^Wook

Great Looking Jeans and excellent Photos.

Love the busted Selvage pockets.

This is one of several brands joining in the mix over the next couple of months.

Born + Bred is a handmade Leatherworks that operates from a small workshop down a tiny cobbled mews in Hove, Brighton, on the south coast of England. Paul De Nagy , a fan of 50’s surf and skate culture, began a few years ago by making a wallet with a chain for a friend and was soon inundated with requests for more.

As well as the biker wallet whose design has been adapted exclusively for Rivet & Hide they make simple, stylish and practical leather goods that improve the older they get.

Designed, cut, stitched and sewn by hand in house without the use of machines. They cut every piece of leather using hand held blades, and then marry up the pieces and stitch them using a waxed thread.

They use a mixture of Horween CXL with beautiful patinas and veg-tanned leathers.

The Biker

IMG_1418b_zpscd744539.jpg

IMG_1425b_zps5bdc4a8b.jpg

The Classic Billfold

IMG_1365b_zpse2b85830.jpg

IMG_1393b_zpse17a9f35.jpg

Iphone 5 case

IMG_1511b_zps2539de37.jpg

The Standard Card Holder

IMG_1504b_zpsa63253a6.jpg

The A Frame Glasses Case

IMG_1453b_zps328b0166.jpg

The Key Lanyard

IMG_1533b_zpsfdd64ae4.jpg

Nice looking kit Danny, are they planning to do anybody wallet reins?

Edited by Geeman

Nice looking kit Danny, are they planning to do anybody wallet reins?

Hi Geeman,

None planned as yet but they're open to suggestions. I'm working on some new ideas with them.

Big thank you to Danny and Junior for hemming my Steel Feathers and guiding me on the purchase of a Flat Head work shirt. Two genuine blokes doing it for the love of denim.

As a much respected and loved forum member for years I am delighted that Rivet & Hide has been chosen by Beatle as the pre-order retailer for the launch of Bybeatle Volume One jeans.

These jeans are by pre-order until April 1st with a 10% discount. Thereafter, they will revert to full price. Delivery expected mid-April. Just enter beat1 into coupon code on checkout page

A modern slim fit with a mid-rise and a strong tapered leg.

The fit is meant to be worn true to size for comfort. The seat and thigh area are designed with the extra bit of room that you need for riding a bike and all day tasks without feeling restricted.

The 17oz raw Japanese Selvage denim is loomed at a family operated mill in the heart of the Okayama prefecture under supervision of the ALLBLUE Inc. Japan.

The denim has been rope-dyed with 24 dips giving it a super dark indigo blue color. The hand and feel of the denim is very substantial and combines texture, slub and a beautiful sheen. Once soaked the weight will increase to approx. 18 oz.

The jeans are unsanforized / shrink to fit –True to size will give you a relaxed slim fit, if you size down one and can handle the pain you will be rewarded with a super slim silhouette.

Artisans in Kojima, also known as the holy land of denim are responsible for crafting and sewing the jeans. TCB is a garment factory that works for numerous Japanese brands, one of them is Sugar Cane. They pay attention to every stitch and every button.

17oz raw selvedge denim milled in Okayama

Rope-dyed with 24 dips

Reinforced crotch

10 oz. Cotton twill hickoree pinstripe pocket bags

Raised belt loops

Half-lined back pockets

All threads in UEJ polycore

​

Thanks to Jean-Luc Brouard for another hilarious denim shoot.

lxpyk0MmYc1tBbbOrmJ575fQ4PXHltjsLz_xlZVNKZU_zpsda273807.jpg

6OxsHKmqou8B9wroyv9lP9gC-fhOsMIldFJYkh0rIhQ_zps6adf5004.jpg

45rTi0b1CHbqHpkl5onekdt4Uu2EOPwpT40IfViOcK0_zps0ed7fb10.jpg

4Vi1QrkiNIAJgT9GWnoSeGqUoM5P_EGYmNjOVIX8waQ_zps6edb4347.jpg

aYb_9aGbCyQLekjHe8O_16Qail8lceMeze3Z8N3I6p4_zps239c13ad.jpg

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

Seriously - it´s been a wild ride - and I have been dreaming about this for a long time. I am more than happy that the day is here and I am also very thankful for the support and believe that Rivet&Hide are putting into my brand. And seriously - I am hoping to see a lot of sufu denim heads putting their faith into the product - and their legs into a pair bybeatle´s.

PS.: I´m going to have some wine now...

perfect slim fit and top notch details

this is gonna be a blast beatle!

the model is wearing sized down one, right? or tts?

the model is wearing sized down one, right? or tts?

1 down. The sample pair was a 31"w and Robin would normally wear a 32

thank you very much Danny

and that pair was soaked, right?

are these going to be available for pre-order only or will you guys carry a few extra (in the bigger sizes)?

just asking cuz I'd first like to know the "real" measurements before jumping on them, thx!

oh and beats this one's all for you...lean back and enjoy your moment, well deserved girl!

tumblr_lq2u0cmb2s1qii6tmo1_500.gif

congrats Beatle !

Like to see yourself wearing the jeans.

are these going to be available for pre-order only or will you guys carry a few extra (in the bigger sizes)?

just asking cuz I'd first like to know the "real" measurements before jumping on them, thx!

oh and beats this one's all for you...lean back and enjoy your moment, well deserved girl!

tumblr_lq2u0cmb2s1qii6tmo1_500.gif

TF, all the sizes 28-36 will be available for pre-order and in store once the order arrives.

Thanks for your kind words, seriously appreciated. As mentioned before - get these true to size. They are a slim fit to begin with so there´s no need to size down.

Shrinkage info - like all raw untreated loom state denim this denim will shrink. Maximum shrinkage in the waist would be 1 inch all around / in other words 0.5 if measured flat across.

And like all denim it will stretch out again over the first couple of weeks. Now make may day and order a pair :ph34r:

And the patch design - will be embossed on cow hide natural tan ...

8524913972_dc6e3bec91_z.jpg

8531215502_cf4135c72a_z.jpg

8530127305_05614af7f5_z.jpg

Loving these, and the hickoree pockets are a nice touch. Well done.

Apologies for any confusion. The thigh measurements for the bybeatle volume one jeans have been updated on the size chart in accordance with our own how we measure guide.

On the matter of inseam - we´ve had a couple of questions if we can do a longer inseam. It is possible, but it does however add extra cost in term of material and production. But since we have the advantage of working directly with the garment factory we can special order the longer inseam - and to make it simple I think that a 40 inseam for all those who have seriously long legs would be the perfect solution. I can´t send out a production order that says 1 pair in 38 , 1 pair in 39 one pair in 40.

So if you seriously need a longer inseam - please place your preorder by April 12th and disregard the discount coupon. This way the extra costs are covered and we can make sure to fit these special inseams in with the on-going production.

I hate to ask a redundant question, but from all the reading I've done, I'm still not entirely certain I have the answer. The sample is a tag size 30 and measured 31 in the waist raw and unworn, correct?

The Rivet and Hide site is stating that a tag size 30 measures 32 in the waist. I want my pair to be a 32 waist raw and shrink to roughly 31 after the initial soak (a little smaller wouldn't be a problem). Should I order a tag size 30 or 31 for that scenario?

Beatle, I read your posts closely and I want to add that my Samurai are tag size 30, but I only soak for 20-30 minutes in cold water because I can't afford a lot of shrink. I want these to be a size bigger so I can start with a hot soak and not worry about too much shrinkage. I know it sounds like I've already answered my own question (I should go with 31), but we're all obsessed with details here, so I was hoping for official, absolute clarity.

Thanks! Oh, and a big congratulations to you.

Simple comparison - the Samurai S0500XX which I own in size 30 is literally about an inch too big on my waist. The sample jeans are tagged 30 and fit perfect after soak. I would recommend that you get a 31 - which you can soak really hot and also wash in the future wothout being afraid that they will become too small.

It´s always good to measure the actual waist on a pair that you feel most comfty in.

If you want to see more images from the bybeatle photo shoot in southern England check them out on the Rivet & Hide Facebook page.

Guest appearances from Railcar Fine Goods, The Flat Head & Indigofera Jeans.

100% wool blankets made in northern Norway from Indigofera now available at Rivet & Hide.

In their own words ""A blanket from Indigofera is, besides a beloved friend that will age and gain patina by years of cuddling, a handcrafted design piece that proves the old saying that Quality Never Goes Out Of Style"

The blanket holders, sold separately, are made from re-used leathers.

KaVNEsKpC8rDhl3sVSWzDXq6cI1Wvl5rIjzlMl-wfRk_zps098dcc6f.jpg

6OxsHKmqou8B9wroyv9lP9gC-fhOsMIldFJYkh0rIhQ_zpsaa4591a9.jpg

Those blankets are the shits. Seriously. And they do look great with a pair of bybeatle...

:ph34r:

8530103253_be99e09179_z.jpg

8524735572_53d8e966e5_z.jpg

8531202750_28e9a26131_z.jpg

I think Danny i will be getting you to send one of those blanks to aus for me!

I think Danny i will be getting you to send one of those blanks to aus for me!

Just the ticket for a trip to the bush, Todd