Show us your leather

aleopold

I'm not impressed with those tanner wallets, can't believe they

charged $70 for those

I've had two...only because my dog literally ate one of them, and they have both been pretty sturdy for my use. Nice simple billfold, didn't fall apart and aged rather well imo, what didn't you like about yours?

I'm not impressed with those tanner wallets, can't believe they

charged $70 for those

wow, are you really complaining about price points when dudes are copping 400-600$ fh and ih wallets? on a fashion forum where 300$ jawns are the norm?

'the fuck outta here with that shit.

contribute or keep lurking.

yeah, this pic is old. but this page has been shitted on enough already...

059106210bb.jpg

The super-expensive wallets offer a little more than a plain six-card bifold. I had one for a short time and never carried it - there weren't even spots behind the card slots IIRC.

The Iron Heart is probably the best-designed wallet I've seen - but I don't really like the color of the natural/tan cordovan, seems a bit too yellow. Not that I could ever justify $700 for a wallet anyway.

http://www.obbigoodlabel.com/store/categories/ogl-jane-veg-tan-bifold-wallet/

($80)

http://corterleather.bigcartel.com/product/the-standard-bifold

($92)

Unluckys bifold is in the same price point to... I'm not hating, I just

appreciate wallets that are truely handmade/handsewn. I dabble in

amateur leatherwork and can't justify a machine sewn wallet costing

$70.. i'll shut up now since I got some of yall panties in a bunch

and will make a bifold like their's, but handsewn, then i'll sell it

for half the price.

^ How do you like the N&F belt? Quality of the leather?

Overall im not too impressed with the belt. the leather is said to be 15oz but they feel so light.. leather is not compact ,feel kinda 'spongy' . my knowledge about leather is pretty limited so please bare with my description :o

stitching is too shabby, machine stitched, they used very thin thread im assuming the same thin thread they used on leather patches on their denim that people usually complain about. i broke the stitching the first time i put them on..kind of very frustrated by that..for the thickness of the leather they should have atleast use thicker thread.

the buckle is stainless steel. doesnt feel solid and strong compared to brass buckle but i love this type of buckle single pin simple clean design.

the updside of all this is the belt doesnt feel heavy at all for the thickness of leather they used and for that buckle size which therefore gives me more mobility around the waist with the belt on.