Show us your leather

aleopold

I see.

I think I wouldn't judge an entire tannery based on one company using they're leather. One of the reasons I was hesitant to get a Himel leather jacket was because from a couple examples I saw it seemed the leather aged very quickly. On the other hand, I had no problem buying a flat head jacket that also uses shinki because of others experience with flat head shinki. Haven't been let down yet!

Interesting interview Mike! I remember reading your blog from when you were still active before and it's great that you're still being active. Also cool because I've also been following unlucky and his work for a while now. I'm still using the belt i bought from him about two years ago and it's still going strong.

Clayton bridle horsehide, 5 years (2 years effective use).

The vintage Dot buttons were original pitch black. Interesting how the Dots wear - the colour fades but the surface is super smooth.

0KSJh2q.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

leather experts, I am hoping you can please assist.

I am in process of buying a new leather jacket. I intend to wear this jacket during winter.

I am stuck between choice of Clayton chrome tanned horsehide (2.5-3oz) and Horween FQCT 'Warhawk' horsehide (3.5-4oz). The Horween will cost £75/$100 more.

What would you guys say is the better leather choice?

thanks. I'm gonna go with the Horween in that case.

I would like alpaca for lining but they don't have that option so i'm going with tartan wool. I will most likely be wearing over heavyweight flannel shirt and/or hoody so should be warm enough (i hope)