imo just say comforting shit but don't smother. when your close family has cancer you got enough to deal with when 5 uncle whothefucks come out of hiding to call and tell you how much they care.. best you can do is just say the normal stuff or let her focus on other things. if she wants to spill emotions she will.

and never be the cold realist. at the funeral the cold realist is given deathstares (pause)