Show us your leather

aleopold

I asked this in the Leather Goods Evo thread, but I'll ask here as well:

I'm crazy for thinking saddle soap can stain a wallet, right? I applied some to the inside of the wallet (which is much lighter than the outside. It's second-hand), and it's left a dark smudge where the soap was applied. Now, it's been like this for a couple hours now. How do I get rid of it, or will it go away? I've tried rubbing it with a towel, but nothing seems to phase it. The soap didn't have this kind of effect on any other part of the wallet.

I use a Fiebing's saddle soap that comes out in a foam, so you can apply it directly to the surface. In hindsight, I realize why this was a bad idea, but it didn't effect any other part of the leather but the untanned part.

I wet the leather and i think I may have gotten it to disappear a bit, but I'm not even exactly sure what I did. Just some combination of dampening, and drying.

I asked this in the Leather Goods Evo thread, but I'll ask here as well:

I'm crazy for thinking saddle soap can stain a wallet, right? I applied some to the inside of the wallet (which is much lighter than the outside. It's second-hand), and it's left a dark smudge where the soap was applied. Now, it's been like this for a couple hours now. How do I get rid of it, or will it go away? I've tried rubbing it with a towel, but nothing seems to phase it. The soap didn't have this kind of effect on any other part of the wallet.

you probably put too much on that one spot.

2mo1m6x.jpg

tanner goods natural billfold, since december. No intentional tanning in the sun, no treatments with anything, just carried every day and handled so it's picked up oils from my hands and indigo from my jeans

2dvo9l0.jpg

new zissou card case, looking forward to seeing this develop!