superconfessional

so she told you she's on the pill? and your 100% positive she dont miss a dose ever?
For sure I know she's on the pill, and in the past she's missed maybe two pills (on far separate occasions) but that never caused any problems for us.

my friend, who wanted to be a doctor, told me that you dont get paid as a doctor until you're in your 30s

after med school you have to do residency and barely make anything. After you're done with your residency you can either work for a hospital or start your own practice

if you start your own practice you build up a clientele (people go to their preferred doctors and dont switch much) it limits your mobility. Meaning you cant move from LA to SF because then you will have to rebuild your clientele

Does this sound right? If so, shit sucks

yeah

also for your own practice dont forget the ridiculousness of most malpractice claims, and how expensive malpractice insurance is

Sounds like pharmacy is better deal than medicine. You can goto a pretty cheap state school for it for 5 years, graduate with a tiny bit of debt and start at 160K doing the night shift at a Duane Reade/CVS.

26 new pharmacy schools have opened in the past 6 years or so. So yeah, at one time, PharmD was a good deal, but now the market is pretty saturated with applicants especially in desirable markets. Same thing is happening with a number of allied health fields once schools realize the demand (and the money) is there.

Are you in med school?

there are a bunch of us in med school on this board....

M1, living the life.

Yeah, I agree with pretty much all your points. Mil covering all loans is pretty attractive, but I think the money is really in running admin/behind the scenes shit.All the docs I know clearing 7+ figures are CEOs/Admin people.

Caveat: I know only what I've eked out of studentdoctor.net and talking with M2/M3/M4s/doctors/professors/professionals/etc at the cafeteria/etc. A lot of my info may be based primarily on hearsay and shit people tell me, so ymmv. step 1s are still a year away ayways, but I'm already getting the 'JOIN THE ARMY! PAY FOR SCHOOLING! GET SHOT!' emails already.

As for pharmacy – come ON. at least medicine is exciting.

i got fired less than two weeks ago, a bit before i had decided to leave by my own. it was all very frustrating and unfair, but went over it.

I decided to put all my energy and time into knitting, and hopefully make a living out of it. That's the only thing I think I could really do in my life. But right now, i'm just so broke, i'm not even sure i'll get unemployment (and I would really need that as a starter). my friends believe it's gonna work, my mom's afraid i'm not gonna be able to pay my shit. i'm fucking stressed and the only way it comes out is through stomach ache. i can't eat

i've spent thousands the past few months. i've got to control my shopping habits. i have literally been spending money every day. i've got to learn to save, its almost a foreign concept to me since young. it has to start NOW. fuck.

I'm stuck between finishing my grad school applications (which are due monday) and going to see Appleblim tonight

#firstworldproblems

speaking of flickr check out cree.py its an app that scans people's flickr's gets the geotags off their pics if any, and creates a map in either google or liveearth map format of where they took the pics with time stamps and links to each picture.

http://ilektrojohn.github.com/creepy/