Show us your leather

aleopold

Hey Guys,

Here’s the latest card wallet and my first time working with purple dye! And I found that the dye is very effective! It was tough to get a decent photo of this one due to the dark color, but you’ll be able to get a decent idea of the finished color and the variations the dye has on different sections of the hide I used. I think this one will patina fantastically as it ages! Hope you like it, D!

de46fb0b.jpg

661217e0.jpg

4bef2b2a.jpg

I made this slim long wallet a couple of months ago and have been using it nearly every day since. My goal was to have a wallet where the card slots don't overlap each other so there are no thick spots.

Friday_and_River_Waseda_Long_Wallet_2_Months.jpg

Edited by Friday

I made this slim long wallet a couple of months ago and have been using it nearly every day since. My goal was to have a wallet where the card slots don't overlap each other so there are no thick spots.

I like your wallet! And I also appreciate your attention to the thickness issues. Some of the "big" wallets are super thick and way too bulky for my liking. Do you have a view from the side?

Edited by Moonshine

Hey Guys,

Here is my latest; another bi-fold made from the gator hide my friend gave me. I made this one similar to my personal wallet that I posted a while back, but it does have a few differences (thread color and I treated the interior with some Obenauf’s LP to darken it a bit). You’ll be able to see the differences in the photos that feature both wallets.

1faea346.jpg

97cde39f.jpg

cac73551.jpg

16a63b0c.jpg

15cb9ff7.jpg

e5d9e456.jpg

7cd8d63f.jpg

b06696e3.jpg

My Angelos cordovan is about 2 years now. Or maybe just 1 but either way I still love it.

7499262358_9ecd80704b_z.jpg

I don't know of any other manufacturer than can hang with Angelos' burnishing! Super-nice!

too bad sufu unable to rep.

pretty amazed shipping from Indonesia to UK just took 3 working days.

hope you will enjoy the product :)

anyway, lil update on my leathers:

DSC_0074.jpg

~July 2011

DSC_0173-1.jpg

~January 2012

DSC_0100-1.jpg

now

Edited by lucaas

Looking good lucaas! I take it you work at\own voyej?? I was super impressed by the postage times :) , and the quality of voyej goods leaves nothing to be desired too!!. I have been looking at tanner belts but think i may go for a voyej belt instead now!

The top leather cuff is from Josh James Studio with a hand carved brass button. The leather was stained with antique black.

The second photo of the cuff shows the natural leather.

Josh James Studio Leather Cuff

Josh James Studio Leather Cuff

The leather wallet pictured is also by Josh James Studio. It is handstitched and embossed with the Josh James logo and a hand tooled rose with a red stain.

Josh James Studio Wallet

Josh James Studio Wallet

The is an in house hand forged Josh James Studio buckle. It was crafted with the same techniques used in sword making of forming a blade of several metal pieces of differing composition that are forge-welded together and twisted and manipulated to form a pattern.

Josh James Studio Belt and Buckle

3 pocket card wallet. First pic is my wallet, an alternate version of the one I sell, with a money flap instead of a card pocket on the left of the inside. Loving this design. I've made a bunch for friends and such, but decided to cast a wider net. So I just opened at Etsy storefront. More stuff to come. Working on a billfold design now. http://www.etsy.com/...tarLeatherGoods

keegan

3pock_altdesign.jpg3pockcardwallet.jpg3pockcardwallet2.jpg3pockcardwallet3.jpg

Hey Guys,

I got a chance to do a bit of work in the shop this weekend and I turned out a couple of little projects for myself. The 1st one is a set of very simple coasters, that turned out great, IMO. Nothing much to say about these…

Coasters

e200391d.jpg

bdd8809e.jpg

The next project was bit more complicated and time consuming, but it will do what I need it to for a long time coming! This “Tool Box†will help me keep some of my lesser-used, bigger tools that won’t fit in the tool rack together and hopefully keep them (and me!) from getting damaged. The box is made from 5-6 oz. horse hide, which is uber-overkill for this type of project but it should survive a bomb-blast well! I think I’ll make another one similar to this style but in a different size and design and it will also be made from a thinner and different leather. Even though this box looks like a project that a kid would make at summer camp, it does have quite a bit of work involved! That being the case, I would like to get my execution down on this type of project so I can make some other useful stuff for myself and others (motorcycle/horse saddle bags, satchels, computer cases/bags, etc…)

“Tool Boxâ€

57e072ab.jpg

fee9ba99.jpg

03685542.jpg

a0bb0443.jpg