superconfessional

just be a hostess, shouldn't be hard at all for you to find a job as one. you already look like one so i mean play the part like you were fucking destined to.

This is the second time I've been fired, out of all the three jobs I've had. I have the good fortune to be shit-awful at nearly everything, so I really have no clue what I'm going to do. (although I'm awful at everything, I think too highly of myself to work in fast food...)

Haploid, I am unsure about how one looks like a hostess, but that doesn't sound like a bad idea.

This is the second time I've been fired, out of all the three jobs I've had. I have the good fortune to be shit-awful at nearly everything, so I really have no clue what I'm going to do. (although I'm awful at everything, I think too highly of myself to work in fast food...)

Haploid, I am unsure about how one looks like a hostess, but that doesn't sound like a bad idea.

you are still young so dont be too discouraged. IMO, at that age it's hard to know what you are really good at/interested in (at least for me it was), and im sure it's even harder to get a job at that age thats even remotely related to what your interests/skills are.

most people dont have any kind of serious credentials at 18 to get "serious"/meaningful jobs, so i wouldnt worry too much about having to work in shit jobs.

and plus, it's okay to have unemployment swag at 18.

I can't afford to have unemployment swag... I wish I could! I just spent most of my money getting my comic printed, and now I don't have enough to buy a ticket for the convention that I was planning to sell it at.

I'm also afraid I might have to drop out of superswap, because I can't afford to ship my package.

I can't afford to have unemployment swag... I wish I could! I just spent most of my money getting my comic printed, and now I don't have enough to buy a ticket for the convention that I was planning to sell it at.

I'm also afraid I might have to drop out of superswap, because I can't afford to ship my package.

you can borrow from family/friends maybe? if it's something important to you, dont let money stop you (within reason, of course). let me be your agent in 3 years, we will make a killing!

I feel like a shithead (apparently a word to my laptop, neat) borrowing money, unfortunately- but my boyfriend offered to buy my ticket to the convention, how nice! Hopefully I will be able to afford superswap with whatever I may make there... I really just need to find an "unconventional" job that pays enough. I didn't realize how much I depended on this 3 day/week job until right now.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2144966&postcount=40348

Thank you so much for being HONEST qirl. I'll donate you $30 for you to ship your package, if you'd like. Being serious.

I'm in a funk of sorts. Ever since I completely dislocated my elbow a couple months ago, everything from my academic aspirations to athletic expectations have been put on hold.

Literally the very same day I vowed to get into triathlon-shape was the same day I got injured. The hit was so much harder after hyping myself up. And I'm beginning to realize my incapability to constantly be bettering myself athletically is hampering my confidence and motivation to focus on my studies. I don't know why, but athletic progress just breeds confidence in me that permeates every aspect of my life.

More than anything, I've realized I need to establish a realistic, concrete goal for where I want to be 5 or maybe even 10 years from now. I have this persistent want to work, and work hard, towards something, but it seems I just don't know what. This summer break will have gone to waste if it doesn't yield something significant.

The only silver lining in all of this is that I've come across a 3 day/week job and it keeps me busy and feeling like I'm doing something worthwhile. Work makes me happy... go fucking figure.

/self-piteous rant

i'm on day 11 of working 7 days a week (two jobs) and i have 5 more weeks to go of it. it's primarily to save up enough money to travel in september with my sweetheart but i am almost positive, after the stress today caused me, that i won't be able to do it. i have a hard time keeping my running regimen going (also due to the shit weather) because i'm just too damn drained after work, and am in a vicious cycle of coming home, listening to music in my room, reading, and essentially doing nothing, every weeknight.

i wish someone would have slapped me around during undergrad and forced me to study something practical like accounting or engineering

Fuck that man, fuck that. You're so much better of doing what you're doing, even if that currently means not much at all.

my neighbor is a member of that cult

and a gun owner...

actually somewhat concerned.

i looked at the 'math' on their 'calculations' and have come to the conclusion that these people don't really care whta the bible says vs. their own prerogative.

it's essentially a lot of woo-woo addition of dates, not taking into account greek/hebrew inaccuracies, or even changes from gregorian to julian calendars.

long story short, half of the us are idiots, and they're the ones with guns. :(

i wish someone would have slapped me around during undergrad and forced me to study something practical like accounting or engineering

i mean, this is cool if you want to get old and be a boring asshole

i'm struggling with the same right now, graduating with an impractical degree and being unsure of where to go, but i'd rather be in this boat than be trapped in an office at 24 with nothing to look forward to but a pension

grad school for another impractical degree here i come, and hopefully we can both turn our other skills (beyond being educated middle class men) into lucrative careers somehow

my exchange in Sweden is coming to an end and I am becoming really apprehensive about moving back to Canada. It sounds really corny but I have made a few really good friendships with people who I may never see again or see very rarely. I have zero responsibility here and school has been a fraction of the work I am used to. I am not complaining about my time here, I just know it will be hard as fuck to adjust to life back home.