superconfessional

what you can't buy jeans when you're vegan ?

seriously the only vegan i ever encountered are people who only talk about that and how it changed their lives and how you're an ass for eating meat and wearing leather. having an opinion on something doesn't mean everyone needs to have the same you fuckin fascist.

"so, do you like animals ?"

"yeah, a lot, with bbq sauce !"

I'm probably going to go vegan for a girl and I think I'll miss buying jeans the most.

Yo man, don't ever change who you are for a girl or anyone. Just eat meat consciously, free range, wild caught, no beef (if that's your thing), etc. Let her know you respect what you eat and you do your part, but going vegan for a girl is kinda ridic.

no hate.

well maybe a bit of dickish-ness but,

is there a vegan guidebook?

I thought being vegan was about the food you ate but it always seems to come across so outlandish. You aren't eating your jeanz right? Virtually everything we consume damages the earth in some way along the production cycle - especially computers. (I say virtually because I can't actually say with confidence that ALL products, but I assume its pretty close to all products.)

The metal on the zippers/buttons have to be created from plastic or metal, either has a negative footprint on the environment blah blah blah

/pointless rant

I really agree with OkayOkay. My gf is vegetarian and it made me reduce my meat intake and eat more consciously. Don't change for other people, but it definitely isn't a bad thing if people open you up to personal growth. Just buy one or two pairs of denim instead of 10 (if that's your thing). I think conscious consumption goes along way - not just for eating.

i have been in a crazy nostalgic mood all day today kinda weird because it was triggered by a pop star death,

i don't usually give a fuck about celebrity or even massive tragedy if i don't know the people involved, and i have not been a fan of pop music since i was a little kid.

someone played me back to black before i had heard of her or it, easy since i didn't have a tv and didn't read gossip mags.

the album spoke to me as it was a time in my life when i was unintentionally making a habit of being the other woman.

so now every choice i made at the time is running through my head again.

seriously the only vegan i ever encountered are people who only talk about that and how it changed their lives and how you're an ass for eating meat and wearing leather. having an opinion on something doesn't mean everyone needs to have the same you fuckin fascist.

nah I actually knew a real cool vegan. other than being hot she was down with people eating and wearing whatever we liked. went to Chipotle and shit with us, tried on my friends fox stole, worked part time at a deli...so weird for being a Vegan but never ate or wore animal/diary products.

edit: can't be that cool because it seems we aren't friends on facebook anymore...

ha. I know a couple vegans and they never really talk about it. I live around a bunch of hippies and shit so sometimes People are super vocal about being anti-animal products or whatever, but most of the time no one cares.

People that are straight edge seem to be worse.

nah I actually knew a real cool vegan. other than being hot she was down with people eating and wearing whatever we liked. went to Chipotle and shit with us, tried on my friends fox stole, worked part time at a deli...so weird for being a Vegan but never ate or wore animal/diary products.

edit: can't be that cool because it seems we aren't friends on facebook anymore...

i'm still to meet cool vegan and straightedge people who don't talk about it all the time. but i'm open to that really. maybe it's because vegans represent a lesser percentage of the population in france so they think they're über special while they're completly not.

Is it actually even possible to be vegan? So many products have animal byproducts in them, or are made by a process that uses animal byproducts. I expect that nearly everything on the earth has a chain that can be traced back to a point where it used something from an animal, even if it was down to the transport that delivered it (probably driven by a non vegan...)

goddamn leather patches, i can never wear jeans by n(n) :(

i'm vegan but i don't really ever bring it up--in fact, i go out to eat with friends all the time and thus far it's never really impeded a good time. however, my friends do love to torment me when introducing me to people just to see me wince while i'm bombarded with all the same fuckin questions

Broke up with my girlfriend of about 2 years couple weeks back. It's for the better, and I realize that, so i'm not all that bummed about it.

It's just all this shit happened at once, I also lost my job, the startup that me and my friends attempted is faltering.

I always thought I could keep it in check, knew I had a problem. But i've consistently gotten drunk every damn day for the past month or so. Like a bottle of Jack every night as I lay in bed watching movies. I get horrible sleep, I feel depressed. Feel like nothings going for me...

Wont lie, ive definitely thought about killing myself, but I know its ridiculous. Im gonna seek therapy

Man, I know you're not having a good time, but basically, this:

1) you're like 20-22? You haven't even lived a third or maybe even a quarter of your life, so killing yourself is frankly kind of el oh el on the weakest tip

2) From your posts, I'm pretty sure therapy isn't going to help man - you don't listen to anybody. People were telling you to break up with that girl like last year, as a consistent daily thing. Listen to what people are telling you, they're not trying to drive you off the cliff.

In the same vein, don't take up drinking as a solution to your problems - take it from somebody who has been there.

3) You should go read Norwegian Wood and find the line where he says 'people who feel sorry for themselves are assholes' .... Go have your sympathy drink, read your post again, and then go on cnn and look at the pictures of those 90 some dead people in Norway or something. You thought you were having it bad? Please.

Reaching the point of suicide means you are now at a point where you can do ANYTHING with your life. Just drop shit and go and do the thing you've most wanted to do, but had too many things holding you back. If you were prepared to end it all, who cares about anything else? Ditch everyone you know, your possessions, your obligations etc and move to Spain and become a bullfighter - however it goes has gotta be better than being dead, right?

also, Mharcl, I'm gonna leave your quote up there so maybe you'll come across it in like 5 years, and you can look back on it and see how you're sounding right now.

summary of your problems-

"broke up with girlfriend"

"i drink a lot"

"I lost my job and the other money making venture i was doing isn't doing so well"

If the rest of the world's population offed themselves for those kinds of reasons, we'd have nobody left on earth over age 25 or so.