aleopold

Show us your leather

handmade cordovan short wallet

1ce01385.jpg

7348aebd.jpg

640c8e9b.jpg

46dbb0fd.jpg

thanks b. theyre hella cheap too for cordovan!

5084128116_ac38802787_z.jpg

Prepare for a rep storm from the EDC guys: Micra and Skeletool, ready for everything.

My oversized ammo pouch, made from elk hide with deer skin lacing and antler button. 4 months of carrying mail and random tid bits.

dsc04651o.jpg

holy shit the humidity and ass sweat does wonders on the ∆!!

yours looks heaps better than mine and mine's the oldest one!

ps: do want to see back pocket fadez

actually i dont leave it in my backpocket but rather leave it in my bag most of the time so i dont have any backpocket fades. the sweat and humidity does indeed help a lot in the ageing process though. i would love to see how long this piece will last me. its a real great piece for my coins, so thanks chris!

the marbling on one of the sides is really cool man. i guess since mine sits in the pocket 90% of the time it developed a very shiny cast

the first time i saw it start to marble i thought it was starting to fall apart but it turns out to hold very well. the inside of the suede lining has almost totally smoothened out!

damn ran, the leather looks amazing, can't rep though.

Tenjin Works Leather Wallet

New

DSCN1715.jpg

1 year. No tanning. Three applications of Mustang Paste.

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

Close up of leather

DSC_0446.jpg

I used this bag every day for almost three years now. I absoutely love it. On the left backside are some indigo stains from rubbing on my jeans while walking. It was dark matte brown when I got it and developed this nice shine over the years.

sany0149z.jpg

sany0150o.jpg

I asked this in the Leather Goods Evo thread, but I'll ask here as well:

I'm crazy for thinking saddle soap can stain a wallet, right? I applied some to the inside of the wallet (which is much lighter than the outside. It's second-hand), and it's left a dark smudge where the soap was applied. Now, it's been like this for a couple hours now. How do I get rid of it, or will it go away? I've tried rubbing it with a towel, but nothing seems to phase it. The soap didn't have this kind of effect on any other part of the wallet.

Did you use water and saddle soap? The way I do it is I get a rag wet, then get a nice little glob on the wet rag and rub it into the leather until it works up a lather. Dont be afraid to get the leather wet. Then when its rubbed in evenly, wipe it of with a clean damp rag...Try that.

I use a Fiebing's saddle soap that comes out in a foam, so you can apply it directly to the surface. In hindsight, I realize why this was a bad idea, but it didn't effect any other part of the leather but the untanned part.

I wet the leather and i think I may have gotten it to disappear a bit, but I'm not even exactly sure what I did. Just some combination of dampening, and drying.

I asked this in the Leather Goods Evo thread, but I'll ask here as well:

I'm crazy for thinking saddle soap can stain a wallet, right? I applied some to the inside of the wallet (which is much lighter than the outside. It's second-hand), and it's left a dark smudge where the soap was applied. Now, it's been like this for a couple hours now. How do I get rid of it, or will it go away? I've tried rubbing it with a towel, but nothing seems to phase it. The soap didn't have this kind of effect on any other part of the wallet.

you probably put too much on that one spot.

2mo1m6x.jpg

tanner goods natural billfold, since december. No intentional tanning in the sun, no treatments with anything, just carried every day and handled so it's picked up oils from my hands and indigo from my jeans

2dvo9l0.jpg

new zissou card case, looking forward to seeing this develop!

Tanner wallet used since Jan-Febish, no treatment or anything.

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg