Supreme FW 2012

pavlovs bell

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the sweatshirt itself for the Supreme x Champion collab was made by Champion or Supreme? If it was made by Champion, I'm definitely glad I didn't pay $136 for it.

how would it be supreme x champion if it wasn't made by champion?

"hey we respect your product but could we just slap your logo on our own shit and pretend it's yours? we'll make it extra big to compensate"

how would it be supreme x champion if it wasn't made by champion?

"hey we respect your product but could we just slap your logo on our own shit and pretend it's yours? we'll make it extra big to compensate"

It was a poorly worded question on my part. I realize it was a collaboration between the two brands. What I was curious about was whether or not it was basically a Supreme sweatshirt with the Champion logo slapped on it (in that case it would justify the price tag, I like Supreme's quality), or vice versa. If it was a Champion sweatshirt I couldn't personally justify paying that much for it since they in reality cost somewhere around $30 to $40.

^^ Those sweatshirts are either the superfleece crewneck (average price of $60) with a bunch of stars and the tiny word "supreme" strewn about or a custom fit champion fleece crewneck to supreme's spec with a bunch of stars and the tiny word "supreme" strewn about.

Either way you cant really say you're being over charged as in either case, you cant get said crewneck anywhere else.

Also, this is a pretty tired argument. You know how much silk costs? not a lot and hermes still sells scarves for $400.

Brands get to charge what they want when people keep buying. deal with it.

i'm sure hermes silk is better than other luxury brand silks but i can't argue with the point.

i think the narrative on the collaboration is supposed to be about champion's flatlock stitching and other construction details from their 80s/90s output that Supreme and CYC tried to recreate in their own (non Champion collaboration) fleeces.

i don't have one onhand to judge but kind of assume that it's more about the branding than the product. i'd love to be proven wrong though

^^ Those sweatshirts are either the superfleece crewneck (average price of $60) with a bunch of stars and the tiny word "supreme" strewn about or a custom fit champion fleece crewneck to supreme's spec with a bunch of stars and the tiny word "supreme" strewn about.

Either way you cant really say you're being over charged as in either case, you cant get said crewneck anywhere else.

Also, this is a pretty tired argument. You know how much silk costs? not a lot and hermes still sells scarves for $400.

Brands get to charge what they want when people keep buying. deal with it.

Makes sense. I was more curious than angry or trying to hate, and pretty surprised that it sold so quickly. You're right.

realize its all tumble weeds and swinging doors over here now, but i refuse to comment on that other site.

Like that they're still riding for Timberland. Cant really call it on these. A wheat chukka just isnt worth it to me. Can't really see red being my color and navy is like Obama in the last election.

Still hoping for a 6" one year.

For those that have purchased box logo hoodies... How fast will those run out? Is it gonna be like instasoldout and crash the site or will I have more than 30 seconds to robocawp?

Obviously this is long after the point but every size/color of the box logo hoodie (with the exception of a couple sizes in the acid green) were gone by 11:02 NYC time.

Got a question for the sufu mafia: do any of you know what type of pullover supreme uses for their sweatshirts? mainly their pieces like the box logo hoodie and their zip up hoods? the only information I've been able to find is that they're a 'heavyweight crossgrain fleece' (that's from supreme's site) and I'm guessing it's a 12-14 oz. fabric? I'd like to get a generic crewneck that won't be $150 and want to find out who sells these things wholesale. I can't find any more information anywhere. anybody got an ss account who would know?

Obviously this is long after the point but every size/color of the box logo hoodie (with the exception of a couple sizes in the acid green) were gone by 11:02 NYC time.

Got a question for the sufu mafia: do any of you know what type of pullover supreme uses for their sweatshirts? mainly their pieces like the box logo hoodie and their zip up hoods? the only information I've been able to find is that they're a 'heavyweight crossgrain fleece' (that's from supreme's site) and I'm guessing it's a 12-14 oz. fabric? I'd like to get a generic crewneck that won't be $150 and want to find out who sells these things wholesale. I can't find any more information anywhere. anybody got an ss account who would know?

You could always purchase a reigning champ hoodie or zip up. CYC's house brand. Made in canada, minimal to no branding

Reigning champ did a good blank crew neck with Steven Alan this year if you want to check that out. I think it's cotton/wool blend though

yeah it's 38% cotton, 35% wool, 15% nylon, 12% silk. fabric is great actually but hardly a comparative steal at $180? while we're at it, strike gold makes the ultimate crewneck for just a bit more: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=814 (they are restocking this week I think)

go uniqlo if you want to get something decent for cheap: http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-sweat-long-sleeve-shirt/069562-38-004

• 3 weeks later...