superconfessional

^ if u get the premium ones, they hurt ur teeth after the 5th day. ouch :(

im being too lazy to make something to eat or even go drive out to get something to eat.

i would rather starve and lay/sit here than eat.

=/

trust me dog, you haven't seen my shit. ex girlfriend saw some of my artwork in senior year and asked "what grade did you make this, 2nd?" nooope about 2 months ago.

I just read about what happened. Generally, creativity and technique produce great art rather than just natural talent. There's very few people that live of talent. I used to be rather terrible at sketching and painting, but after I took a class in school for some requirement, I realized that I was somewhat interested in it. Then, later on, I "copped' a canvas and just started trying some stuff out. Eventually, I developed a certain creative style and a style in terms of the painting itself. Now, my stuff is considered decent by some of the people who see it (you can check the "post your creations" thread if you want to check some of them out). This may not be the case, but you seem to be interested in design especially because you like to be creative AND have an interest in fashion/clothing yourself. Once you take a few classes, you may develop (or may not, but its definitely worth trying in the situation you're in at the moment) an interest in art as a bystander. This interest may spur you on to take an interest in producing interest art. At least taking a few art classes seems to be a better idea than sitting around if you do end up missing this year. Anyway, good luck with this.

I absolutely hate doing any school related art. The fact that they tell you that art's all about creativity and then mark you down when you stray away from what they want irks me. Like when writing teachers tell you to develop your own style and they tell you to do this by reading and copying the style of other writers, that shit ain't helpful.

I absolutely hate doing any school related art. The fact that they tell you that art's all about creativity and then mark you down when you stray away from what they want irks me. Like when writing teachers tell you to develop your own style and they tell you to do this by reading and copying the style of other writers, that shit ain't helpful.

obviously you develop your own style by copying. I always stray from what we have to do at school but I can always find a way to relate it to the class material. The teachers dig that.

basically just be smart about it and school can be fun!

i'm just going to take a year and figure out what i want to do, after spending a good 2 hours sitting through a drawing class i realized i have no talent in that what so ever.

yo, i don't like you but imma say this if you really think designing is for you then stick with the course that your on now assuming that your taking womenswear courses. it's about the foundation. sketching, draping, construction, tailoring, grading, pattern making, specs., textiles, fabric manipulation, etc. are all things you need to learn to be a designer which are taught at any school with a decent fashion program. at the end of the day it's about technique and creativity. wheither your doing womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, sportswear whatever as long as you have the foundation and the drive to learn and adapt anything is within reach. so FIT can provide you with the foundation that you need you've just gotta ask yourself do you have the creativity and determination to stick to this field?

if you love the industry but can't cut it then try other paths. pattern maker, tailor, trend forecaster, visual merchandising, buyer, marketing, journalism, retailing, costume designer, textile design. like I said I don't like you but if you need advice i don't mind shooting you some words. wordddd.