Show us your leather

aleopold

18 hours ago, Broark said:

What do you guys think of the new 3Sixteen Schott collaboration that’s about to be released? Not usually a double riders kind of guy but I like the really dark brown leather.

Did you end up picking it up? I noticed they went quick. 

I was considering the 3sixteen jacket but I just got the leather Sugarcane type 2 on Black Friday. 

E8631BE7-5599-4719-ABCB-571AC887CD33.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Skulls Fab Four wallet in English saddle leather. 9 years wear on denim days. I unfortunately lost the plectrum that came with it in the first month.

Never treated but I should do soon... does anyone have any recommendations?

IMG-20180114-WA0007-1.jpg

IMG-20180114-WA0002-1.jpg

IMG-20180114-WA0000-1.jpg

20 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Skulls Fab Four wallet in English saddle leather. 9 years wear on denim days. I unfortunately lost the plectrum that came with it in the first month.

Never treated but I should do soon... does anyone have any recommendations?

IMG-20180114-WA0007-1.jpg

IMG-20180114-WA0002-1.jpg

IMG-20180114-WA0000-1.jpg

Looking great; my Skull Jeans medallion mid-wallet is my favorite wallet.

Doesn't look like you need to condition it, unless you plan to clean it? If so, I like to use saddle soap and then Mustang Paste.

Thanks for the recommendation @Iron Horse. I want to give it some TLC so it continues going strong and sees me through this life at least! So I'll give it a clean with saddle soap. I've never used Mustang Paste and have just seen that DC4 sell it - not cheap at 50 Euro a pot but it's good you recommend it and I do like the write up.

10 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Thanks for the recommendation @Iron Horse. I want to give it some TLC so it continues going strong and sees me through this life at least! So I'll give it a clean with saddle soap. I've never used Mustang Paste and have just seen that DC4 sell it - not cheap at 50 Euro a pot but it's good you recommend it and I do like the write up.

You don't need to pay that much, you can get horse oil conditioner for cheaper:

http://goodsjapan.com/seiwa-leathercraft-horse-oil-leather-treatment-balm--conditioner-paste-small-816-p.asp

I had a tub of that stuff, works great, I used most of it on an old leather jacket but for smaller items like treating a wallet every few years it'll last quite a while.

New card wallet in natural Buttero from Morgan at Full Grain Creations. First time I've seen multi-tone saddle-stitching stitch. Super cool... 

raXw92s.jpg

Full review and more photos here:

https://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2018/01/13/full-grain-creations-the-lexington-card-wallet-review/

13 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Thanks @Cucoo. Did it darken your leather?

I didn't notice any darkening on a brown jacket and nothing dramatic on my wallet or other natural leather items. So, not any more than any treatment would do I guess.

Edited by Cucoo

Hi all, 

I have a question regarding flesh out Horween leather shoes.

How well would it stand up to snow? would I need to treat it first ie would the snow stain the leather?

I'm off to the snow and want to bring adequate footwear. Being from Sydney I have little experience with snow and don't exactly want to ruin my shoes :D 

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...