Supreme FW 2012

pavlovs bell

brand is just depressing at this point. When half the scene kids going to Blood on the Dance Floor shows here in Albuquerque are head to toe Supreme you know it's time to bow out.

Will rock my lion of judah wool sweater til the day I die tho.

the brand jumped the shark, what do you expect? but what do i know, really

i mean, i feel like this is the easy (and not necessarily wrong) standpoint for people who have been 'in the know' for more than a few years to take. sure it's different but i'm not entirely sold on the idea that it's jumped the shark per se. i dunno, i guess there is only so much to say about what's coming out now, i really just wish i could get my SS account back because this thread has devolved into so much nothingness. but yeah, what do i know, really

i mean, i feel like this is the easy (and not necessarily wrong) standpoint for people who have been 'in the know' for more than a few years to take. sure it's different but i'm not entirely sold on the idea that it's jumped the shark per se. i dunno, i guess there is only so much to say about what's coming out now, i really just wish i could get my SS account back because this thread has devolved into so much nothingness. but yeah, what do i know, really

hey if you have anything to say, just say it. and if you have nothing to say about supreme, then that pretty much says it all about it. the brand has painted itself into a corner by expanding too much and not focusing enough on making each piece as good as it can be. beyond that, they've put a lot of stuff into on-trend #menswear area, where there's a lot of quality competition.

other brands are still ripping off shit supreme did 5-7 years ago. what are they doing now that people will remember in the next 2?

"Are you doing what you did two years ago? Yeah? Well don't make a career out of it"

brand is just depressing at this point. When half the scene kids going to Blood on the Dance Floor shows here in Albuquerque are head to toe Supreme you know it's time to bow out.

Will rock my lion of judah wool sweater til the day I die tho.

yo just don't buy supreme camps or anything with leopard/camo and you'll still be cool

Supreme, today, is probably as big or exposed or well-known as it has ever been. But I don't think they've has changed their approach to the stuff they put out. The style and quality seems to be the same as it's always been. The past couple of seasons have been really solid overall, even if nothing in particular has jumped out as an absolute must-have like in years past.

I still go for the staples and one-off piece here and there, but my overall inclination to buy many items has waned. I think, however, that has more to do with getting older and becoming more conscious of my spending habits than it is a reflection of the brand.

Sure, there are probably more kooks and herbs wearing the brand than ever before, but that's to be expected. If that changes your perception of the product, then I think you gotta question why you were buying it in the first place.

These days, I'm just surprised at the items being purchased and how quickly they're gone.

For a while now, camp caps and other box logo stuff was gone in a matter of hours. That's nothing new. But more expensive, more subtly-branded pieces are going quicker and quicker. I feel like I've said that before. In fact, I'm sure I have. It just seems to be happening more rapidly every season. The higher priced pieces used to stick around nearly all season. Now, they're gone just as fast as a camo camp cap.

Anyway, not sure where I was going with this. Carry on.

Supreme, today, is probably as big or exposed or well-known as it has ever been. But I don't think they've has changed their approach to the stuff they put out. The style and quality seems to be the same as it's always been. The past couple of seasons have been really solid overall, even if nothing in particular has jumped out as an absolute must-have like in years past.

I still go for the staples and one-off piece here and there, but my overall inclination to buy many items has waned. I think, however, that has more to do with getting older and becoming more conscious of my spending habits than it is a reflection of the brand.

Sure, there are probably more kooks and herbs wearing the brand than ever before, but that's to be expected. If that changes your perception of the product, then I think you gotta question why you were buying it in the first place.

These days, I'm just surprised at the items being purchased and how quickly they're gone.

For a while now, camp caps and other box logo stuff was gone in a matter of hours. That's nothing new. But more expensive, more subtly-branded pieces are going quicker and quicker. I feel like I've said that before. In fact, I'm sure I have. It just seems to be happening more rapidly every season. The higher priced pieces used to stick around nearly all season. Now, they're gone just as fast as a camo camp cap.

Anyway, not sure where I was going with this. Carry on.

i do actually think that they've changed the way they approach their collections, in particular the cut and sewn. there's tons more pieces and you never used to see them carry over the same design season after season with minor tweaks the way they do with the chambray or trenchcoat. trying to expand to that degree can end up diluting the individual quality of the pieces and i believe that's what's happened here.

i think about my favorite pieces from the past - the chore coat which is perfect in every way; the hooded bdu, leopard m-51, alpha-made ma-1 in royal blue; bright plaid flannels; even the moroccan zip front merino sweater - you couldn't find anything comparable anywhere, even today. and they 100% nailed every aspect of those pieces.

when's the last c&s piece that wasn't them slapping their branding and a few details on someone else's product that you could say that about?

But more expensive, more subtly-branded pieces are going quicker and quicker. I feel like I've said that before. In fact, I'm sure I have. It just seems to be happening more rapidly every season. The higher priced pieces used to stick around nearly all season. Now, they're gone just as fast as a camo camp cap.

adam kimmel camo jumpsuit

I've had mixed feelings about the explosion of the brand-- I think it's dope they're getting recognition from all over the place, but an obvious implication of the kind of success they're having will be the fanboys and herbs repping anything with a box logo. Preme has been one of my favorite brands since I discovered them years back because of their 'I don't give a damn' attitude and the quality of their pieces. By no means do I love every piece they drop, but I respect them just as much now as I did when I first saw their collections. I don't their mainstream exposure necessarily means they've 'jumped the shark,' I mean if they did I don't think they'd drop a tee with a hairy vagina on it (see SS '12 [i believe] collection).

am i the only one feelin this?

definitely not alone. corduroy is slick! feelin the backpacks too-- diggin the simplicity. honestly not a bad price too. bought a north face backpack a couple years back and it was about $100. $136 for something very purple-label esque is relatively reasonable to me.

Edited by heyitslando