superconfessional

Was gonna tell one of the workers but by that time he was gone. He knew I was following him around trying to watch him. He was putting the bottles into his inner jacket pockets.

And don't get me wrong, I wasn't just like oh whatever not my problem. I feel really bad, which is why I came to superconfessional, father.

Was gonna tell one of the workers but by that time he was gone. He knew I was following him around trying to watch him. He was putting the bottles into his inner jacket pockets.

And don't get me wrong, I wasn't just like oh whatever not my problem. I feel really bad, which is why I came to superconfessional, father.

You feel bad that you stood by and did nothing about some one shoplifting? and from Trader Joes? That company is owned by Aldi, they're fucking outrageously well off. Who cares? Shoplifting is not in my list of "can't stand by and let that happen" things. I might feel bad in a mom and pop shop but at a big box store I have no problem with other people stealing. (I would never steal myself not because I think its wrong but because I wouldnt want to deal with repercussions) if that guy is willing to risk legal trouble to get some bottles of Vodka, I wish him the best.

...from Trader Joes? That company is owned by Aldi, they're fucking outrageously well off. Who cares?
don't snitch

I think sycamore's playground rules make more sense than "they are rich so stealing is ok."

All businesses at some point were small mom'n'pop shops so at what point does it become morally right or excusable or justifiable to steal? When they are publicly traded? When they reach X amount of profit?

You could have said that private property is a feature of the wretched capitalist system and you are trying to subvert it one theft at a time.

Why can't stealing just be wrong* and people not find ways trying to justify it.

*except maybe for life and death situations such as during natural disasters

Well not so much that I felt bad for Trader Joes, but the guy looked like a douchebag younger version of Gene Simmons. Sunglasses on in the store, greasy looking hair, ugly suit, trying to look inconspicuous by talking on the phone acting like he was picking things up for whoever was on the other side of the line.

Now can someone else post a good confession so that we don't have to argue about the morality of stealing.

Now can someone else post a good confession so that we don't have to argue about the morality of stealing.

i once had sex in the handicap bathroom at a movie theater...

Why can't stealing just be wrong* and people not find ways trying to justify it.

I think you'll find that the correct term is "looting" (if you're black).

loote.jpg

I'm too old for this shit.

Mom: "Fasting starts tomorrow"

Me: "I'm not doing it...I'm going to lose the little weight I've struggled to put on"

Mom: "WE'RE NOT ARGUING WITH GOD"

Is it wrong that I want this last month of summer to go by as quickly as possible? I fucking hate Ramadan.

I think sycamore's playground rules make more sense than "they are rich so stealing is ok."

All businesses at some point were small mom'n'pop shops so at what point does it become morally right or excusable or justifiable to steal? When they are publicly traded? When they reach X amount of profit?

You could have said that private property is a feature of the wretched capitalist system and you are trying to subvert it one theft at a time.

I completely disagree. Because nothing is just wrong, there is always a grey area, and in this case, that grey area is that that guy stealing vodka from an enormous corporation is not going to affect them in any way. where as that guy stealing from a small mom and pop shop might risk the proprietors livelihood and there in become more than just simple theft. I don't think it needs to become political. It's kind of like......"if I saw a guy throw a rock at a battleship, I wouldn't care...but if I saw a guy throw a rock at a car I would" not because I think the battleship is an apparatus of a criminal military but because it is just not going to be affected by a rock, where as the car would.

It seems like you are just looking for the discipline of absolutes.I don't really agree with the don't snitch concept....there are things I would completely 100% snitch on...and you can ask the same question "at what point does something become snitch-worthy?"

everything is open to interpretation, and in my interpretation, stealing from a huge corporation isn't a big deal at all.

edit: I don't completely disagree with you, I see where you are coming from...I was just clearing up that I wasn't arguing for classist based theft, rather reasonable acceptance of theft as collateral damage of the captolist system we live in that should be accepted within reason. with myself thinking that stealing some booze from a big corporation is within reason.

I completely disagree. Because nothing is just wrong, there is always a grey area, and in this case, that grey area is that that guy stealing vodka from an enormous corporation is not going to affect them in any way. where as that guy stealing from a small mom and pop shop might risk the proprietors livelihood and there in become more than just simple theft. I don't think it needs to become political. It's kind of like......"if I saw a guy throw a rock at a battleship, I wouldn't care...but if I saw a guy throw a rock at a car I would" not because I think the battleship is an apparatus of a criminal military but because it is just not going to be affected by a rock, where as the car would.

It seems like you are just looking for the discipline of absolutes.I don't really agree with the don't snitch concept....there are things I would completely 100% snitch on...and you can ask the same question "at what point does something become snitch-worthy?"

everything is open to interpretation, and in my interpretation, stealing from a huge corporation isn't a big deal at all.

edit: I don't completely disagree with you, I see where you are coming from...I was just clearing up that I wasn't arguing for classist based theft, rather reasonable acceptance of theft as collateral damage of the captolist system we live in that should be accepted within reason. with myself thinking that stealing some booze from a big corporation is within reason.

Grey area? cmon man. You sound like you have no clue how business works. Stealing is a beta thing to do.

Eh, I know that happens, but it still doesn't justify it for me. If anything, costs associated with theft (padded margins, security, loss prevention, etc) add to the price of goods normal customers have to pay because people steal. We're starting to split hairs on the details, but imo the concept itself is just wrong. I've always felt you should earn your own and pay for what you take.

^what an irrelevant post.

no ones saying they wouldn't steal to survive if they were starving

stealing is wrong get that through your head. i used to steal a lot i came to realize that it was a horrible idea and i didn't have to.

edit: what a two irrelevant posts. though probably good on you for deleting the other one.

If our personal needs exceed the idea of right and wrong, who the fuck caresssss~~~

This thought process is everything that is wrong with humanity, and has been the basis for every horrible, terrible thing done in this world.

maybe I should elaborate. If my personal "desires", let's not confuse them with "needs" cause that's exactly what we're talking about, lead me to empty your bank account against your wishes, you're cool with that, right?

nah, we're not talking about that. Stealing to survive is FAR outside what's being discussed. We're talking about stealing to fuel a desire, not a need. Nobody NEEDS booze (maybe Mharcl), or a tee shirt, or a CD. You can't use stealing to satisfy a need as the basis to evaluate the morality of satisfying a want.

I completely see your point in discussing core needs and getting what you need to survive. I have 2 boys, and I'd take anything I needed to feed them if I couldn't provide, no doubt. Just making the distinction between needs and wants is super important to me.