superconfessional

dismal... i am reading murakami's dance dace dance and the hero is played by you in my head

can't rep you, so i quote.. my real life me in like 20 years features in South of the Border, West of the Sun =\

Look, this is old news at this point, but leave the kid alone. There's a difference between someone who's being arrogantly, ignorantly stupid and this guy, who's obviously been humbled by the consequences of his mistakes, recognizes them for what they are, and is trying to climb out of what sounds like a very dark place....

even before comparing his driving skill to that of a senior, his original post to which i responded showed while he understood this was his fault, he also felt he should be an exception to the rules. as he himself said, having these rules in place does not stop jackasses who get seriously drunk and cause fatalities. but it's the principle

if he had not been drinking, but still got written up for not having his lights on (despite there being otherwise abundant lighting on the road) that would still be wrong. was he going to crash or have someone hit him cuz his lights weren't on? probably not. but as lak said, laws are made with the worst drivers in mind.

my point was not to take cheap shots at him, but rather that one should not be exempt from laws simply as a result of self-reported capability. i feel that part of being responsible is following the law even when it is not always convenient for you

however, with his subsequent posts, it is clear that he is merely understandably upset about having to pay so much for a small mistake, more than feeling like he's been victimized by the law. the penalties are probably more severe than they need to be, especially for low blood alcohol levels and/or first time offences.

as for not having a record, maybe you can get it expunged later

yeah, I understand that drunk driving is a bad thing. However, It has been blown way out of proportion. I blew a .086 and was perfectly capable of driving fine. Two years ago, the limit in my state was lowered from 1.0 to .08, so I wasn't a criminal then.

.10 to .08, you'd pass out long before you 1.0 ;-)

I was wondering what you blew. .086? Ya, you got fucked. Anyone who's ever had two or three drinks over an hour or two and gotten behind the wheel (and a LOT of people do that every day) was very close to the .08 limit. Not defending drunk driving, but honestly .08 is too low, and the law should have been left at .10 I think it was George Bush (talk about a hypocrit) that put pressure on the states to lower the blood levels to .08

that's low, but still serves the point. You guys have QR and city taxis to rely on as well, get home safely.

Non coastal living in the US entails getting fucked up, getting in a cold car, hoping your lights are on and shit, and then getting to each stoplight and thinking you're stopping and giving the crosswalk and intersection a good look before you blast off; do you trust every asshole in America to do that without fail? Obviously not.

^ nah but I trust most midwesterners to drive their trucks on backroads and dirtroads to get home even if it takes an extra half hour. pretty sure that's why there's so much crackdown in big cities for drinking and driving - more pedestrians and intersections. pulling bikes over in NYC for example?

Yeah. .086. thanks for the kind words guys. Obviously I know it could be a lot worse and have kept things in perspective. I don't believe I should be exempt from the law, but when you're backed up against a wall, you can't help but be critical of the system that created the law in the first place.

Anyways, thanks for letting me vent. it helped.

[quote name='_ironman;

2565356]:confused::confused::confused:

DON'T BE IRRESPONSIBLE

0.jpg

.10 to .08' date=' you'd pass out long before you 1.0 ;-)

I was wondering what you blew. .086? Ya, you got fucked. Anyone who's ever had two or three drinks over an hour or two and gotten behind the wheel (and a LOT of people do that every day) was very close to the .08 limit. Not defending drunk driving, but honestly .08 is too low, and the law should have been left at .10 I think it was George Bush (talk about a hypocrit) that put pressure on the states to lower the blood levels to .08[/quote']

Retarded night last night..

Started off with a coupla four lokos and blunts, got a jailhouse gg allin tattoo from my friend, made my way to Baruch to see the trailer park boys, lost my phone in the cab on the way there, called it and then met who found it at a bar at double crown, got hit on by a black girl named Tiffany who thought I was cute, got offered drinks by the guy who found it, made my way to 169, proceeded to drink more genny screamers and well whiskey shots than I can remember and eat 20 something dumplings... After that it gets hazy