superconfessional

getting waitlisted at colleges is the oddest feeling

I'm glad I didn't get rejected outright, but mostly just irritated/pissed that I didn't get in, especially when it happened with both an incredibly selective school and a significantly less selective school.

I'm just fucking frustrated because of how difficult the college process is and how ridiculously expensive it is. The only school i can afford is a shitty public school or community college, neither of which appeal to me very much but will probably be where i end up. It's hard being middle class, too, since you don't qualify for financial aid but still can't afford it. And i'm trying to avoid loans but who knows if i can..

fuck, man

Wherever you wind up going its up to YOU to make it work. Plenty of people have gone to these "shitty" public schools and community colleges you speak of and managed to be successful minus the debt.

Good Luck

unless you are planning on doing some sort of engineering or hard science, it honestly doesnt matter much what school you go to outside of HYPS for undergrad.

id say save your money and go to your local state school, and plan on going to grad school if you want to pursue your studies further. dont take on unnecessary student loans for an undergrad education.

getting waitlisted at colleges is the oddest feeling

I'm glad I didn't get rejected outright, but mostly just irritated/pissed that I didn't get in, especially when it happened with both an incredibly selective school and a significantly less selective school.

I'm just fucking frustrated because of how difficult the college process is and how ridiculously expensive it is. The only school i can afford is a shitty public school or community college, neither of which appeal to me very much but will probably be where i end up. It's hard being middle class, too, since you don't qualify for financial aid but still can't afford it. And i'm trying to avoid loans but who knows if i can..

fuck, man

haha what?

it's called a scholarship son

do better than your peers

BAM instant money fo free

life is hard

DEAL WID IT

Went to SELA today to buy some denim and ended up having my car get towed with a ticket on top of it...ENTIRELY my fault but I wish I had something to blame it on so I wouldn't feel as stupid. These damn jeans ended up costing me a good extra $350!

haha what?

it's called a scholarship son

do better than your peers

BAM instant money fo free

life is hard

DEAL WID IT

I did get scholarships that shit ain't enough though!

~*peasant swag*~

and i want to do environmental studies/art

it is what it is though so i'll deal with whatever school i go to

Went to SELA today to buy some denim and ended up having my car get towed with a ticket on top of it...ENTIRELY my fault but I wish I had something to blame it on so I wouldn't feel as stupid. These damn jeans ended up costing me a good extra $350!

Well, Did you learn your lesson?

I did get scholarships that shit ain't enough though!

~*peasant swag*~

and i want to do environmental studies/art

it is what it is though so i'll deal with whatever school i go to

Honestly dude, if you can't afford an University then just go to community college and transfer. Its not worth it to just settle for a school you don't really want to graduate from just because you can't afford/did not get accepted into the one you wanted to go to.

i reaaallly want to take an exam on a shit load of drugs like i don't care but i can't see that ahappening in the next future. also where is the are you drunk thread.

i used to drop acid and go to tests on the regular. it was scary and fun.

Honestly dude, if you can't afford a University then just go to community college and transfer. Its not worth it to just settle for a school you don't really want to graduate from just because you can't afford/did not get accepted into the one you wanted to go to.

will probably be doing this, even though i don't want to. Money saved is money saved, though, so i'll try to make the best of it. Thanks for the advice dude.

^^ regarding this: it's a lot cheaper and you're probably going to enter uni as a 3rd year with better grades.

a buddy of mine did that entering ucsandiegooz and then left for a md at ucsf.

so ymmv but hard work will make you aweome

I used to design womens clothing for Urban Outfitters...

:[

heh. aside from the obvious, they're a fucking awful company.

my girlfriend applied for a concept & color position there and they wasted a few months of interviewing and fawning over her skills only to eliminate the position and replace it with a blog for user submitted inspiration photos.

Had some cancer cut outta my face recently, and yesterday I missed being in a head on collision by two or three seconds. I feel like someone's got their crosshairs on me and my time ain't long.